Paulo Dybala (152 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah bad control but lets somehow forget that Correa dribbled 3 of our players as if they werent there.
The situation won't happen if Dybala can control it. And it easier to keep that ball.
Our players seems to expect the whistle is blown. Correa dribble also quite good and then he went to our penalty box and has a risk to be tripped and punished by penalty

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You know things are bad when even Pegi wants a scientific explanation
Best post in thread. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

If it was the good ol’ days and superstars weren’t such coddled babies, I’d say Pirlo should put him out of the squad for a few weeks, or even down with the U23s, and tell him to get his headspace sorted, rediscover his passion for the game and working hard as part of a team. Then bring him back and hopefully have him play his way into form for the meat of the season.

But a player with Dybala’s attitude would probably demand a transfer after that sort of tough love treatment so I’m not really sure what can be done with him. His disinterested, piss-poor form and attitude on the pitch is harming the team more than helping right now. He’s supposed to be a guy our attacking play flows through and instead he’s castrating our attacking play constantly. No easy fix. It’s tough to have that right now, when the process of getting him going is taking this long and shall likely cost us more points If he doesn’t just magically find form very soon..

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This mofo wants a pay bump :haha:
If he insists on these wages while he doesnt play much much better we should definitely sell him.
The thing is Im not sure we can get that much from him - Maybe 60M

I say give him time until the start of the coming window and if he doesnt come back to last year`s Dybala - Its time to say goodbye.
I really like him and I think he can do something really great but there are always setbacks with him and Im getting tired with it.

If he cant rise again - I can see Tottenham asking for him again as they wanted him before while we can move for Thuram to have that big strong forward we apparentely wanted.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Maybe its residual Covid? :scared:
it's his contract. he's making bad decisions left and right, simply not concentrating on his first touch, his passes are either too low risk or simply terrible, can't shoot, doesn't really fight. it's all in his head. he needs to get back to work, no two ways about it.

btw he obviously fucked up before the goal, but it happened like 40 meters away from our goal, and after that, lazio played through our midfield + defense in 7 seconds without any resistance. blaming the goal solely on dybala is like blaming it on anybody else (cuadrado, bonucci, bentancur or pirlo) individually. it was a team effort with too many mistakes that should not happen under any circumstances.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
it's his contract. he's making bad decisions left and right, simply not concentrating on his first touch, his passes are either too low risk or simply terrible, can't shoot, doesn't really fight. it's all in his head. he needs to get back to work, no two ways about it.

btw he obviously fucked up before the goal, but it happened like 40 meters away from our goal, and after that, lazio played through our midfield + defense in 7 seconds without any resistance. blaming the goal solely on dybala is like blaming it on anybody else (cuadrado, bonucci, bentancur or pirlo) individually. it was a team effort with too many mistakes that should not happen under any circumstances.
The loss isn’t entirely on him of course... but aside from that boneheaded control and loss of possession, he’s doing this numerous times each appearance. And it’s castrating our attacking play while he is on the pitch. When we try to play through him, which is forced because of how he drops deep to demand the ball, when he’s in this sort of form he disrupts our gameplay massively.

He’s a player who relies on moments of sheer brilliance even when in his best form, sometimes more, sometimes less, which is why we have rarely seen this team regularly cutting incisively through others when playing through Paulo. And when those brilliant moments dry up, we look pretty damn bad with him on the pitch.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Man this made me take another look at that 2006 squad. https://www.transfermarkt.pt/brasil/kader/verein/3439/saison_id/2005/plus/1

It's better than I thought. World class players all around the pitch, with 2 or 3 biggest stars at the moment.

Brazil had:

Dida - 31 - Milan
Julio Cesar - 25 - Inter

Lucio - 27 - Munich
Juan - 26 - Leverkusen

Roberto Carlos - 32 - Madrid
Cafu - 35 - Milan
Maicon - 23 - Monaco

Emerson - 29 - Juventus
Gilberto Silva - 28 - Arsenal
Ze Roberto - 30 - Munich
Juninho Pernambucano - 30 - Lyon

Kaka - 23 - Milan
Ronaldinho - 25 - Barcelona
Juliio Baptista - 23 - Madri

Adriano - 23 - Inter
Ronaldo - 28 - Madri
Robinho - 21 - Santos

Hell of a squad, Jesus. What happened there?
Bad coach

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, that’s a big fuck up. But that was followed by defensive fuckups so you can’t blame it all in him.
True.

By Bentacur who was too slow to close his legs or turn, since he has to be off for 20mins by then.

And Bonucci still can't defend in 1on1,but that's nothing new to

- - - Updated - - -

Best post in thread. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

If it was the good ol’ days and superstars weren’t such coddled babies, I’d say Pirlo should put him out of the squad for a few weeks, or even down with the U23s, and tell him to get his headspace sorted, rediscover his passion for the game and working hard as part of a team. Then bring him back and hopefully have him play his way into form for the meat of the season.

But a player with Dybala’s attitude would probably demand a transfer after that sort of tough love treatment so I’m not really sure what can be done with him. His disinterested, piss-poor form and attitude on the pitch is harming the team more than helping right now. He’s supposed to be a guy our attacking play flows through and instead he’s castrating our attacking play constantly. No easy fix. It’s tough to have that right now, when the process of getting him going is taking this long and shall likely cost us more points If he doesn’t just magically find form very soon..
How about we exactly what you say with any player, and if they demand a transfer they can fuck off because that's not the mentality we need?

Imagine when we had a good midfield, years ago.

None of those where like that

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The loss isn’t entirely on him of course... but aside from that boneheaded control and loss of possession, he’s doing this numerous times each appearance. And it’s castrating our attacking play while he is on the pitch. When we try to play through him, which is forced because of how he drops deep to demand the ball, when he’s in this sort of form he disrupts our gameplay massively.

He’s a player who relies on moments of sheer brilliance even when in his best form, sometimes more, sometimes less, which is why we have rarely seen this team regularly cutting incisively through others when playing through Paulo. And when those brilliant moments dry up, we look pretty damn bad with him on the pitch.
Pretty much this.

hed is an instinctive player who relies on his instincts to define plays and score. Thats it. You move him outside the enemy box and he becomes a rich man sturaro.

Seriously, this man canot be around our midfield or even 3/4 of the field, because his brain shuts down

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

What has always bothered me but it looks 1000 times worse when he is in a bad shape is the way he sits deep demanding the ball.

Now, if he had the talent to back that up, the skills to get past 1, 2 players and the vision to make those killer passers, by all means do it! Play a free role and be our creative point going forward. I’d love nothing more BUT he’s not built to be that! As you said it’s castrating our forward plays as he wants to be everywhere and do everything. What was that one match him and Kulu were fighting for the same spot? There was obvious conflict and Kulu ended up having a horrible game as everywhere he was so was Dybala.

And as many have stated everything has to be right for him to shine. Nah man, he’s just too complicated and not worth the money he’s asking.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Its obvious that Juventus has problems with midgets and we should avoid them in the future. Im sure even if we signed Messi back in 2005 he wouldnt have made it here since this jersey weighs too much and midgets cant bare the weight.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think he was the same before the previous renewal, wasn't he?

I thought he's grown up to the point where he'd perform regardless of his contract situation. I mean, he surely asks for some big increase, otherwise he'd already have it done and dusted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 109)