Paulo Dybala (119 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Agreed, let's just hope that if Allegri really plans on making him the center piece of Juve, that he finally steps up and gets a confidence boost.

Else this Juve will have problems
He's 28 in the end of the year, so don't you think the previous years weren't enough to be a "centerpiece"? If he was actually good as people claim, he would be it right now or would have been for years already. If you look at the centerpieces of other teams, you have: Messi, Lewandowski, KDB, Salah, Mbappe, Neymar or even Ronaldo. Those are the real centerpieces, the players you build around. Dybala doesn't fit there, and will not - it's just how it is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We better sell him to get the best #9 with the money from his sale

As much as I love Dybala, I think we will play 4-3-3 because that will bring stability in midfield and we are strong in winger
So we better get the best upcoming #9 for future

If we can get around 50M for Dybala, I will put that money straight to Vlahovic
I believe Valhovic will become big and will be significant improvement than Dybala + a significant lower salary

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He doesn't even deserve his current contract the way he's playing right now.

I hope to be wrong ofc, but if we succumb to his demands I can see this haunting us for a long time.
How you can see that and think Dybala is the problem, does he deserves 15m? no way, doesn't deserve current wage? I can think in at least 6 players that are way overpay right now and none of them are from Argentina

serieasalaries.png

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
How you can see that and think Dybala is the problem, does he deserves 15m? no way, doesn't deserve current wage? I can think in at least 6 players that are way overpay right now and none of them are from Argentina

serieasalaries.png
I can say it because it's a fact. Two of his last three seasons were absolutely atrocious. He was up and down with Sarri, his usual inconsistent self.

Idc what other teams are paying their players. Dybala as of right now does not deserve his current contract, let alone 10m plus net.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I can say it because it's a fact. Two of his last three seasons were absolutely atrocious. He was up and down with Sarri, his usual inconsistent self.

Idc what other teams are paying their players. Dybala as of right now does not deserve his current contract, let alone 10m plus net.
I'm talking about Juve: Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, Bonucci, Pole, Berna. Their salary is a problem and that's why it would be so difficult for any of them to earn the same if they leave Juventus. Paulo would get current salary in many different clubs

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I'm talking about Juve: Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, Bonucci, Pole, Berna. Their salary is a problem and that's why it would be so difficult for any of them to earn the same if they leave Juventus. Paulo would get current salary in many different clubs
Them earning an undeserving amount doesn't make Dybala's situation any better.

Also, Dybala probably would get that elsewhere but that also doesn't mean it's a right and good deal based on his performances right now.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I just want allegri to give this team organisation and balance. Dybala is creative...and its what we lacked in his absence. Him being a centre piece in the team fine..but we just need consistent contributors and less reliance on one or two standalone players.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Contrary to popular belief, Allegri and Dybala go together extremely well.

1. Dybala played the best football of his career under Allegri

2. Dybala has scored 78 goals for Allegri, which is more than any other player that Allegri has ever managed.

3. Dybala was the centerpiece of the best team Allegri has ever created (2017 Juventus).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

2. Dybala has scored 78 goals for Allegri, which is more than any other player that Allegri has ever managed.

3. Dybala was the centerpiece of the best team Allegri has ever created (2017 Juventus).
I’ve been saying this for years, while you muppets were all going on about how he’d win balon d’or undee the chainsmoking cancer. He was brilliant for three years under Max, far beyond anything he showed under Sarri. Him and Ronaldo just don’t suit playing together as they occupy similar spaces. Sarri gave them space to each show their brilliance, but it made the team so predictable and awful and easy to shutdown which Max understood

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I really hope we stop this stupid obsession of 'building the team around X player'. This is one of the reasons why the Italian game is behind.

The last three CL winners have shown how having a modern, well balanced team can help you go far in CL. I think it's always been the case tbh, just that the likes of Barca and Madrid won those CL's on the back of two generational players.

Chelsea had a dud upfront, still dint stop them from completely outplaying City. City weren't even playing with an out and out CF leading up to the final. These are the best teams in Europe that we are talking about.

Can we go back to being a 'team' again please? If bringing in a top class holding midfielder means selling Ronaldo and/or Dybala, then so be it.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I really hope we stop this stupid obsession of 'building the team around X player'. This is one of the reasons why the Italian game is behind.

The last three CL winners have shown how having a modern, well balanced team can help you go far in CL. I think it's always been the case tbh, just that the likes of Barca and Madrid won those CL's on the back of two generational players.

Chelsea had a dud upfront, still dint stop them from completely outplaying City. City weren't even playing with an out and out CF leading up to the final. These are the best teams in Europe that we are talking about.

Can we go back to being a 'team' again please? If bringing in a top class holding midfielder means selling Ronaldo and/or Dybala, then so be it.
City have obviously built around KDB 'tho. 'Building around' someone doesn't mean throwing overboard the rest.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Well, they have man but not having Agüero in form (for a while now) has hurt them. They will fix that mistake this summer and if they buy Kane I could see them improving a lot
No they haven't.

De Bruyne started out as a right winger for City, then moved to CM and now he's playing as a false 9. Pep's system is fluid and flexible. His tactics are not catered towards getting the best out of one single player. Just because he's their best player, doesn't mean he is their reference point from a tactical pov. City were dominating teams even when he was injured.

Whereas you look at teams like Juve and Barcelona who have adjusted their setups just get the best out of their superstar players.

Allegri for example had to adjust his tactics when Ronaldo arrived and that resulted in sidelining Dybala. Mandzukic went from playing LW to an out and out CF again.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No they haven't.

De Bruyne started out as a right winger for City, then moved to CM and now he's playing as a false 9. Pep's system is fluid and flexible. His tactics are not catered towards getting the best out of one single player. Just because he's their best player, doesn't mean he is their reference point from a tactical pov. City were dominating teams even when he was injured.

Whereas you look at teams like Juve and Barcelona who have adjusted their setups just get the best out of their superstar players.

Allegri for example had to adjust his tactics when Ronaldo arrived and that resulted in sidelining Dybala. Mandzukic went from playing LW to an out and out CF again.
He's been a false 9 out of necessity, not as their wish...

Not sure what you're trying to point at as difference here but every team evolves.
We never used Ronnie the way he actually wishes, we have never 'built around him'. The team was simply broken.
The team that was actually built around Dybala in a 4-2-3-1 was our best in this decade... I'd be happy to see that again.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Are you taking the piss?

Are you seriously lecturing someone on Allegri and Dybala when you shat on Max for years because 'he held your boy back'? GTFOH

And no - 14/15 team was miles ahead of 16/17.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I’ve been saying this for years, while you muppets were all going on about how he’d win balon d’or undee the chainsmoking cancer. He was brilliant for three years under Max, far beyond anything he showed under Sarri. Him and Ronaldo just don’t suit playing together as they occupy similar spaces. Sarri gave them space to each show their brilliance, but it made the team so predictable and awful and easy to shutdown which Max understood
I agree and it's one of the reasons why buying Ronaldo didn't make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)