Paulo Dybala (73 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Not a good example. Mascherano has proven himself for Argentina. And who is his competition?
He was on bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a good example. Mascherano has proven himself for Argentina. And who is his competition?
Arg started tonight 25 year old Lanzini (west ham midfielder). West ham are fighting relegation this season.
And then he started 21 year old Lo Celso who i dont think starts for PSG regularly.

How have these players proved more than Dybala and Icardi.

And Mascherano point stands. Playing in uncompetitive league like China will affect your form. Going to wc with past glory is exactly the issue we have seen before. Cannavaro 2010 comes to mind. You are not supposed to be picked on past but current form.

The Donkey

Dec 7, 2017
Dybala is not a winger, is not a 10 and is not a 9. He is like Bebeto, Brazilian player wc champion in 1994. If were those times of 4-4-2 Dybala would be fighting for the balon d'or.

He is the second most talented Argentinian in this generation imo, but its hard to fit him and Messi in the same line up.

I suspect he is fighting with Lanzini for a place in the nt. Would not be a surprise if we see Lanzini in the wc. Argentinian coaches use to do this kind of exotic move to prove a point or send a message.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Sampaoli or whatever his name is a joke. His reasoning to exclude both Dybala and Icardi in favour those two nobody does not make any sense.

I don't think Icardi will ever get selected because of his past with Maxi Lopez. He's become rotten in Argentinian federation's eyes.

Dybala...god knows. Maybe he's not argentinian enough? or they don't like that he has Polish/Italian roots?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Dybala not getting selected is better for Juve anyways. He’ll keep trying to impress and put on better performances plus he won’t get hurt. Also, if Argentina win the WC Messi will rightfully get all the credit instead of having Dybala steal some of it.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
funny thing is they don't even need Messi. They can win the WC with Dybala and Icardi. Their problem is they select retarded coaches like this guy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IMO is stupid to not call Icardi because past incidents with Maaxi Lopez. In the end what matters is his football form and he is not going there to make friends or make a social life with anyone. If he is called, and he plays, his teammates should support him on the field at the very least and work as a team.

In Dybala´s case is also alien to me... well.. they have the excuse of him returing from an injury but is not even that good of a excuse..... and them not having a back up to messi , is a great chance to take dybala, at least to have him on the bench just in case the drawf gets injured.

I can undertsand them not knowing where to put dybala in the starting 11 because he is a weird player and is difficult to accomodate him even in juve... but not to take someone of his talents is bollock anyways in my eyes. To a world cup you take the best players at your disposal.. not the more lovely ones.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Strange how we say it is difficult to fit Dybala, he is SS and his performance deserves to build a team around him.
After signing Dybala we began accumulating attacking players that don't fit a formation where Dybala is the strongest, and started dumping players that would have been(were) synergetic to Dybala.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
And rightfully so. Paulo is great and all, but no Messi or Ronaldo or young ADP, so there is no point to pass on a quality player just because he is hypothetically unable to play with Dybala at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)