Paulo Dybala (77 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don’t believe in curses, our teams simply haven’t been good enough to win in Europe. We always have some holes in our squad, unlike Madrid or Bayern who build complete teams from top to bottom.

We are always missing something, either our midfield isn’t good enough or our attack isn’t good enough. We never build a complete team.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Actually, I would argue we didn't improve with the Zidane sale. With Zdane here, we would have probably reached more CL Finals and perhaps won the tournament. The year after he left, Zizou won the CL, scoring one of the greatest goals in CL history. Sure, we continued to dominate Italy, but we only reached one CL final after that.
We did bring in nedved who won won player of the year, thuram whi at the time was one of the best defenders in the world and lastly we brought in the best keeper of all time. So I think that transition of ZZ out and others coming in was still successful. We lost two CL finals with ZZ in the team...so keeping him didn't guarantee a CL.

Nonetheless the pogba sale was a massive failure. Not replacing that pirlo pogba and vidal midfield and opting for the likes of higuain was just plain silly.

We will miss the inform and fit dybala, not the dybala that is constantly injured.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Actually, I would argue we didn't improve with the Zidane sale. With Zdane here, we would have probably reached more CL Finals and perhaps won the tournament. The year after he left, Zizou won the CL, scoring one of the greatest goals in CL history. Sure, we continued to dominate Italy, but we only reached one CL final after that.
I can see the logic. Plus it wasnt Zidane transfer alone that funded all those moves like Thuram, Nedved, Buffon, Salas, there was also Inzaghi and some others leaving. So pick two from above which you think we would have signed regardless of Zidane (probably Buffon and one of Salas/Thuram), is it a better team long term?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can see the logic. Plus it wasnt Zidane transfer alone that funded all those moves like Thuram, Nedved, Buffon, Salas, there was also Inzaghi and some others leaving. So pick two from above which you think we would have signed regardless of Zidane (probably Buffon and one of Salas/Thuram), is it a better team long term?
I love Zidane. He's my favorite player along with Baggio, so I am obviously biased. I appreciate Nedved, but I never had the same love or affinity for him, also because he was not as exciting to watch as a player. He was more direct. Nedved was like a guided missile, but Zidane was magic, something ethereal.

With the benefit of hindsight, I would have signed Buffon and Thuram while retaining the services of Zidane. I would have sold Inzaghi and others to fund such a mercato (I was never a fan of the perennially offside rat faced Inzaghi).

Mar 10, 2009
We did bring in nedved who won won player of the year, thuram whi at the time was one of the best defenders in the world and lastly we brought in the best keeper of all time. So I think that transition of ZZ out and others coming in was still successful. We lost two CL finals with ZZ in the team...so keeping him didn't guarantee a CL.

Nonetheless the pogba sale was a massive failure. Not replacing that pirlo pogba and vidal midfield and opting for the likes of higuain was just plain silly.

We will miss the inform and fit dybala, not the dybala that is constantly injured.
Funny thing is that we used to complain about Matuidi and Khedira. Now these two look world class compared to what we have now...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don’t believe in curses, our teams simply haven’t been good enough to win in Europe. We always have some holes in our squad, unlike Madrid or Bayern who build complete teams from top to bottom.

We are always missing something, either our midfield isn’t good enough or our attack isn’t good enough. We never build a complete team.
I didnt either... before being subjected to Juve in CL :D

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
9/10 threads are filled with arguments about Allegri, this thread is refreshing because the arguments are about Dybala.

Dybala should sack his agent and take whatever contract Juve give him, he won't win a trophy at any other club like Spurs, Assna or Dortmund.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)