Paul Pogba (68 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
http://app.football-italia.net/?ref...t#article/footballitalia-119036&menu=news-all

Mino Raiola claims Manchester United 'saved themselves £100m’ on Paul Pogba as 'Juventus could’ve sold him to Real Madrid for £200m.’

Pogba returned to United in August 2016 for a then-world record fee of €110m, and Raiola explained a clause in the Frenchman’s Juve contract allowed him to join a club of his choosing, hence Madrid’s failure to sign him, despite offering the Bianconeri more money.

“Paul was an economic player,” the super-agent told Quote.

“A clause was included in our agreement with Juventus, which let him choose his next team by himself.

“I don’t push prices beyond limits. United spent £100m, but I think they would’ve had to pay £200m [without the clause].

“Yes, you heard that right. Juventus could’ve sold him to Real Madrid for £200m, but but Manchester United saved themselves £100m thanks to his clause.

“That way, the player was always in control of his future and able to make a decision independently.”
So basically, in his last season here we decided to offer him the legendary number 10 shirt while in the same time we accepted offering him a contract worth our highest wage bill which included a clause that would allow him to leave on his own terms whenever or wherever he wants despite us receving offers worth almost double what we sold him for. :baus:

----------------------

I can comprehend most of this story, tho what i can't quite figure out is why did the board have to offer this guy the number 10 shirt when we can now see that behind the scenes it was already obvious that they were expecting to part ways with him sooner rather than later. Not that i want to give too much thought to this crap just that i'm curious if Raiola really managed to trick our board into believing that Pogba was here to stay for longer when actually his only intention was just to raise his quota even more by marketing and maximizing the profits off him as a number 10... i think it's either that or Beppe&co were simply way too grateful to Raiola in the first place to actually even have a word in this.(to them it was all profit anyways)

Conspiracy theory 1.0 :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I guess that they agreed on a % with Mino and anticipated that Mino would push him to the highest bidder. The 10 would be better for us and Mino, considering we'd maximize the $$$ and Mino too

Either way this is done for all I care. Pogba's career is going downhill, we are better with Higuain. Mino should fvck off, his career is over now Zlatan ended his career.

Good luck managing overrated players like Donnaruma, Verratti, Lukaku and Pogba.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So basically, in his last season here we decided to offer him the legendary number 10 shirt while in the same time we accepted offering him a contract worth our highest wage bill which included a clause that would allow him to leave on his own terms whenever or wherever he wants despite us receving offers worth almost double what we sold him for. :baus:

----------------------

I can comprehend most of this story, tho what i can't quite figure out is why did the board have to offer this guy the number 10 shirt when we can now see that behind the scenes it was already obvious that we were expecting to part ways with him sooner rather than later. Not that i want to give too much thought to this crap just that i'm curious if Raiola really managed to trick our board into believing that Pogba was here to stay for longer when actually his only intention was just to raise his quota even more by marketing and maximizing the profits off him as a number 10... i think it's either that or Beppe&co were simply way too grateful to Raiola in the first place to actually even have a word in this.(to them it was all profit anyways)

Conspiracy theory 1.0 :lol:
Because the number 10 shirt is just a marketing thing and Pogba was at the time our most marketable player. Businessmen wont have silly sentiments like "respect for the number".

Nov 1, 2002
Really? Suarez, Neymar, Bale, Lewandowski, Robben, Vidal, Cavani, Ribery, Ibra, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric ...these are talentless? FFS Owen, Nedved and Shevchenko beat Ronaldo/Zidane to the ballon do'r some years and none of the above even got a sniff of it in the Messi/Ronaldo era.

PSG, City & Chelsea were nobodies back then. 3 ultra rich clubs that have 2 star studded squads each. Even Spurs, Dortmund and ATM are better than they were in the Ronaldo/Zidane Era. This more than makes up for Lazio & Parma's decline. Serie A declined but the EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and most of all La Liga have progressed a lot.

Ronaldo did play in super teams. They were called the Galacticos. They had 3 ballon do'r winners and they never became a dominant force the way CR7s and Messi's teams are.

CR7 surpassed the brazillian a few years ago and Messi is on a whole different level.
really?
compare them with Kluivert, Batistuta, Signori, Baggio, Del Piero, Montella, Klinsmann, Bierhoff, Ronaldo, Weah, Shearer, Romario, Trezeguet, Raul, Shevchenko, Totti

Simeone, Davids, Deschamps, Zidane, Keane, Seedorf, Figo, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Vieira, Pires

Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Couto, Cafu, Zambrotta, Hierro, R. Carlos, Thuram, Desailly, Candela

i could go on...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juventino★★★;5703068 said:
really?
compare them with Kluivert, Batistuta, Signori, Baggio, Del Piero, Montella, Klinsmann, Bierhoff, Ronaldo, Weah, Shearer, Romario, Trezeguet, Raul, Shevchenko, Totti

Simeone, Davids, Deschamps, Zidane, Keane, Seedorf, Figo, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Vieira, Pires

Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Couto, Cafu, Zambrotta, Hierro, R. Carlos, Thuram, Desailly, Candela

i could go on...

Hist just wants to be objective

Mar 10, 2009
really?

i could go on...

What's the timeframe for this list, and how are you categorising the players? This seems like a list that combines both the 90s and 00s, its unfair to compare two decades against 8 years.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What's the timeframe for this list, and how are you categorising the players? This seems like a list that combines both the 90s and 00s, its unfair to compare two decades against 8 years.
And he included Ronaldo & Zidane again and most of them are concentrated in Madrid, Milan and Juve.

Ronaldo and Zidane were in the same squad ffs (with 2 other ballon dor winners) and together their achievements at club level dont match up to either Messi or CR. The fact that someone as dominant as Iniesta winning 2 Euros and a world cup and joining Messi in all his wins, couldnt snatch it from them is a testament to their dominance.

They just took things to a new level and are still going. Messi changed from being one hell of a winger to a number 9 to a creator and continued to do things never seen before. Even fucking freekicks he mastered it better than anyone else and has been scoring them regularly for years. Ronaldo changed from a Winger at UTD to a striker of sorts of Madrid and still at an insane level.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
really?

i could go on...

What are you going on about though? You're naming guys starting from the 80ties till Totti, who just hung up his boots and you're proud that you can name 40 talented players in this timespan?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What are you going on about though? You're naming guys starting from the 80ties till Totti, who just hung up his boots and you're proud that you can name 40 talented players in this timespan?
really?

i could go on...

:numnum:

BTW, the oldest on his list is Klinsmann with 57 years age, the youngest Trezeguet with 40. 17 years of difference. on hists list, Xavi is 38 and Neymar 26. 12 years. And hist named only 12 players (14 if you count CR and Messi). Step up your game

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:numnum:

BTW, the oldest on his list is Klinsmann with 57 years age, the youngest Trezeguet with 40. 17 years of difference. on hists list, Xavi is 38 and Neymar 26. 12 years. And hist named only 12 players (14 if you count CR and Messi). Step up your game
17 years is terrible,thats pretty much 2 different generations

Nov 1, 2002
most of them used to compete with each other and against more quality defenders and midfielders.

Del Piero, Shevchenko, Ronaldo played against Nesta, Maldini, Cannavaro, Hierro, R. Carlos, Montero, De Boer, Stam, Davids, Vieira, Redondo, Simeone, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Figo, Nedved... etc

no more same quality players nowadays. that's why C. Ronaldo and Messi having free scoring records, yes they are class above their contenders but it also means quality had declined, way less competition.

high scoring results.
no tough and quality defenders, only a few exceptions.
DM position is almost dead.
no more classic no. 9 strikers.
man marking is completely dead.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Juventino★★★;5703160 said:
most of them used to compete with each other and against more quality defenders and midfielders.

Del Piero, Shevchenko, Ronaldo played against Nesta, Maldini, Cannavaro, Hierro, R. Carlos, Montero, De Boer, Stam, Davids, Vieira, Redondo, Simeone, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Figo, Nedved... etc

no more same quality players nowadays.
that's why C. Ronaldo and Messi having free scoring records, yes they are class above their contenders but it also means quality had declined, way less competition.

high scoring results.
no tough and quality defenders, only a few exceptions.
DM position is almost dead.
no more classic no. 9 strikers.
man marking is completely dead.
it'd be tiring to answer to all your statements, so I'll just take the bolded one and post some active footballers off the top of my head next to them. it's obvious that there are still quality players nowadays, impossible to compare them, but at least some of the active ones I posted have equal or better amount of abilities and achievements

Del Piero - Messi
Shevchenko - Suarez
Ronaldo - C.Ronaldo
Nesta - Ramos
Maldini - Barzagli
Cannavaro - Hummels
Hierro - Chiellini
R. Carlos - Marcelo
Montero - Pepe
De Boer - Bonucci
Stam - Pique
Davids - Vidal
Vieira - Casemiro
Redondo - Modric
Simeone - Busquets
Keane - Kante
Scholes - Kroos
Giggs - Neymar
Figo - Bale
Nedved - Robben

my point is, your statement is silly, obviously there are still quality footballers nowadays and it's not a walk in the park for Messi or Ronaldo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)