Paulo Dybala (258 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You're basically saying selling a car to a dog for 10€ is a good sale because the car didn't perform for the dog
You're coming to this conclusion, taking the sentence out of context. If I thought that way then I'd have included the Pogba sale in this group, but I put that sale among our two biggest regrets, despite Pogba not performing for ManU.
The players you're quoting from my post didn't start underperforming because they left Juve, but the time has come for them to start underperforming. It would have happened even if they stayed here. That's why we don't really regret making those sales. In Diego's case, he was still young, but the mistake was done when we bought him and expected miracles from him. He wasn't that good and it showed both in Juve and later. So... it wasn't that much about who we replaced these players with.
Vidal's case can be questioned and I admit he doesn't really belong in that group, but he too showed signs of underperforming even before we sold him.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
BBC Sports

Just a wee update regarding Christian Eriksen's situation.
It seems the Tottenham midfielder has his heart set on "a new challenge abroad" and hasn't restricted himself to La Liga.
So could he end up in Italy?

Manchester United have closed their Dybala file and speculation has again reared its head that a last minute scambio is entirely possible.

24 hours 27 minutes to the English Transfer Window slamming shut.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
And if we play him another year out of position. Remember he works best as a ss not a false 9. If he doesn't come through on that position don't we lose more value on him?
I wish we would have really tried him as a 9 in the year before we signed Ronaldo. I don't know what the board expected. Ronaldo played his whole career beside a traditional 9 so why don't you try Dybala in that position for 5 meaningless Serie A games, see how he does, then when you sign Ronaldo, you have your answer and you can keep or sell Dybala. Because there is no SS position with Ronaldo in your team.

Now everything is too late.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
https://www.football-italia.net/141803/tottenham-dybala-race-against-time

Rumors that the legal battle on Dybala's image rights being valued at around 40m. That might be why we're asking 70-80m for him. If he loses the legal battle, the club that holds his contract could be asked to pay 40m for his image rights to the firm that currently holds them. IF he loses the legal battle. I'm sure that's devaluing him quite a bit.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I hate the fact that he's obviously going to Inter because of us being so desperate. Which makes Inter have both Dybala and a decent striker in Lukaku.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I wish we would have really tried him as a 9 in the year before we signed Ronaldo. I don't know what the board expected. Ronaldo played his whole career beside a traditional 9 so why don't you try Dybala in that position for 5 meaningless Serie A games, see how he does, then when you sign Ronaldo, you have your answer and you can keep or sell Dybala. Because there is no SS position with Ronaldo in your team.

Now everything is too late.
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, Dybala isn't CF, he isn't build like CF, he doesn't have any qualities to be a CF and will never be a CF. He's soft, he's slow, he ain't good in the air etc and i could go on. He cannot be a winger either, just because the reasons above. He possibly could have been a good AM if he had the stamina and speed but if you don't have it, it's out of the question as well.

If you seriously can't compete with 34yr Ronaldo, then you seriously need to shove that "potential" down to toilet and accept the fact that your potential isn't for being the best player in the world, it's for being better than average and that's what Dybala is.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, Dybala isn't CF, he isn't build like CF, he doesn't have any qualities to be a CF and will never be a CF. He's soft, he's slow, he ain't good in the air etc and i could go on. He cannot be a winger either, just because the reasons above. He possibly could have been a good AM if he had the stamina and speed but if you don't have it, it's out of the question as well.

If you seriously can't compete with 34yr Ronaldo, then you seriously need to shove that "potential" down to toilet and accept the fact that your potential isn't for being the best player in the world, it's for being better than average and that's what Dybala is.
Have you followed Dybala before Juventus? The only position he played in his whole career before Juventus was CF.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I hate the fact that he's obviously going to Inter because of us being so desperate. Which makes Inter have both Dybala and a decent striker in Lukaku.
I think Pratici's idea is to sell abroad and then sit on the cash waiting for the right moment to sign Icardi.

At the moment Sarri has CR7 and Higuain so he has the players to work with and both will be starters here, no doubt about that. Dybala, if he stays he'll have to accept being a rotational player until he proves everyone wrong and fights it through to the starting 11, which could happen only by beating Higuain to it. So for that reason I think Dybala is not deemed crucial at all and it seems either the club or Sarri himself would prefer to have Icardi who is a classic #9.

Mandzukic is obviosuly out of the game, he's waiting to be sold.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

why does arnold only attract the dimmest of imbeciles

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
https://www.football-italia.net/141803/tottenham-dybala-race-against-time

Rumors that the legal battle on Dybala's image rights being valued at around 40m. That might be why we're asking 70-80m for him. If he loses the legal battle, the club that holds his contract could be asked to pay 40m for his image rights to the firm that currently holds them. IF he loses the legal battle. I'm sure that's devaluing him quite a bit.
Why the club who will be obliged to pay if he loses the image rights battle? Is it Dybala who change his agent?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think Pratici's idea is to sell abroad and then sit on the cash waiting for the right moment to sign Icardi.

At the moment Sarri has CR7 and Higuain so he has the players to work with and both will be starters here, no doubt about that. Dybala, if he stays he'll have to accept being a rotational player until he proves everyone wrong and fights it through to the starting 11, which could happen only by beating Higuain to it. So for that reason I think Dybala is not deemed crucial at all and it seems either the club or Sarri himself would prefer to have Icardi who is a classic #9.

Mandzukic is obviosuly out of the game, he's waiting to be sold.
You can be sure we ain't getting any discount for Icardi. We'll pay big bucks for him. I know it doesn't make sense but it doesn't matter it seems with Paratici.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 235)