Paulo Dybala (99 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 23, 2011
Might not be a popular opinion tonight, but I dont blame him for taking that shot. Ronaldo wasnt that open considering how quickly radu(if I am not mistaken?) Was closing in on him. It wouldn't have been an empty tap in and Ronaldo wasn't even facing the goal directly; Dybala might have been even better positioned to take shot. Despite it being a big miss that a striker of his caliber should make 10/10, blaming him on the loss based on the only chance we had in the 2nd half, which was even gifted by Lazio, is just plain out ridiculous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Funny you say that Dybala has to always be looking to setup CR7 when CR7 blows guilt edged chances far more often then Dybala.
I know but in a open play like that, if u have CR7 on your side, you HAVE to do it. Sadly but true, ask Benzema. RM won 4 UCL doing that and I know CR7 may have struggling a lot right now and even maybe is in the declining curve but still, u have to try it

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know but in a open play like that, if u have CR7 on your side, you HAVE to do it. Sadly but true, ask Benzema. RM won 4 UCL doing that and I know CR7 may have struggling a lot right now and even maybe is in the declining curve but still, u have to try it
I disagree. If a striker's finishing is as good as Dybala's you let him shoot. He's not going to score every chance.

But hey don't discount that seemingly simple square balls don't always work out either. Just as strikers miss guilt edged 1 on 1 chances when under pressure they also miss or underhit/ overhit what should be extremely simple passes to a partner. CR7 also blasts easy chances frequently. He's done it numerous times in a Juve shirt too.

I stand by my point. Yea it sucks we lost but I have no issue with Dybala shooting there and i don't see his miss tonight as an indictment against him when he scores it 95% of the time.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
I do think he should’ve passed that and it was super dumb that he didn’t. But the funny thing is I think he WOULD have passed it if he was certain of a starting 11 spot. I think he fells he must score a goal or produce something special every game just to be sure he starts the next one.

Ronaldo is not going to be benched. It’s either him or Higuain, and Higgy is in the same top form as he is. So one meh game and either one of them is hitting the bench.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don’t blame him for taking that shot, I would have too. That shot in the first half was a FIFA level shot. LOL and the bend in that corner

Sarri needs to man the fuck up and play Ronaldo Higs and Dybala together.

anyone else notice that it was Dybala dropping into midfield to get the ball almost crowding Bernie out of anything?

what is bernies point exactly?
Bernie is a mid in that setup, if you play Dybala, Ronaldo and Higgy together, Paulo is pushed to mid. Which in the long term means the return of last seasons Paolo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bernie is a mid in that setup, if you play Dybala, Ronaldo and Higgy together, Paulo is pushed to mid. Which in the long term means the return of last seasons Paolo.
But Dybala was dropping further back in midfield to get the ball than Bernie was. It's almost like that's his only option if he wants the ball. That's why I'm saying try Goat, Higs and Dybs together, it can't be worse for Dybala than having Bernie next to him.

Higuain can hold the ball better than anyone in this team, that right away helps our possession and immediately ties up a defender or two because no one wants him to turn and have a shot around the box. It really adds risk to the defense of the other team. Guarantee you that opposition defense knows all they need to do is pressure Bernie and he will either fuck up or pass it back.

You mention last season Dybala...you saw his movement yesterday very similar to last season. I don't see how we could possibly be worse with Bernie out. You'd essentially be substituting an awkward gangly misfit with a much more technical threatening player (Higuain). And Higuain is no slouch either, he works quite a bit when he needs to. Sub him out for Bernie when he becomes gassed.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at Dybala's & Bernie's heat map. They both nearly covered the same ground in midfield. It's crazy.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415836/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Lazio-Juventus

Dybala is literally thirsting for the ball. He ain't getting it with Bernie there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But Dybala was dropping further back in midfield to get the ball than Bernie was. It's almost like that's his only option if he wants the ball. That's why I'm saying try Goat, Higs and Dybs together, it can't be worse for Dybala than having Bernie next to him.

Higuain can hold the ball better than anyone in this team, that right away helps our possession and immediately ties up a defender or two because no one wants him to turn and have a shot around the box. It really adds risk to the defense of the other team. Guarantee you that opposition defense knows all they need to do is pressure Bernie and he will either fuck up or pass it back.

You mention last season Dybala...you saw his movement yesterday very similar to last season. I don't see how we could possibly be worse with Bernie out. You'd essentially be substituting an awkward gangly misfit with a much more technical threatening player (Higuain). And Higuain is no slouch either, he works quite a bit when he needs to. Sub him out for Bernie when he becomes gassed.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at Dybala's & Bernie's heat map. They both nearly covered the same ground in midfield. It's crazy.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1415836/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020-Lazio-Juventus

Dybala is literally thirsting for the ball. He ain't getting it with Bernie there.

That is some damn fine analysis, Cam. Damn fine analysis.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

My only real issue with playing them all at the same time is that we then have no replacement option on the bench for the two up front. Knowing our injury history, this could get very problematic very quickly.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Trust me I hate it just as much but thats extremely short sided to move our most in form scorer away from goal while waiting on a few players to come back from injury. Also we have no rotation for the front 3 at that point
its really something amazing how this squad feels so paper thin at every single position (other than CB and GK) while somehow, simultaneously, is alienating players because there are too many for the CL list.

Its really just amazing. How did we accomplish this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 67)