Paulo Dybala (114 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Again. Look up Dybala's stats.

He has 115 goals in 7 years. This is almost equal to Del Piero. And it holds up if you look at the goal per game ratio too.

I'm not saying Dybala's our greatest ever player. But he does not deserve the ridicule he's getting, because clearly he did something right.

In very much the same way Ale got too much hate back then and is now idolized by the people who insulted him.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Bullshit.

Just in Serie A:

Dybala: 210 Games - 98 goals - 47 assists

Del Piero: 477 games - 188 goals - 109 assists

And that’s neglecting the fact Dybala played most of his Juve career with no real league competition. And then flopped bad once there was competition.

Del Piero tore his ACL at the start of his prime after a 32 goal - 16 assist season (something Dybala never ever came close to) before recovery was guaranteed and never really got his pace and agility back. Changed his game completely. Also ignores the fact DP played hundreds of matches in the disaster Juve sides post-calciopoli.

CL is more accurate here because Dybala got to play in a tinpot Serie A.

Dybala: 53 games - 18 goals- 3 assists

Del Piero: 89 games - 42 goals - 22 assists

It’s not even close here lol

Anyways, Dybala had 4 good seasons here of his 7, and I enjoyed him here. He was a good player, just nowhere near a great one. And his anonymity in CL more often than not is evidence of that.

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Bullshit.

Just in Serie A:

Dybala: 98 goals - 47 assists

Del Piero: 188 goals - 109 assists

And that’s neglecting the fact Dybala played most of his Juve career with no real league competition. And then flopped bad once there was competition.

Del Piero tore his ACL at the start of his prime after a 32 goal - 16 assist season (something Dybala never ever came close to) before recovery was guaranteed and never really got his pace and agility back. Changed his game completely. Also ignores the fact DP played hundreds of matches in the disaster Juve sides post-calciopoli.

CL is more accurate here because Dybala got to play in a tinpot Serie A.

Dybala: 53 games - 18 goals- 3 assists

Del Piero: 89 games - 42 goals - 22 assists

It’s not even close here lol

Anyways, Dybala had 4 good seasons here of his 7, and I enjoyed him here. He was a good player, just nowhere near a great one. And his anonymity in CL more often than not is evidence of that.
Lol you are literally not accounting for the fact Del Piero played for us for twice the amount of time Dybala did?

That's ridiculous.

The rest of your argument makes no sense either. I applaud Del Piero for coming back as well as he did, but injuries are part of the game.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Lol you are literally not accounting for the fact Del Piero played for us for twice the amount of time Dybala did?

That's ridiculous.

The rest of your argument makes no sense either. I applaud Del Piero for coming back as well as he did, but injuries are part of the game.

This raises a question: is Del Piero best ever ACL recoverer?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This raises a question: is Del Piero best ever ACL recoverer?
Yes and no.

Yes, because he had to adapt his game a lot and he managed to do so.

No, because there are also players who come back just as explosive as they were before. Obviously in more recent years this category has grown a lot.

Also in terms of knee injuries I think Baggio and Ronaldo are even more impressive.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

That's ridiculous.

Sorry. I missed number of games. Edited to show that. And you entirely ignore strength of the league then vs Dybala’s time and all the time Del Piero spent in rubbish Juve sides post-calciopoli. Embarrassing posts dude.

But in CL where Dybala actually faced competition how the heck is 89 games double 53 :lol:

Give Dybala 89 CL games and he was on pace for 30 goals - 5 assists.

DP had 42 goals - 22 assists in 89 matches.

It’s not even close. You’re likely trolling, or just dumb I guess. :boh:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Sorry. I missed number of games. Edited to show that. And you entirely ignore strength of the league then vs Dybala’s time and all the time Del Piero spent in rubbish Juve sides post-calciopoli. Embarrassing posts dude.

But in CL where Dybala actually faced competition how the heck is 89 games double 53 :lol:

Yeah Dybala is a nobody internationally.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

But in CL where Dybala actually faced competition how the heck is 89 games double 53

The thing is my original point was never that Dybala was as big a legend as Del Piero. Just that he was a very decent player who did rather well for us. And the numbers back that up entirely.

The hate he's getting is just dumb.

But I agree with him moving on, because he is simply injured way too much. Ale could be forgiven the odd injury because of the impact he also had on a personal level, but Dybala definitely does not have that going on for him. And he does not have the same magic Ale had around him on the pitch either imo.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
All @Seven said was that Del Piero and Dybala had similar stats which is correct. Then again, why argue on a forum that has racists, xenophobes, homophobes, perverts, and a guy that has an avatar of a cat wearing a Nazi uniform?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The thing is my original point was never that Dybala was as big a legend as Del Piero. Just that he was a very decent player who did rather well for us. And the numbers back that up entirely.

The hate he's getting is just dumb.

But I agree with him moving on, because he is simply injured way too much. Ale could be forgiven the odd injury because of the impact he also had on a personal level, but Dybala definitely does not have that going on for him. And he does not have the same magic Ale had around him on the pitch either imo.

He gets hate from just a few members. I said above he’s a good player and had 4 good seasons here. Two of them very good.

Anyways, mostly people laughing at him for being a dumbass and negotiating himself out of the club with stupid wage demands only to discover there is zero market for him and having to go to a second rate club for peanuts. It’s pretty funny and embarrassing. He acted like an entitled turd at the end of his time here around his contract and wanted far more than he ever showed on the pitch. It’s worth a laugh given how it ended.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
All @Seven said was that Del Piero and Dybala had similar stats which is correct. Then again, why argue on a forum that has racists, xenophobes, homophobes, perverts, and a guy that has an avatar of a cat wearing a Nazi uniform?
It's not a cat it's the desert fox.
Go read a book, he is one of the main guys whose methods and knowledge your countries generals have studied in military school so they could keep you safe. His name is Erwin Rommel.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
- I have no allegiance to Dybala, I don't really care.
- I'm no snowflake, only this place is moderated moderately so anything goes.
- Erwin Rommel supported Hitler but supposedly wasn't a Nazi, perhaps a great general but has a significant list of war crimes against innocent civilians. Glad he's your idol.
- This is a forum for fans to debate Juventus. There are good points made but it can descend into this type of shit. Only a racist, xenophobe, homophobe, pervert or Nazi would be offended by my comment because I said nothing bad.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
The Karen's on this forum seem to have synchronized thier menstrual cycle.
Estrogen and pheromone levels at a dangerous high.

The level you illiterate conformists reach is fucking embarrassing really. :rofl:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@JuveE46 didn't your dad Hitler want us all to be conformist? You're a budget Andrew Tate, not a literate non-conformist hero so cut it out.

Dybala left with no fuss, they negotiated but it didn't work. We didn't lose a penny and its not a messy divorce like Ramsey. As a team, we're moving to 4-3-3 but have no LW yet and we need a backup for Vlahovic.

The other thing is that he had a different skillset to Vlahovic so when you play against a bus parking team, you need options. I'd take someone like Insigne and Mertens, you need something better than Morata and Kean. Although I'm expecting more assists, we're assuming that the midfield will be scoring plenty of goals but it's too early to know.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Well that escalated well...

Dybala is wonderful to watch but too inconsistent and can be really poor when he's not up for it. Sadly my strongest memory is that game when he came on and acted like a for year old kid. Then e feeling of always acting out on and off the pitch against the management. That's how I remember him now. Too much drama on and off the pitch. I'll have fond memories of him eventually and I will miss him a bit too. But too get rid of all that drama is also a nice release.

Incredible talent but feels like his body and mentality isn't there to take those final steps for making it big-big. But I do think he will be a huge success in Roma. Feels like a good fit, especially once Mourinho has been kicked out in 1-2 years. Good luck!

Finally, watching the bank at his feet was a privilege. Watching Fagioli gives me that same heartwarming feeling. Dat touch. So I am hoping he will take on the beauty of the game too replace Dybala.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)