Paul Pogba (89 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even though Real is still seemingly the likely destination, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a Pogba return yet. It may not seem feasible right now looking at the balance sheet, but other factors like potential sales and Pogba's sheer resistance against being at United could change matters, especially if he has his mind set on a Juventus return. One of Douglas Costa or Dybala would surely have to be part of a swap deal, but it's possible. Another alternative is he stays at United and the fans abuse him again, then they eventually lose him for free. I'm not sure if I buy the Adidas stories though -- that doesn't feel right.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Even though Real is still seemingly the likely destination, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a Pogba return yet. It may not seem feasible right now looking at the balance sheet, but other factors like potential sales and Pogba's sheer resistance against being at United could change matters, especially if he has his mind set on a Juventus return. One of Douglas Costa or Dybala would surely have to be part of a swap deal, but it's possible. Another alternative is he stays at United and the fans abuse him again, then they eventually lose him for free. I'm not sure if I buy the Adidas stories though -- that doesn't feel right.
@Orgut

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
sell Dybala for Pogba and call it a day. im afraid Dybala already hit his peak from 20 to like 25, next couple years possibly being still good but from that, it ain't nothing but a downhill. he needs a right system built around him, just like messi but since he ain't nowhere near messi's level, it makes no sense to do so(even with messi it's questionable nowdays).

it's almost laughable that he's 26 end of the year, feels like he would be only 22 or something and when we're looking at the "potential", 26 ain't for that anymore, unfortunately..

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
sell Dybala for Pogba and call it a day. im afraid Dybala already hit his peak from 20 to like 25, next couple years possibly being still good but from that, it ain't nothing but a downhill. he needs a right system built around him, just like messi but since he ain't nowhere near messi's level, it makes no sense to do so(even with messi it's questionable nowdays).

it's almost laughable that he's 26 end of the year, feels like he would be only 22 or something and when we're looking at the "potential", 26 ain't for that anymore, unfortunately..
Selling Dybala could put a huge gain on the income statement. Depending on his sale value (if€>$100M), it could facilitate the purchase of two big stars. Pogba, De Ligt and Eriksen (suppose), could cost €300M but if in terms of the income statement hit, assuming 5 year contracts, the impact would only be €60M per year. So a sale of a guy like Dybala could go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Imo Pogba will never happen, it doesn't make sense in many ways:
- We don't have money for another big tranfer after De Ligt. If we offer Man U Dybala + cash, we will need to find Dybala's replacement, plus Pogba on a huge wage. Finance impossible.
- If we sold Khedira and Matuidi, we still have four mid with first team's salary: E.Can - 5M, Ramsey - 8,5M, Rabiot - 7M, Pjanic - 6,5M, I can't see we add another 12M player in. If we sold one of them? we still need to find replacement.
- Pogba is great, but is he fit in Sarri's system? Sarri like his mid play one,two touch football but Pogba is a ball hog? And after watching him in Man U, I have doubts about his mentality.

Too much money and too much trouble.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Imo Pogba will never happen, it doesn't make sense in many ways:
- We don't have money for another big tranfer after De Ligt. If we offer Man U Dybala + cash, we will need to find Dybala's replacement, plus Pogba on a huge wage. Finance impossible.
- If we sold Khedira and Matuidi, we still have four mid with first team's salary: E.Can - 5M, Ramsey - 8,5M, Rabiot - 7M, Pjanic - 6,5M, I can't see we add another 12M player in. If we sold one of them? we still need to find replacement.
- Pogba is great, but is he fit in Sarri's system? Sarri like his mid play one,two touch football but Pogba is a ball hog? And after watching him in Man U, I have doubts about his mentality.

Too much money and too much trouble.
Some of the best moves from Man United last year started with Pogba playing the ball with one or two touches between Rashford, Mata, or Martial. I think he's certainly capable of playing that way.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Some of the best moves from Man United last year started with Pogba playing the ball with one or two touches between Rashford, Mata, or Martial. I think he's certainly capable of playing that way.
Yeah no doubt he can do it, but that's not his overall style. Sarri wants his mid play quickly and a lot movement, Pogba we all know that he want have ball, do tricks, beat players, lazy at times... Pogba wil be great for Allegri's system, but I doubt he will for Sarri's.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Ndombele for 60 million to Spurs? Great piece of business by them. We should have pushed hard because I feel we're going to end up empty handed in the Pogba sweepstakes. SMS is also going to cost more.
i don't understand why we didn't get him, especially at this price.

and only for tottenham !!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
i don't understand why we didn't get him, especially at this price.

and only for tottenham !!
I read that juve enquired about him and that Lyon hoped for 70 mil. pounds, spurs came with an offer and we asked for more time to pursue the transfer , but the player liked the spurs project and that was that.
Also maybe we didn't wanted to enter a bidding war with spurs and just let it go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)