Paulo Dybala (98 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I don't know whether this is true or not but it comes from a reliable journalist at the London Evening Standard:

"It is thought the Italian club [Juventus] have offered Dybala a lump sum to leave, lessening the burden of his £300,000-a-week salary on Spurs, but the additional cost of paying his representatives and untangling his image rights, which are owned by the Malta-based Star Image Company, will add millions of pounds to the deal and negotiations were expected to drag right up to the deadline. "

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-tierney-medical-man-utd-latest-a4208336.html

What do you think of this - is that true, and if so, why are the Board so keen to see Dybala move on ... are there some underlying issues?
What a joke we are going to pay lump-sum to dybala/spurs utterly disgraceful

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Actually, given that the board's intention is hell bent on selling Dybala. Selling him to Tottenham now for 75m makes sense because you have set a limit on his value now.

Lets face it. Dybala is not going to be a starter as it is looking increasingly likely that Higuain is going to stay. Yes Dybala can play as a false 9 but that is not his best position. His best position is redundant in Sarri's rigid system. People talk about Mertens - but remember, Sarri used Mertens as a fake 9 after Higuain left and Milik was still raw and then got injured - thereby forcing that change. I still believe he wants to play a classic number 9 in his system and feels a free role for Ronaldo is the way to go.

Which brings me to the next question. If Higuain stays, is it too much to have Higuain AND Icardi?

If it were up to me, selling Dybala, Mandzukic, Rugani, Matuidi and Khedira to make way for a Pogba level player and an inexpensive young prospect to be Higuain's number 2 is the way to go.

Ronaldo-Higuain-Berna with Cuads, Costa and Berna as wide back ups (with Ronaldo also capable of playing as a CF) is a good enough attack. But I am still not sold on Rabiot-Pjanic-Ramsey midfield especially when we only have Matuidi, Can and Bentancur as the 2nd stringers.

If anything its the midfield which in my view, needs to improve more to get to the next level.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Last season just wasn't Paolo's. Whoever's fault it is. We are having trouble getting rid of Higuain or Mandzukic, now they will sell Dybala. Maybe he isn't on Sarri's list, while Higuain is. Maybe he is cancer in the dressing room.

However, I don't see the big plan here. We get the De Ligt to rejuvenate our defense. Good. We swap Cancelo for Danilo and some cash. Okay. We sell Kean without buyback. Stupid. We get rid of Dybala. Weird.
Now we are left with all our main attackers being over 30. What's next?

Overall we haven't strenghtened our squad, but the objectives stay the same.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
If i told you all a month ago that dybala wouod be sold to spurs for 75m you wouod all laugh at me. Clearly under valued..in fact all sales have been. Why is this consistently happening?
Because we are forcing them out and there is no bidding wars for them. Also Kean had only one year left and he is a back up player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)