Paulo Dybala (154 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Pratici's idea is to sell abroad and then sit on the cash waiting for the right moment to sign Icardi.

At the moment Sarri has CR7 and Higuain so he has the players to work with and both will be starters here, no doubt about that. Dybala, if he stays he'll have to accept being a rotational player until he proves everyone wrong and fights it through to the starting 11, which could happen only by beating Higuain to it. So for that reason I think Dybala is not deemed crucial at all and it seems either the club or Sarri himself would prefer to have Icardi who is a classic #9.

Mandzukic is obviosuly out of the game, he's waiting to be sold.
Nailed it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
https://www.football-italia.net/141803/tottenham-dybala-race-against-time

Rumors that the legal battle on Dybala's image rights being valued at around 40m. That might be why we're asking 70-80m for him. If he loses the legal battle, the club that holds his contract could be asked to pay 40m for his image rights to the firm that currently holds them. IF he loses the legal battle. I'm sure that's devaluing him quite a bit.
why should the club be stuck with that fee? it should be dybala himself

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You can be sure we ain't getting any discount for Icardi. We'll pay big bucks for him. I know it doesn't make sense but it doesn't matter it seems with Paratici.
Why the drama? Paratici is getting a lot of bashing lately because he made an unpopular swap for an under performing wing back who isn't even a fullback?

I'll tell you one thing: If Paratici manages to sign Icardi for 50m and sell Dybala for 70m, he'll be a happy man because he'll have the player he and/or the coach wants and he'll sell the other who is surplus to requirements while making cash in the process.
I understand the disappointment though. I also think that Icardi is a rat while Dybala could have been a legend here.
Juve have been swapping players for years now, nobody is untouchable in this club. It sucks but it is what it is.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Is that true he asking for $300K weekly? How do you not leave if Tott gives him that when Juve seems to not want him. Watch #10 star for the Spurs and Juve falters and fans say we could have had both these two. :sergio:

1565198077738.png

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Why the drama? Paratici is getting a lot of bashing lately because he made an unpopular swap for an under performing wing back who isn't even a fullback?

I'll tell you one thing: If Paratici manages to sign Icardi for 50m and sell Dybala for 70m, he'll be a happy man because he'll have the player he and/or the coach wants and he'll sell the other who is surplus to requirements while making cash in the process.
I understand the disappointment though. I also think that Icardi is a rat while Dybala could have been a legend here.
Juve have been swapping players for years now, nobody is untouchable in this club. It sucks but it is what it is.
first Spinazzola gone for 29m but with Pellegrini 18years old kid on loan to Cagliari from Roma valued 21m.
So sold Spinazzola for 7m.

Then sold Cancelo for Danilo +28m valuing Danilo which has been nothing for the past 4 years 32m at 28years old when he has been paid 30m years ago and very unlikely to have and increase of value.

Then Kean 19years old some goals (7) as sub for Juventus. Great prospect and future sold for 30m witthout bonus.
When Osmanè Dembelè 1year at Dortmund 49caps 10goals for 150m

We suck at selling and accepting some offers we look disperate to do so....

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Have you followed Dybala before Juventus? The only position he played in his whole career before Juventus was CF.
It doesn't matter if he was CF, he never was a succesful one. I remember him scoring something +10 goals with Palermo and if he came in here 2015, he was 21yr season before, the season Icardi for example scored 22 at same age. SO, yes you can put him as a CF but he doesn't have the qualities to be a one, so he has his preferred position on that false 9 role, which is understandable. Just like with Messi, he prefers false 9 because the lack of qualities for CF, exactly same type of player Dybala is, just atleast twice as good.

I want an actual striker who can play CF, who has the qualities, who still can contribute as a CF role because Dybala isn't capable of doing so. false 9, out of the question, we would still need a main striker for Ronaldo, so it would mean Ronaldo on the left, X striker as a CF, DC/Berna on the right, then Dybala as a false 9 so we would have 2 man middlefield which is ab-so-lu-te-ly out of the question, so that's it.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
why should the club be stuck with that fee? it should be dybala himself
Why the club who will be obliged to pay if he loses the image rights battle? Is it Dybala who change his agent?
The article says that the holder of the images rights is being discussed (I'd assume his club would be interested in holding his image rights) and I remember reading that some journalists have said that Dybala's party COULD possibly request the club to make the payment to effectively purchase the image rights as he doesn't have the funds to make a 40m payment.

Especially in the PL where clubs like to own the player's image rights, they seem to be taking into account a possible 40m payment in the future to this other agency and it sounds like they are using that possibility as leverage to lower his valuation.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It doesn't matter if he was CF, he never was a succesful one. I remember him scoring something +10 goals with Palermo and if he came in here 2015, he was 21yr season before, the season Icardi for example scored 22 at same age. SO, yes you can put him as a CF but he doesn't have the qualities to be a one, so he has his preferred position on that false 9 role, which is understandable. Just like with Messi, he prefers false 9 because the lack of qualities for CF, exactly same type of player Dybala is, just atleast twice as good.

I want an actual striker who can play CF, who has the qualities, who still can contribute as a CF role because Dybala isn't capable of doing so. false 9, out of the question, we would still need a main striker for Ronaldo, so it would mean Ronaldo on the left, X striker as a CF, DC/Berna on the right, then Dybala as a false 9 so we would have 2 man middlefield which is ab-so-lu-te-ly out of the question, so that's it.
Well we bought him based on his performance as a CF. So obviously there was some success in that position. I don't see him as a false 9 because he has no ability or instincts to make key passes.

It seems the first criteria to be a false 9 on this forum is that you are small. If you are small, you are a false 9, even though you can't pass or control balls in midfield for shit. Dybala's only skill is shooting the ball in the net and basically nothing else.

But your overall point is logical and that is Dybala is not good enough as a CF for Juventus. And to that question we will never have the complete answer, only guesses. And so we will sell him at a cut price.

And perhaps we'll still be better off. If there was a great #9 sitting there on the market, I would sell Dybala immediately and buy that guy.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
first Spinazzola gone for 29m but with Pellegrini 18years old kid on loan to Cagliari from Roma valued 21m.
So sold Spinazzola for 7m.

Then sold Cancelo for Danilo +28m valuing Danilo which has been nothing for the past 4 years 32m at 28years old when he has been paid 30m years ago and very unlikely to have and increase of value.

Then Kean 19years old some goals (7) as sub for Juventus. Great prospect and future sold for 30m witthout bonus.
When Osmanè Dembelè 1year at Dortmund 49caps 10goals for 150m

We suck at selling and accepting some offers we look disperate to do so....
Finally I can agree with u on something

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But your overall point is logical and that is Dybala is not good enough as a CF for Juventus. And to that question we will never have the complete answer, only guesses. And so we will sell him at a cut price.
Based on his first 3 seasons, I would argue he is good enough.
Hell, he was pretty much a perfect fit for the team during that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)