Paul Pogba (37 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Skipping on Tonali might be the stupidiest thing we can do
Tonali is definitely a special player. He's shown a lot more than all the other serie A midfield prospects of the past few years - Barella, Kessie, Gagliardini etc. He will become a top player, no doubt.

Is this an argument about Tonali vs Pogba? Would rather spend the extra 100M on Pogba. We forget just how good he can be. Manure are a complete farce of a footballing organisation. Had he not gone there, we'd be recognizing him as the best midfielder of the current generation. Besides, I think Tonali plays as a regista, no? We desperately need another box-to-box who can make things happen going forward.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think we can afford and will probably need both Pogba and Tonali.

Matuidi isn't getting any younger, Khedira is on his last legs and will/should probably leave; I also feel that two of Can, Bentancur, and Rabiot will leave. That'll leave us with Matuidi, Pjanic, Ramsey, and another Mid - nowhere near enough.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Tonali is definitely a special player. He's shown a lot more than all the other serie A midfield prospects of the past few years - Barella, Kessie, Gagliardini etc. He will become a top player, no doubt.

Is this an argument about Tonali vs Pogba? Would rather spend the extra 100M on Pogba. We forget just how good he can be. Manure are a complete farce of a footballing organisation. Had he not gone there, we'd be recognizing him as the best midfielder of the current generation. Besides, I think Tonali plays as a regista, no? We desperately need another box-to-box who can make things happen going forward.
Tonalli is more b2b then regista

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Excellent article!

Now, not all registas play like 30yo Pirlo. He is the best I've ever seen at it but not the only interpreter of the role. Tonali is different but much more of a regista than a mezzala. He has the talent, stamina and age to play any role, but not optimally.

From Tonali himself now in the nazionale:
“This can also be my role. I am more of a Jorginho at club level, let’s say, but it’s not that different, so I have no real problems playing wider in a midfield three."

Put him under Sarri and I am sure we will see the new Jorginho, built in his own unique way.

I would have liked in that article to see him compared to the older Thiago Motta. He reminds me most of a mobile version of that Motta that evolved into a regista.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is defenitely primarily a regista, he just doesnt have the weakness/limitaitons of your old school pass only regista's. He is strong, mobile, can tackle etc. But his role is this regista yeah. He can fill in for b2b, but its not his best role.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He is defenitely primarily a regista, he just doesnt have the weakness/limitaitons of your old school pass only regista's. He is strong, mobile, can tackle etc. But his role is this regista yeah. He can fill in for b2b, but its not his best role.
i would certainly want him at B2B in the current side due to him having such a well rounded skillset, unlike most of our current CMs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He can do it, but also bit waste of his potential, he is primarily a cerebral playmaker, makes things tick, needs to be more deep laying playmaker to get his best assets on display. Better off passing to players who are running around him then being designated as a mobile b2b who is covers lots of ground both ways.

You can give him little more freedom to move to get best of both worlds, but he already kinda does that at times in games. Like the game vs Napoli, he was everywhere.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sell Matuidi, Can and Khedira and invest € 100 Mio and bring him back!! = CL TITLE
Selling Matuidi is the stupidest thing we can do (unless we get Kante).
Pjanic will pull the strings, Pogba will play the attacking part but we need someone to recover balls...
Rabiot doesnt really care and he is also not the type.. Ramsey although defending well isnt the type either.. so Matuidi or new signing...

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Selling Matuidi is the stupidest thing we can do (unless we get Kante).
Pjanic will pull the strings, Pogba will play the attacking part but we need someone to recover balls...
Rabiot doesnt really care and he is also not the type.. Ramsey although defending well isnt the type either.. so Matuidi or new signing...
Matuidi and Pogba both prefer to play LCM so that doesn’t work, unless we are playing a 442 France style, but we don’t have Kante to make that formation work.

I prefer Bentancur over Matuidi anyway, but my preferred replacement would be Allan.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
lol at this guy posting pics of himself playing basketball when hes been out injured for weeks.

cashing his fat paychecks while vacationing in dubai and miami not giving an eff about Manure, its fans or even pretending to be respectful.

at least we know it wasnt juve he disrespected hes just a cunt in general.

Jun 6, 2015
lol at this guy posting pics of himself playing basketball when hes been out injured for weeks.

cashing his fat paychecks while vacationing in dubai and miami not giving an eff about Manure, its fans or even pretending to be respectful.

at least we know it wasnt juve he disrespected hes just a cunt in general.
I think Mou took a slight dig at him during his presser too. Said that he will alway have trouble with players that only care about themselves and not the team. Was also talking about how he can't be happy when he looses and if people don't share those principles they will have trouble with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)