Paul Pogba (84 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It seems like Beppster, Paratici, and Max weren't aware that Bonucci was so bitchy it's stupid to bring him back. I mean, how can they possibly know, they are not on TuZ.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Tbh Pogba isnt realistic for us even with a potential Dybala swap.

We extended Khedira's contract(with a payrise lol), we extended Pjanic with a high salary, Matuidi would still be around, Can earns well enough as we know. That's 4 of your regular starters on high salaries. If we're looking at a midfielder, we'd probably be looking at a young prospect who'd be ready to takeover from an older player in a year or two. We already have Bentancur and it remains to be seen how he develops. And we're being linked to Tielemans which is exactly the kind of profile we'd be looking for at this point.

I just dont see us bringing in a superstar midfielder even if its financially feasible and sidelining some of our current crop of midfielders, this just after giving extensions to a couple of our midfield players.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If anyone can be traded for Pogba in Jan (unlikely), it's Pjanic, not Dybala.

We aren't gonna have 6m Khedira as 5th CM and buy someone else to replace Dybala (a ridiculous kneejerk suggestion).

Mar 3, 2014
With a relationship like that Pogba might take salary cut to get out and Man United doesn't have much leverage after that. That video is horrible press. If I'm Juventus, Barcelona, or any other team with interest: I lowball and let Pogba pick.
With that video, he is worth a heck of a lot less:

For example: Ibrahimovic signed at Barcelona for 60M Eur, fell out with Guardiola and was sold for 24M.

Pogba was signed for 100M, which would imply $40 for Pogba. Pogba is 25. Ibrahimovic was 28. So he would be higher.
Ibrahimovic when adjusted for today's prices for 2018/2019 (~11.6% top 15 league transfer fee growth from 2009/2010 to 2017/2018), would be ~$129M fee in 2016-2017, and 64.6M fee in 2018-2019. That would imply a Pogba price of ~$50M. Also worth noting that Ibrahimovic was sold with 4 years remaining on his contract, same agent. Pogba would be sold with 2.5 years (if winter) or 2.0 (if summer). There is also a EPL premium and the fact that he won the world cup with Spain. Therefore Pogba's value is likely between $40-60M, probably closer to 60M EUR given its United and they'd be too proud to sell for cheap. EUR/GBP is ~the same as it was in 2009/2010. 70M would be paying up given the circumstances.

My conclusion: Dybala for Pogba straight swap would be idiocy. Would need United to pay Juventus probably 60M. But better solution? Pay the 60-70M. Sell after this season if we must. As far as #s go? We want UCL. Bentancur can be loaned out. Bring in Pogba. If we need to sell to raise funds in June we can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)