Paulo Dybala (113 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
To be fair guys, it is WAY too soon to be judging this mercato. Still several weeks to go. The fact that we are considering the sale of Dybala needs to be taken into context with what we would do overall.

So far - Defense is better (with exception of RB). Midfield is better (but could be still better in my opinion). Attack is same or better. Dybala was not a starter towards the end of last season and wouldn't be under Sarri.

Who knows, maybe Dybala can convince Sarri that he can play well as a fake 9.

I also don't think we NEED to sell Dybala so long as we don't get anyone else (at least not financially). We still need to offload Rugani, Khedira and Mandzukic though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
To be fair guys, it is WAY too soon to be judging this mercato. Still several weeks to go. The fact that we are considering the sale of Dybala needs to be taken into context with what we would do overall.

So far - Defense is better (with exception of RB). Midfield is better (but could be still better in my opinion). Attack is same or better. Dybala was not a starter towards the end of last season and wouldn't be under Sarri.

Who knows, maybe Dybala can convince Sarri that he can play well as a fake 9.

I also don't think we NEED to sell Dybala so long as we don't get anyone else (at least not financially). We still need to offload Rugani, Khedira and Mandzukic though.
So far so good. Kneejerking gonna kneejerk.

Need to sell some of the excess baggage we have though so need to see how that turns out.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Too simplistic a view, IMHO. Where's there's a will there's a way.

The whole situation just seems very unusual. From the Man Utd swap for Lukaku, the image rights, that Juve may have been willing to pay Dybala a lump sum etc, etc.

Something else going on behind the scenes here.
Dybala doesn't want to play in the EPL

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No matter what happens with Dybala... The duo Fab and Nedved fucked up big time this mercato... I haven't been pissed off during any mercato since the sale of Vidal and not replacing him. but this window is levels above any other farts we did in the past. :tdown:
Is the team better than last season, yes or no? The fact is, with the upgrades in midfield and De Ligt and Demiral having joined, the team is better. Cancelo out/Danilo in doesn't hurt us either, as the former's defending was close to atrocious. Danilo is no world beater, but experienced and I think he'll do fine.

Dybala sale? Well, if it happens then he will be replaced.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
People who are happy the deal is off should check their emotions. It seems clear to me the management want to sell him. Not selling him now may mean a lower price later. 75m for Tottenham now could turn into 60m later.
Are you shareholder for Juventus? If not, fuck the profit. We are better equipped as a team if we have someone of Dybalas skill in our squad instead of without.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I'm sure Dybala feels really good about us offering him to every club, telling him he is transfer listed and then not selling him, really going to make him fight for the shirt...

I think we are gonna end up swapping him for Icardi + Cash, maybe thats why Inter went back in on Lukaku, they knew that Icardi was going to be bought by us?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is the team better than last season, yes or no? The fact is, with the upgrades in midfield and De Ligt and Demiral having joined, the team is better. Cancelo out/Danilo in doesn't hurt us either, as the former's defending was close to atrocious. Danilo is no world beater, but experienced and I think he'll do fine.

Dybala sale? Well, if it happens then he will be replaced.
Yep. We signed 3 young studs (@Albertmare) that could be amazing for us with one getting experience on loan. We have decent depth at back. Was a little bummed about Spinazzola but I'll see how Pellegrini does first. Our midfield is definitely better with 2 good freebies. Like i have been saying, the selling the excess players will be important so we aren't carrying more baggage than we need to.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I'm sure Dybala feels really good about us offering him to every club, telling him he is transfer listed and then not selling him, really going to make him fight for the shirt...

I think we are gonna end up swapping him for Icardi + Cash, maybe thats why Inter went back in on Lukaku, they knew that Icardi was going to be bought by us?
Spurs sources are saying this is the reason.

GDM hinting at that also. https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-tottenham-dybala-juventus-news-8-agosto-2019

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
How in hell? We have too many players, too many dead weight who arent going anywhere right now.
If its 1 player than its going to be in the midfield. If we sign 2 players then its going to be midfield and attack. I fully expect at least 2 or even 3 out of Mandzukic, Higuain, Dybala, Khedira and Matuidi to leave.
Plus Perin if he hasnt left already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)