Paulo Dybala (165 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Is the team better than last season, yes or no? The fact is, with the upgrades in midfield and De Ligt and Demiral having joined, the team is better. Cancelo out/Danilo in doesn't hurt us either, as the former's defending was close to atrocious. Danilo is no world beater, but experienced and I think he'll do fine.

Dybala sale? Well, if it happens then he will be replaced.
Of course the team isn't better than last season! The two upgrades in midfield don't guarantee (right now) solving our midfield issues. De Ligt is a necessary upgrade to our aging defence, while Demiral is for the future. Losing Cancelo for Danilo is a huge step down (financially as well) and he was good defensively in the first few months. Selling Joao for a bad half season is a big mistake no matter how you look at it.
Losing two promising players in Spina and Kean for peanuts made the team worse. Pushing Dybala out like we're doing is the ultimate let down the board could ever do. Let's not forget that replacing Max with Sarri is along a decrease in the quality of this team.

In my eyes ...this is so far a bad mercato.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Of course the team isn't better than last season! The two upgrades in midfield don't guarantee (right now) solving our midfield issues. De Ligt is a necessary upgrade to our aging defence, while Demiral is for the future. Losing Cancelo for Danilo is a huge step down (financially as well) and he was good defensively in the first few months. Selling Joao for a bad half season is a big mistake no matter how you look at it.
Losing two promising players in Spina and Kean for peanuts made the team worse. Pushing Dybala out like we're doing is the ultimate let down the board could ever do. Let's not forget that replacing Max with Sarri is along a decrease in the quality of this team.

I don't agree, but I respect your opinion :tup:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Amazing, 2 upgrades in midfield don't guarantee anything, De Ligt big improvement in defense doesn't count, Demiral doesn't count. Only the negatives count and guarantee everything.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010

Wrong wrong wrong.

This team is better than last years and way more balanced.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Where the biggest and most crucial downgrade still remains that coach.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In the last three seasons we had a squad of 24 senior players. Right now we have a squad of 28 senior players, so it's an educated guess that at least 4 will leave.
there's a rule for the 25-man squad: you have 4 homegrown slots, 4 "grown in italy" (association grown) slots, and 17 "free" slots. these are not interchangeable.

kean and spinazzola were listed as homegrown players. they left, no homegrown players arrived, that means that we can only have 22 players registered on either the cl or the serie a list. (in fact rugani counts as a homegrown in serie a, so that leaves us some room.)

we have a surplus of 5/6 players, depending on what list you're looking at.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Amazing, 2 upgrades in midfield don't guarantee anything, De Ligt big improvement in defense doesn't count, Demiral doesn't count. Only the negatives count and guarantee everything.
I won't waste my time arguing with you. read my post again. I did say De Ligt is an upgrade. your lovely two additions in Midfield didn't prove shit yet.
Pushing your most talented player out is a negative. If you have a problem with this, I can't help you. Same with losing your young striker for peanuts :lol:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I won't waste my time arguing with you. read my post again. I did say De Ligt is an upgrade. your lovely two additions in Midfield didn't prove shit yet.
Pushing your most talented player out is a negative. If you have a problem with this, I can't help you. Same with losing your young striker for peanuts :lol:
3 players that improve our starting 11 >>>>>>> losing Cancelo. It should be clear as well that our most talented player is Ronaldo

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
there's a rule for the 25-man squad: you have 4 homegrown slots, 4 "grown in italy" (association grown) slots, and 17 "free" slots. these are not interchangeable.

kean and spinazzola were listed as homegrown players. they left, no homegrown players arrived, that means that we can only have 22 players registered on either the cl or the serie a list. (in fact rugani counts as a homegrown in serie a, so that leaves us some room.)

we have a surplus of 5/6 players, depending on what list you're looking at.
Our third keeper is home grown.
I was under the impression that u21 players don't fill spots on the 17+4+4 lists and can be freely used. Was I wrong?
In our case that opens spots for De Ligt and Pellegrini.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
3 players that improve our starting 11 >>>>>>> losing Cancelo. It should be clear as well that our most talented player is Ronaldo
How do you know that Ramsey and Rabiot will improve our team? One is injury prone and the other wasn't setting the world on fire at PSG!
I fail to see the connection between getting those 3 and selling Cancelo, but whatever.

Finally CR7 is the best player but he's gonna be here 2 years max. the most talented one is Paulo for sure.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How do you know that Ramsey and Rabiot will improve our team? One is injury prone and the other wasn't setting the world on fire at PSG!
I fail to see the connection between getting those 3 and selling Cancelo, but whatever.

Finally CR7 is the best player but he's gonna be here 2 years max. the most talented one is Paulo for sure.
Because I've seen Ramsey and Rabiot, and I've seen Khedira and Matuidi, and it's obvious. How do you know that Danilo is a downgrade from Cancelo or Pellegrini from Spinazzola? :think:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Our third keeper is home grown.
I was under the impression that u21 players don't fill spots on the 17+4+4 lists and can be freely used. Was I wrong?
In our case that opens spots for De Ligt and Pellegrini.
yeah, pinsoglio is the only homegrown left for both lists. that's why we can have 22/23 players on these lists. (rugani is hg for serie a only.)
a friend of mine checked the other day that u21 players can be used on the b-list for the cl in case they spent at least two seasons at the club. so no cl b-list for either of those two guys. i'm not sure about serie a, i have to check that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 154)