Paul Pogba (54 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juventus from 2012-2016:
4 x Serie A
2 x Coppa Italia
1 x UCL Final

Juventus from 2016-2020:
4 x Serie A
2 x Coppa Italia
1 x UCL Final

Funny how Pogba and Pjanic basically achieved the exact same thing, their Juve careers almost mirror each other.
Serie A would have been ours in every scenario..
CI - Who cares
UCL final - I didnt say the only season in which we were decent was the year with Pogba. In 2017 we had a much better team on paper but we clearly had the better midfield when Pogba played

- - - Updated - - -

Like @Nedved96 said, Pogba and Pjanic won the same number of trophies at Juve.
Also, for his first 3 years, Pogba had Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio (also there for the fourth season) to help him play a free role.
Pjanic had to play multiple roles within the midfield, and did it brilliantly for the first 2.5 seasons.
Pogba has regressed a lot in the last 2-3 years, maybe he'll rediscover his form at Juve, but I wouldn't break the bank to sign him.
We dont need to..

- - - Updated - - -

The case for Pogba, with us he want to prove himself. So we get a player with talent to grow with that great hunger to prove what he can do

Once he win WC especially, he is not that type of player with that hunger anymore. And we are doing great offload him for that kind of money
I guess we will find that out when he gets his new adventure here or somewhere else..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's inevitable he'll sign for Madrid considering ZZ likes him and he shines again once he is partnered with word class midfielders around him. Paul just needs a world class DM in a midfield for it to really work.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
UCL final - I didn't say the only season in which we were decent was the year with Pogba. In 2017 we had a much better team on paper but we clearly had the better midfield when Pogba played
Pogba played with Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo. Pjanic had to play with Khedira and Matuidi.

Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini and Bonucci were also better and younger from 2012-2016 than they were from 2016-2020.

It amazes me how disrespected Pjanic is compared to Pogba. Pjanic achieved everything Pogba did for Juve, and did so while playing for Juve sides that were (on paper) not as strong.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
i don't want his lazy unmotivated ass back at all, and a bosman with raiola is still very expensive, but at least it would be fun to laugh at manure
Tbh, I am pretty sure that this is exactly what's going to happen. And it's a good move for all parties involved. Pogba gets accountability and structure, we get a still decent player for almost free, and manu fans get shit because thats what they deserve.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pogba played with Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo. Pjanic had to play with Khedira and Matuidi.

Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini and Bonucci were also better and younger from 2012-2016 than they were from 2016-2020.

It amazes me how disrespected Pjanic is compared to Pogba. Pjanic achieved everything Pogba did for Juve, and did so while playing for Juve sides that were (on paper) not as strong.
On a team level - Yeah since the only difference is to win the CL which neither one had.

On a personal level - Pogba was surrounded by great midfielders in 2015 but what happened in 2016?
Vidal left and Pirlo (cant remember - Either retired or way below his prime)

Pogba got the responsibility of carrying the team through midfield and he sucked at first but then adapted amazingly. He definitely carried our midfield that year.
As for Khedira - 2016 and 2017 Khedira were about the same - His true fall started in 2018
Matuidi - He had a good first year actually but started really being a headless chicken later.

What I mean in the end - Pogba had a test of carrying our midfield in 2016 and he succeeded in a great way.
Pjanic got that responsibility and he lasted for almost a full year before showing he cant carry everything on himself.
Im not saying Pjanic wasnt a great player as he definitely has been a great player but if I isolate Pjanic and Pogba from the team and talk about what each one did in terms of tasks on the field - I can definitely say Pogba was much more impressive as he drove our team forward had the strength to hustle and had some nice presence in the air.

In fact Pogba was so amazing Man Utd didnt let go their will to sign him.

All this being said is not in order to disrespect Pjanic but to show just how good Pogba was and he was a monster!

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Still not sure whether I want him to come back and succeed or stay there and burn. :boh:
I say, stay away as far as possible. Dude has been a joke for a while now yet comes out and openly talks about Real Madrid while his current level is some midtable club at best. He's not even a protagonist of this MU and they're pretty bad.

Fuck him and his salary demands + all the antics. He looks disinterested to me, I'd avoid such players like plague. Sure, he'd been fantastic here before going to MU but clinging to the past serves nobody. Spent the cash on much cheaper Aouar or Castrovilli type of players.

I'll happily see him renew with MU or go somewhere else but here. Maybe he can get back to his level, maybe not - I don't care. No more betting on declining players please. It's too difficult to get out of such deals if things don't work out.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I say, stay away as far as possible. Dude has been a joke for a while now yet comes out and openly talks about Real Madrid while his current level is some midtable club at best. He's not even a protagonist of this MU and they're pretty bad.

Fuck him and his salary demands + all the antics. He looks disinterested to me, I'd avoid such players like plague. Sure, he'd been fantastic here before going to MU but clinging to the past serves nobody. Spent the cash on much cheaper Aouar or Castrovilli type of players.

I'll happily see him renew with MU or go somewhere else but here. Maybe he can get back to his level, maybe not - I don't care. No more betting on declining players please. It's too difficult to get out of such deals if things don't work out.
Damn I love Pogs and this is a reasonable take.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I used to love this guy .. but now he seems like totally different player!

I would welcome him for free (Raiola tax included) , but i we have to pay transfer fee I would rather have Aouar for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)