Paulo Dybala (132 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Scoring 10-15 goals per season in Serie a back in the 90s when it was the best league in the world, cant be compared to current Dybala's Serie A numbers. Its just nonsensical. Besides Ale had more to his game than Dybala. He was quicker, better dribbler, free kick taker, set pieces in general, assists. I had hopes for Dybala to reach those heights but unfortunately hes more interested in posting videos of grabbing his gf by the pussy on Insta than working on his game. Im grateful to him for all he has done and he was very important player here, but his story at Juve ended prematurely, mostly because of him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The funny part is seven was delpies biggest apologist, dude was always defending him
You misunderstood my point.

I have always been a Del Piero fan. He was my childhood idol. No player will come close for me.

But if you look at the goals per game ratio, they are rather similar. And Del Piero, just like Dybala, was hampered by injuries a lot.

While there are several reasons I rate Del Piero a whole lot more, it's insanity to treat Dybala as a nobody. He has done well at a very difficult club.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
By age 28? Nah just his injury season and the post, dybala is nowhere near Alex.
By age 27 specifically. After his ACL injury he had a season in which he only scored a regular goal on the final day against Parma, the rest of his goals were penalties.

Hell, Avvocato even nicknamed him Godot by that point.

To his credit he did recover.

He had what I'd argue were two full fitness seasons in 2001-2002 and 2002-3. After that he was never an athletic player anymore though. He survived on skill and intelligence.

He had seasons in which it was enough (2006-7 and 2007-8), but really there were also a bunch of seasons during which he was absent for long periods of time and his fitness had much to do with it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
By age 27 specifically. After his ACL injury he had a season in which he only scored a regular goal on the final day against Parma, the rest of his goals were penalties.

Hell, Avvocato even nicknamed him Godot by that point.

To his credit he did recover.

He had what I'd argue were two full fitness seasons in 2001-2002 and 2002-3. After that he was never an athletic player anymore though. He survived on skill and intelligence.

We were talking stats, if you actually talk about performance and intangibles then it's even sillier to compare

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We were talking stats, if you actually talk about performance and intangibles then it's even sillier to compare
I'm telling you, look up Dybala's stats. They are remarkably okay if the standard is Del Piero's stats.

People forget how many chances Del Piero got. Juventus really stuck with him imo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Please, Dybala had like 3 good seasons his entire career. He is not even 29 now and almost no club wants him. Del Piero won a World Cup at 32, and capocannoniere at 33.
And that’s not even mentioning he has was one of the best players in the world before his injury.
Look up his goals per game ratio and compare it to Dybala's. You're in for a shock.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'm curious to see how he'll perform under Mourinho now. Looking at stats from last season, Roma created a good amount of chances more than us, but seemed to be very wasteful. He'll be in a great position to score a lot, I think he'll do it if healthy.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm telling you, look up Dybala's stats. They are remarkably okay if the standard is Del Piero's stats.

People forget how many chances Del Piero got. Juventus really stuck with him imo.
Remarkably ok? What does that even mean :D we did stick with alex and he got plenty of deserved hate, dybala is nowhere near him, not even close stats wise or other wise

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm curious to see how he'll perform under Mourinho now. Looking at stats from last season, Roma created a good amount of chances more than us, but seemed to be very wasteful. He'll be in a great position to score a lot, I think he'll do it if healthy.
I don't think he has it in him to be fit for an entire season.

He will most likely end up with something between 10-15 goals.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Look up his goals per game ratio and compare it to Dybala's. You're in for a shock.

1. Del Piero did far more than just score goals. Paulo’s supposed to be the same, but he has far less of an impact on the game when he isn’t scoring
2. Like I said, Del Piero did it over a 20 year career. Dybala started declining 3-4 years in his Juve career. It’s obviously easier to keep up with good numbers for a short amount of time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Remarkably ok? What does that even mean :D we did stick with alex and he got plenty of deserved hate, dybala is nowhere near him, not even close stats wise or other wise
Again. Look up Dybala's stats.

He has 115 goals in 7 years. This is almost equal to Del Piero. And it holds up if you look at the goal per game ratio too.

I'm not saying Dybala's our greatest ever player. But he does not deserve the ridicule he's getting, because clearly he did something right.

In very much the same way Ale got too much hate back then and is now idolized by the people who insulted him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
1. Del Piero did far more than just score goals. Paulo’s supposed to be the same, but he has far less of an impact on the game when he isn’t scoring
2. Like I said, Del Piero did it over a 20 year career. Dybala started declining 3-4 years in his Juve career. It’s obviously easier to keep up with good numbers for a short amount of time.
That is all very true, but I'm not saying they are equal. I'm merely stating that a lot of people are downplaying Dybala's contribution when the stats say otherwise.

Personally I'm mostly frustrated with the fact that Dybala, who has never had a major injury, seems unwilling to build a stronger body.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Again. Look up Dybala's stats.

He has 115 goals in 7 years. This is almost equal to Del Piero. And it holds up if you look at the goal per game ratio too.

I'm not saying Dybala's our greatest ever player. But he does not deserve the ridicule he's getting, because clearly he did something right.

In very much the same way Ale got too much hate back then and is now idolized by the people who insulted him.

Dybala stats at 28 are mediocre when compared to del pieros, also including his injured season and rookie season is just number fudging.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dybala stats at 28 are mediocre when compared to del pieros, also including his injured season and rookie season is just number fudging.
They're really not. Del Piero had several high scoring seasons in his 30's too. And this is something that's becoming more and more common. Maybe Dybala will score more after 30.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Piero transcends stats. He was something truly special that cant even be articulated properly. You saw him and felt magical. He was more like a movie character. His story was incredibly beautiful both in highs and lows.

His name alone is more beautiful than any of Dybala's goals. Dybala is already half-forgotten.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Del Piero transcends stats. He was something truly special that cant even be articulated properly. You saw him and felt magical. He was more like a movie character. His story was incredibly beautiful both in highs and lows.

Dybala is already half-forgotten.
Yeah it’s 10 years and I still miss him. I’ve already gotten over Dybala’s departure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

His name alone is more beautiful than any of Dybala's goals. Dybala is already half-forgotten.
Like Roberto Baggio?

That other guy with 115 Juve goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)