Paul Pogba (55 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I have slowly come to the conclusion that you can't build a team around Pogba. The guy is awesome when all the other pieces in the team are in place, but is overwhelmed when he has to take a leading role. Maybe that will change in the future, I don't know.
the problem is that the team isnt build around Pogba, he was just inserted into a random selection of mediocre players playing a random formation chosen because its "the best formation". if the team was actually built around Paul (and Ibra), they would be much better. but hey, they need him to hold his position so guys like Lindgard and Rooney can work their magic going forward

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
€105m and he's putting in these sorts of performances ::lol3::

I'm just going to enjoy this while it lasts. Long may he fail.
That thread they had in August about "Juventuz goes into full meltdown" :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

the problem is that the team isnt build around Pogba, he was just inserted into a random selection of mediocre players playing a random formation chosen because its "the best formation". if the team was actually built around Paul (and Ibra), they would be much better. but hey, they need him to hold his position so guys like Lindgard and Rooney can work their magic going forward
Pogba may be lined up on the field as a holding mid, but he's basically playing all out attack. He's taking 3.5 shots/game, the exact same as last year. And he is constantly in and around the opponent's box.

He's clearly been given the freedom to do whatever he wants on the pitch. Let's stop acting like Mourinho has pigeon-holed him into a holding/defensive mid role. He hasn't.

The quality of players is a different story, although Rooney was involved in both of their last 2 goals. :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Ibra has been scoring some goals, but he's been pretty bad otherwise. You can say that that doesn't matter as long as he keeps scoring, but I can definitely understand the criticism.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That thread they had in August about "Juventuz goes into full meltdown" :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba may be lined up on the field as a holding mid, but he's basically playing all out attack. He's taking 3.5 shots/game, the exact same as last year. And he is constantly in and around the opponent's box.

He's clearly been given the freedom to do whatever he wants on the pitch. Let's stop acting like Mourinho has pigeon-holed him into a holding/defensive mid role. He hasn't.

The quality of players is a different story, although Rooney was involved in both of their last 2 goals. :p
i saw the goal he was involved in vs Zorya, if thats how he "creates" goals for them then United is in for a long season :p

about Paul, i dont think its the same as with us, dont think number of shots matters that much (different style of play with more attacks per game + how often we "killed" games after we got a 1-, 2-0 lead last season). 1st notable thing is he has 4 offensive players ahead of him, with us he only had Dybala and the CF playing higher up than him, so he did carry a lot of load offensively on himself. they wont create space for him if they play him as a 4231 CM, hes an offensive CM that needs to have the ball a lot and freedom to do what he wants, and they should set the formation that way. since i doubt they will go for the 4312 or 4321 (which would suit both him and Zlatan, not to mention Mkhitaryan and Mata too) they should atleast try a 433 with Pogba-Carrick-Herrera midfield and whatever wings they have. 2nd thing is, what he does with the ball when he gets it. does he run forward with the ball often and then try to play a through ball or does he pass it around? from the highlights i see he doesent. does he go left and try to do his combos with the fullback/winger like he did with AS/Evra often? is he the pass to guy/main creative source whenever they win the ball? i dont watch United so i dont know, but if Mourinho does set up the team so he can play to his strengths, which i doubt then he will start performing well soon. i should watch their next game to see things for myself

- - - Updated - - -

Ibra has been scoring some goals, but he's been pretty bad otherwise. You can say that that doesn't matter as long as he keeps scoring, but I can definitely understand the criticism.
i had both their EL games on tv and from what i saw Ibra is the least of their problems. maybe its a different story in the EPL, allthough i doubt it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You are making too many excuses for him. He's been poor. Very poor. For 105 mil you expect a player to be a force in the mid. He spends a huge amount of time on the ball for them, and is constantly screwing up with lazy and unfocussed play. His final ball has been extremely poor, his decision-making appalling.

He runs forward all the time, with the ball, and without. He's playing way up the pitch and almost entirely neglecting his defensive responsibilities.

I'm sure he will eventually come good too, but stop making excuses for his shit play thus far for ManU. That's on him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are making too many excuses for him. He's been poor. Very poor. For 105 mil you expect a player to be a force in the mid. He spends a huge amount of time on the ball for them, and is constantly screwing up with lazy and unfocussed play. His final ball has been extremely poor, his decision-making appalling.

He runs forward all the time, with the ball, and without. He's playing way up the pitch and almost entirely neglecting his defensive responsibilities.

I'm sure he will eventually come good too, but stop making excuses for his shit play thus far for ManU. That's on him.
forgot one excuse, he joined them without any preseason, jumped right from vacation to playing for them :p

no denying hes underperforming so far, just trying to clarify why thats the case. No preseason, different league, different club, different system, different style of play (from the club and the entire league), different role. He will naturally struggle at 1st, even if they built the team around him like they were supposed to do, and especially in this mess.

Apr 29, 2006
.... No preseason, different league, different club, different system, different style of play (from the club and the entire league), different role...
Wait, there is something wrong here? Wasn't Pogba the man who said it felt like he had never left? Back in his home club, with all of them homeboys there? #FirstNeverDabs

Wasn't the 'special one' fighting for the title the first 5-6 rounds? I think he was. Later after the dramatically difficult victory against Zoria, which some Einsteins have named as United's Waterloo, the same portugese that was embarassing chelski last year changed the tune to "needs more time". Mourinho is great with time - he can really develop the clubs PR and also test its financial limits. Now he has Mino to help him out - its like a DreamTeam. Hopefully United's next sponsor are the Feds.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
This 4-2-3-1 is gonna kill him but that was his decisión cuz everyone knew Mou love that formation so he deserves It.

Let's get him back in a free loan in two years lol

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I agree, he's definitely playing like shit. A 105 million player should not perform like that. But then again, Pogba was never worth that much
money. No midfielder is worth that much, not to mention there are better midfielders than him out there currently. Vidal is better and I'd say a fair value for him would be 50 mill.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wait, there is something wrong here? Wasn't Pogba the man who said it felt like he had never left? Back in his home club, with all of them homeboys there? #FirstNeverDabs

Wasn't the 'special one' fighting for the title the first 5-6 rounds? I think he was. Later after the dramatically difficult victory against Zoria, which some Einsteins have named as United's Waterloo, the same portugese that was embarassing chelski last year changed the tune to "needs more time". Mourinho is great with time - he can really develop the clubs PR and also test its financial limits. Now he has Mino to help him out - its like a DreamTeam. Hopefully United's next sponsor are the Feds.
what the hell does that have to do with anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)