Paul Pogba (175 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
" I'm never going back there, this club got me disrespected when I left him last summer. [...] Sir Alex Ferguson laughed of the fact that I don't have the level for his club. [...] it is at this moment that I've decided that I'm never going back to Manchester; no amount of cash will make me go back. "
~ Paul Pogba in 2013
:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I seriously doubt it. There might some stamp tax, which is fixed % of the transfer fee (usually around 0.5%), but corporations pay corporate tax on the profits. Check this https://www.gov.uk/tax-when-your-company-sells-assets/overview
Nope. England has 20% chargeable gains tax on football transfers, which is equivalent to corporate capital gains taxes. You can google this. You can bring losses forward to offset some of this. But it's a capital gains tax of 20%. Now the club does not have to pay corporate tax on this income beyond that though.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
All gains are taxed everywhere. Only difference is they are booked above the tax line. We won't get taxed twice on the same gain
Like I explained above, that is absolutely not true in all serious countries like the UK and USA. Companies pay corporate tax on the annual profit. Individuals pay capital gains, income tax and dividend tax. But in a bankrupt country like Italy anything is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. England has 20% chargeable gains tax on football transfers, which is equivalent to corporate capital gains taxes. You can google this. You can bring losses forward to offset some of this. But it's a capital gains tax of 20%. Now the club does not have to pay corporate tax on this income beyond that though.
I'm not saying it's not true, but if it is, it's some specific tax for this specific purpose, not the normal capital gains tax. Source?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Like I explained above, that is absolutely not true in all serious countries like the UK and USA. Companies pay corporate tax on the annual profit. Individuals pay capital gains, income tax and dividend tax. But in a bankrupt country like Italy anything is possible.
Not true. England has corporate capital gains tax.

And in football this applies mostly to youth players/free players.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying it's not true, but if it is, it's some specific tax for this specific purpose, not the normal capital gains tax. Source?
https://www.gov.uk/capital-gains-tax-businesses/what-you-pay-it-on

When you sell a business asset for increased value you pay capital gains tax on that value.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My family's business here in Canada, purchased land for $150,000 in 1990, invested about $200,000 in it, and it's now worth around $1 million. If we sell it, we will pay capital gains tax on the $650,000 gain in value.

And we are a limited corporation.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Juventino[RUS];5360498 said:
" I'm never going back there, this club got me disrespected when I left him last summer. [...] Sir Alex Ferguson laughed of the fact that I don't have the level for his club. [...] it is at this moment that I've decided that I'm never going back to Manchester; no amount of cash will make me go back. "
~ Paul Pogba in 2013
:lol:
Fake, and this is the last time im asking you to fix your sig, you will just keep getting banned until you fix it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is not for corporations, which I assume most clubs are.

"You pay Capital Gains Tax if you’re a self-employed sole trader or in a business partnership. Other organisations like limited companies pay Corporation Tax on profits from selling their assets."
Yes. They pay a corporate tax on chargeable gains from profits made selling assets. It basically functions the same way.

Click on the Corporation tax link. It's the exact same thing for corporations. Tax paid on profits made selling assets.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Statistically those who leave us and end up in EPL are cunts, specially those that are not respectful towards the club, so there are bigger pricks than him if I were to wish worst things to someone ;)

But I don't care much about this transfer tbh. Yeah it's sad we lost one of the most marketable players and a really great CM. But from personality side I was never a fan of his dab shit or his hairstyles or any of his other shenanigans. We got 100+ mil so that ain't bad I guess.

Manchester sold ronaldo, best player in the world with a record fee, that didn't mean they became a seller club, jsut that the player wanted a new challenge at all costs.

In an ideal world he would do a slide tackle and miss but would hit conte and would crush contes balls while fracturing every bone in his body. Other then that I'm indifferent :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No, it doesn't. You have deductibles, like losing money on other sales and operations, interest, etc.
It is. All you have to do is click on the corporation tax link. It's a chargeable gains tax. It's not the overall corporate tax. It's tax charges for selling assets like land and machinery and in the case of a football club, players...

and of course you can roll over losses to help offset such things... But you have to be operating at a substantial loss for that to work.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Every modern country in the world has a chargeable gains tax for corporations. I don't see why this is hard to understand. It functions almost identically to capital gains tax for individuals, although is often at a lower rate.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Jesus christ we got 105M and maybe 5M extra in bonus... They deducted the wages and so on to give the exact profit we made on him.. Not the cash we get on the bank accounts..
[...]
seriously :delpiero:

People acting like this means 72.6 mil, while previous transfers for other players, the club get 100% of the price listed... they just don't understand that not every club releases this information.

Solidarity subsidy means any club involved in the training of a player receives compensation for any future sale of the player. So, in this case Le Havre and ManU. It's a maximum of 5% combined to all clubs involved in his training. For each year he was at a club from 12-18 the training club gets 0.25% of his transfer fee... For each year between 18-23 they get 0.5%...

It's a often overlooked and forgotten revenue stream for clubs.

Auxiliary expenses probably include Raiola's fee, and other such fees. It's hard to say what's in there. Most football transfers have around 10% or more going to agent + player. And then I am sure there are other fees. (I recall a study published by FIFA showing 28% of transfer fees were going to agents + third parties, that was back in 2013)

It's kind of amusing that people think Napoli actually gets every penny of the 90M we paid for Higuain, or Tottenham got every penny of the 90-100M paid for Bale. And so on. They all have solidarity mechanism and auxiliary expenses to pay on football transfers.
again :delpiero:

please correct me if i´m wrong but from what i´ve gathered, the 20% raiola thing will be paid entirely by manu while juve pays him the standard intermediary fee which has NOTHING to do with the 20% clause and has to be paid for pretty much EVERY SINGLE transfer that happens. it just never gets mentioned. so this basically means that we sold 80% of pogba for 105m, which puts the agreed price at over 130m. i´m ignoring the bonuses even though the 5m are a lock imo.
IF this is even remotely correct than it´s completely retarded to complain about the fee. and please don´t give me shit like "only the money we get counts" because that´s simply bullshit. the clause is in his contract, we had to put it there to get him here in the first place.
furthermore, we shouldn´t forget that a player´s price pretty much scales with his position on the pitch. can someone remind me who is the most expensive non CAM, winger or striker that has ever been sold? it can´t still be buffon, can it?
and yeah times have changed at so have player prices but even today 100m+ is an absolutely insane amount of money.

again, please correct me if i´m wrong as i´m not an expert on this stuff...

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It is. All you have to do is click on the corporation tax link. It's a chargeable gains tax. It's not the overall corporate tax. It's tax charges for selling assets like land and machinery and in the case of a football club, players...

and of course you can roll over losses to help offset such things... But you have to be operating at a substantial loss for that to work.
The page you linked does not provide information about that and it clearly states so. It's about self-employed, partnerships and so on, not about corporations. How do you not get it? If you have another link about how transfers are taxed, please show it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The page you linked does not provide information about that and it clearly states so. It's about self-employed, partnerships and so on, not about corporations. How do you not get it? If you have another link about how transfers are taxed, please show it.
Do you own a business?

I'm asking because when it comes to stuff like this you're often completely dumbfounded. Remember the insurance thing?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Here is the link to corporate tax when you sell business assets. https://www.gov.uk/tax-when-your-company-sells-assets/overview

"Your limited company usually pays Corporation tax on the profit (chargeable gain) made from selling an asset"

I can't explain this any further. My family owns a limited company. We deal with this stuff. Our business assets (properties for us) are all liable to chargeable gains tax if we sell them at a profit. This can be offset to some extent by business losses, but then we'd have to be losing money... Which in the long-term is untenable. And not the goal of Juventus either considering the board wants to make our club self-sufficient and not operating at a loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 161)