Paul Pogba (196 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
well, sort of. his VALUE might never be as high as now, but he might COST more in the future, look at this market. Even Italian teams are willing to splash the cash
Yeah, that's definitely true.

:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

As a juve player? Yes i agree
I think 23-24 year olds are the most expensive players on the market. A player might improve after 24, but only a little, so if he's world class he should be at an age where he can lead the team. You'd get at least 8 more years out of him, with a bit of luck Pogba might play another 12. I would value him higher at 23 than at 28, even if he's the better player at 28.

sportsczy

Jan 11, 2012
Again, it's mostly about compensation. Pogba is getting 13 mil net per season in wages and another estimated 7 mil in image rights with Man U. Juve was paying him around 4.5 mil net. That's a HUGE difference.

The issue that everyone other than Madrid, Barca, PSG and Bayern have with the EPL is that their media deal makes them exponentially richer than everyone else in Europe. The revenue difference has become massive and will become bigger every season too. It's just a reality.

And Serie A did exactly the same thing to the rest of Europe in the 90s by being exponentially richer. The cycle has just turned.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think the depressing thing about this Pogba situation is that it follows the Vidal situation too. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and even PSG don't sell their best players at or before their prime. I can't think of an example where that was the case. Real Madrid have sold players they perhaps shouldn't have but that was because they didn't rate them high enough (Higuain, Di Maria etc). But they never sold their best.

It would seem we still have some way to go before we get to that level of "premium"
With this tempo of selling it will be a long way.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I actually hope that the Milan clubs can do a lot better with better management and better financiers. That is quite important for Serie A.

Serie A is what is dragging us down right now. Need the league to be better, need stadiums to be built etc, need Serie A to have 4 spots in the champions league and need other Italian teams doing well in the champions league and europa league.

FIGC should think of ways to make the scheduling such, so that it gives teams participating in Europe bye weeks so that have extra preperation time. I know nobody else does that, but so what? You need to find every little advantage you can to raise the profile of the league by doing whatever it takes.
Reducing the league to 18 and having a B team will help as well.

sportsczy

Jan 11, 2012
Di Maria and Ozil were absolutely in their prime. I'm a Real Madrid fan. Di Maria was easily our best player the season before he was sold. The fanbase were crushed... but he had asked to leave. Wanted a payraise and Flo Perez denied him. Same with Ozil... he wanted a raise that Real Madrid wasn't willing to accommodate.

It happens.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So selling Zidane to buy everyone we did was a mistake because Real have more champions league titles?
Nope. However, when we had Zidane, teams feared us more. We reached 2 consecutive CL finals, and another semi (in a season when Del Piero was injured, and Zidane was playing one knee). Once we lost Zidane (who then went on to win the title in 2002, the year after leaving us) we only reached one final (during that 5 year period before Calciopoli) and lost our luster and appeal in the CL. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Milan, and Yanited became the standard bearers in Europe.

Apr 29, 2006
Why isn't our club ahead of this deal media-wise? Why aren't we taking the traffic of all poor souls looking for news? Clowning our own coach, while Mourinho is openly talking about Pogba a few miles away...

I expect a surprise here.

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, that's definitely true.

I think 23-24 year olds are the most expensive players on the market. A player might improve after 24, but only a little, so if he's world class he should be at an age where he can lead the team. You'd get at least 8 more years out of him, with a bit of luck Pogba might play another 12. I would value him higher at 23 than at 28, even if he's the better player at 28.
well, I wouldn't agree on Vidal, for example

Jul 13, 2010
To be honest with you I think we had Vidal in his prime years and we bought him at 24. If we would have kept him, he could easily have played here till 32-33.
yeah, he's a durable person, i think cr7 is also one of those, that can play deep into their 40s (or 30s, i think different countries see it differently haha)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Btw those Italian Football TV dudes :ratcafe: :ratcafe: :ratcafe:

How many naive people fell for that i wonder. They gained a lot of popularity out of this though so good on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Why isn't our club ahead of this deal media-wise? Why aren't we taking the traffic of all poor souls looking for news? Clowning our own coach, while Mourinho is openly talking about Pogba a few miles away...

I expect a surprise here.
There is some numbers crunching to be done. Its a huge deal. We'll announce it shortly.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Two things piss me off, giving him the number 10 and of all the teams, Manchester United.

They'll surely finish top three, but for a good story, I hope they loose the league in the last day.

Apr 29, 2006
There is some numbers crunching to be done. Its a huge deal. We'll announce it shortly.
I don't buy it. Numbers to be crunched? :lol: We are talking about this in the second week of August? :sergio:

This sale, if it happens, must have been pivotal in our calculations. You have a media storm riding this for more than a month while the whole club is operating in silent mode.

Either stupidity and inexperience on the part of our management - or a war behind the scenes of some kind. Jeep just got beaten by Chevrolet for some major image rights - how much value is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)