Paul Pogba (52 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Pogba was on such a nice trajectory, got the #10, and then decided to go to a club that was in complete flux not even in the champions league. It’s incredible how bad that move was for his career. His contract ends next year so why hasn’t he left yet? Tell United you’re not going to resign and leave for peanuts. If manure is too stubborn to sell, then they’re just stupid. We saw those 30 seconds of Pogba in social media. He doesn’t want to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yes, his game experienced year on year growth and improvement with us. I would have loved for him to be with us during our run to CL final in ‘07 and how he would fit in that double pivot we had at midfield.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This dude is a prime example of how a bad transfer can fuck your career up. As a star, never ever go to a rebuilding team. Always go to a team that is winning. The only logical next step for him after us would have been Real Madrid.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He's free next summer though. Last time I checked his contract ends in 2021.
Would make absolutely zero sense for them not to sell now if that’s the case.. tbf i’m more inclined to believe UTD might have the option of extending for another year otherwise again it would be extremely bad business from them.

- - - Updated - - -

But then again it’s also Raiola involved here so it could very well be all planned out for a bigger sign on fee, agent comission + higher wages for the player if he becomes a free agent next summer. :lol: that’d be epic lol

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
This dude is a prime example of how a bad transfer can fuck your career up. As a star, never ever go to a rebuilding team. Always go to a team that is winning. The only logical next step for him after us would have been Real Madrid.
"First never follow" that was the slogan for his transfer he really thought he was moving to a better club and it came back to haunt him so bad.

Last edited:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Do you think he even cares? Instagram likes, some dabs and his life is complete.
Why bother winning trophies and actually putting an effort?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • He earns top $
  • WC winner
  • Will move to another big club once his current deal is up for more coins
He'll be fine

And so will :J:as we are now 4 years removed from his departure

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Do you think he even cares? Instagram likes, some dabs and his life is complete.
Why bother winning trophies and actually putting an effort?
Exactly, he was so tempted by the likes and social media hype. Who the hell throws their career away like he did for a project? He went from being seen as the brightest midfield star in the world to being criticized constantly.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Would make absolutely zero sense for them not to sell now if that’s the case.. tbf i’m more inclined to believe UTD might have the option of extending for another year otherwise again it would be extremely bad business from them.

- - - Updated - - -

But then again it’s also Raiola involved here so it could very well be all planned out for a bigger sign on fee, agent comission + higher wages for the player if he becomes a free agent next summer. :lol: that’d be epic lol
Yes, very strange. I just checked and they actually have an option to extend for one more year, but does the player have a say in it? Like can Pogba just refuse the extra year option or is it the club decision only? I have no idea.

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
Would you guys take him back? Lets say free transfer in summer 2022, huge wage + Raiola's commision.

I'd say sure in a heartbeat two years ago, not so much now honestly. Watching Manure fairly regulary (schadenfraude) I only see a shadow of the player Pogba was. Dynamic, brilliantly skilled and exciting to watch mezzala turned into lazy wannabe regista, except he's not that great at playmaking. No hunger, no workrate, no technical brilliance.

Obviously the "talent" he plays with at Manure hinders him, so does the clueless manager, but the attitude is just awful. They paid a world record fee for Pogba at the time, he's on 300k/w on something but Pogba doesn't give a shit about the club obviously. I'd be furious if I were a Manure fan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
yep, ManU literally have zero players to lead by example. Bunch of overpayed and overrated English players, and several overpayed international stars.
Their captain is an 80 million pound footballing Neanderthal who makes Bonucci look world class, while their backup striker struggled to score 10 goals in China. I'm sure he's thrilled to be there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Their captain is an 80 million pound footballing Neanderthal who makes Bonucci look world class, while their backup striker struggled to score 10 goals in China. I'm sure he's thrilled to be there.
He chose to force his way out to go there, to play under a has-been defensive manager like Mourinho... and to spend his time clowning around with Lindgard and others on social media. He doesn’t really have anyone to blame but himself. For free, or super cheap, I’d be fine with him coming back, but definitely not for any substantial fee and not on the massive wages he’ll want.

Regista_21

Sep 20, 2020
While I agree that Manure squad is trash, does it excuse Pogba's lack of commitment and interest? They even gave him captain's armband for a while, he had no response on the pitch. I'd take 2013-2015 Paul ahead of any current midfielder, even De Bruyne. 2020 Paul, from what I see, is a problematic primadona with more interest in his brand than his football.

Sure, the senators at Juve could sort him out... or maybe not. I wouldn't take the gamble honestly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He chose to force his way out to go there, to play under a has-been defensive manager like Mourinho... and to spend his time clowning around with Lindgard and others on social media. He doesn’t really have anyone to blame but himself. For free, or super cheap, I’d be fine with him coming back, but definitely not for any substantial fee and not on the massive wages he’ll want.
While I agree that Manure squad is trash, does it excuse Pogba's lack of commitment and interest? They even gave him captain's armband for a while, he had no response on the pitch. I'd take 2013-2015 Paul ahead of any current midfielder, even De Bruyne. 2020 Paul, from what I see, is a problematic primadona with more interest in his brand than his football.

Sure, the senators at Juve could sort him out... or maybe not. I wouldn't take the gamble honestly.
It's hard to say what exactly happened with Pogba at United, and I fully understand how folks aren't happy with his antics, but that side has been a disaster from top to bottom for years, so it's difficult to pin it all on Pogba. He was good for us, good for France, so I see no reason to say he's a hopeless case now.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
The story of English footballers in generel imo, even historically
looks like it, though sometimes they are not, but still can't win shit. Like Scholes-Lampard-Gerrard is an amazing trio + Beckham and Owen Hargreaves, how you not even competing internationally with such a midfield is a mystery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)