Paul Pogba (54 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Truly what a sad end, bizzarre career. I'll never forget how amazing he was in that first stint. Could've been anything.

He knew his body was finished and got desperate.
He really was incredible wasn't he?

The way he walked into our squad and was immediately our star player was gobsmacking. Somewhere along the way he decided to take his foot off the pedal a little and enjoy life a little more instead of focusing on his game.

I can't say it was a bad call necessarily, I don't blame him for deciding that tbh. He shouldn't have signed contracts like that though if he knew he wasn't going to deliver but again that's not really his fault its employers being silly. I feel like a part of him did want to come back here and perform at a high level once more, but his immaturity won out and he made some terrible medical decisions.

He did win a world cup, but he could have won a couple of Ballons D'Or if he'd wanted it.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

The way he walked into our squad and was immediately our star player was gobsmacking. Somewhere along the way he decided to take his foot off the pedal a little and enjoy life a little more instead of focusing on his game.

I can't say it was a bad call necessarily, I don't blame him for deciding that tbh. He shouldn't have signed contracts like that though if he knew he wasn't going to deliver but again that's not really his fault its employers being silly. I feel like a part of him did want to come back here and perform at a high level once more, but his immaturity won out and he made some terrible medical decisions.

He did win a world cup, but he could have won a couple of Ballons D'Or if he'd wanted it.
I think the last part is the really sad part. Could have been legendary.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He came here with growth decree advantage. With him only play here less than 2 years, the advantage is nullified and we should pay the rest of reguler tax for 14/15 month since he came. In my calculation it's not more than 7m tough. We still save more than 20m
Shit, good catch, I didnt realise that, this means that the cost of terminating him now or end of this season is more or less the same

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

His personal life and mental health fell apart. I think what he went through is different than what happens when athletes give in to hedonism

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Bit of a stretch..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I just hope that whatever happens, helps us to terminate his contract
that's a given once he's banned. it's all about the intentions of the club. atalanta suspended palomino and didn't let him train, his salary was reduced to the minimum wage, but they didn't fire him. then palomino won his appeal and now they have an extra player if they have a slot for him

also multiple journalists report that the substance wasn't even testosterone but something more common (dhea, growth hormone, dunno anything about it), so pogba might play the contamination card to reduce the ban. we can still fire him once he gets banned. he's already out of the squad and can't enter the club's facilities.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Bit of a stretch..
We'll never know, I guess. But if we look at his development in his first couple of years here and extrapolate over ten years, he was on course to be one of the best players in the world. Maybe with the Ballon dor being constantly rigged in favour of Messi he wouldn't have won, but he should have deserved a few if he'd kept his head

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We'll never know, I guess. But if we look at his development in his first couple of years here and extrapolate over ten years, he was on course to be one of the best players in the world. Maybe with the Ballon dor being constantly rigged in favour of Messi he wouldn't have won, but he should have deserved a few if he'd kept his head
yeah, talent wise pogba is ~second to none as far as i can remember, he had absolute elite capabilities. shooting, vision, passing, physicality, he had it all. midfielders don't really get better than in-form paul pogba. it's the mentality that separate ronaldo from top talents like quaresma, and nedved from pogba

pogba had it all besides professional attitude. he was just too dumb and childish to fulfill his potential. balotelli, cassano comparisons do make sense a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)