Paul Pogba (47 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

I'm well aware of that and as I've said we're not a selling club in a way to develope players and make profit, like Porto. Not our goal.

On the other hand our players only need to hand in transfer request and they are out faster than a bullet :p
I'm not sure this is as simple as you are making it out to be. Otherwise we would be losing players much quicker, and much more often. I think we probably try to do all we can to change their minds (our best players that is) and convince them of our project and staying. And only if they are dead set on leaving do we allow it. Else we would have dropped far more of our best players by this point, and nor would players like Vidal and Pogba have remained here for 4 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Tbh i think this all 'ask to leave' is posturing when in reality we're still a growing club financially. Its hard to say no if big offers come. Say we were a 500M revenue club, the situation would've been different.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Costa linked to a move from Chelsea?
Linked heavily to a return to Atletico.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tbh i think this all 'ask to leave' is posturing when in reality we're still a growing club financially. Its hard to say no if big offers come. Say we were a 500M revenue club, the situation would've been different.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously?

[video=twitter;758337796516052993]https://twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/758337796516052993[/video]

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
We need to resolve this situation ASAP. Juve is actually losing the most if this saga continues.
How? While I personally would like for it to be resolved as soon as possible (from a sanity perspective), the longer it drags on the better it is for us. We don't have to sell. The longer it drags on the more likely the price will be higher if anything. No downside in it dragging on. We are the ones holding the cards. As I have said many times, I don't think Pogba is UNHAPPY here. He may express a desire to go to Man U, but I doubt he is pushing for it. That puts us in a strong position.

If ManU gives up, we win
If ManU caves to our demands, we win.
If Real Intercept and offer player etc, we win.
If it doesn't materialize, we win.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Atletico market strategy.
1. sell player
2. wait for player to fail
3. get him back on the cheap

Tiboo

Jul 25, 2016
This Stones example (thank you BiancoJuve) just makes Juventus looks very bad.Even freakin Everton a middle of the club english team refused to sell because they realised that at some point you need quality players to achive the goals you set.And we're talkin about a no name english defender,propably as good as Jo Lescott,not a top 10 world class midfielder,not a club who supposedly wants to win Champions league..And i'm tellin you this.In this crazy market where Arcadius Milik is being sold for like 35 million euros,120 millions for Pogba are NOT a lot.But it's not about money some players should just NOT be for sale.Barceloan would never sell peak Messi.That's what we do,we sell our best player on his peak.I cant understand how some of you try to find a silver lining on this.
I understand your point of view. But first of all, Stones is not a random DM he will be very good and much better than Lescott. Also, Everton will sell him.

I don't think that we can comparate English premier League and Serie A.

When you see that:

The 11th in BPL win 100 M€ when Juve win 111M€.

To refuse an offer of 120M is very difficult especially when the player want to leave. If you refuse to sell him you have 60% of chances that he will play a shitty season.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
I know. That's an even better situation than the one these footballers are in. Most of the time you have a (very) long term contract as an employee and you have a couple of months notice. Imagine we would have to pay Pogba for an indefinite amount of time, yet he could basically leave when he wanted to as long as he 'worked' for us for another two months.

In the present day though he needs Man Utd to buy him out.

At the end of the day, an employee can resign whenever the $#@! he wants to. Pogba cannot.
Exactly, Pogba cannot, only on expiry. Even if he expressed a wish to leave, we have every right to say; no you are staying on more year. My point is, and was, that our policy "we sell if player asks to" is stupid. We are in no obligation to, and it's nowhere in our interest. We have every right to be harder on our players. As far as I know we are the only top-club with this policy, it's moronic. And the player should be professional during his contract. That is all. Contracts are there to be respected.

In any case I think we have a understanding..

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
One thing is certain, if Manure are hoping to get instant value from the insane amount they are paying it will be a rude awakening. He can grow into one of the best mids of all time, but he needs years of nurturing before reaching that. Cant see him develop nicely in that shithole

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
In any case I think we have a understanding..
This is probably true. Our appeal wasnt as big when we first signed him so we probably had to agree to some of Raiola's/Pogba's demands.

Even when he signed a contract extension for that matter. Raiola clearly the architect behind all of this anyway. Pogba probably holds him in very high regard. I dont think Pogba would be the money making machine like he is or he could be potentially if not for Raiola so he owes him a lot.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
This is probably true. Our appeal wasnt as big when we first signed him so we probably had to agree to some of Raiola's/Pogba's demands.

Even when he signed a contract extension for that matter. Raiola clearly the architect behind all of this anyway. Pogba probably holds him in very high regard. I dont think Pogba would be the money making machine like he is or he could be potentially if not for Raiola so he owes him a lot.
You guys act like if is Pogba who works for Raoila, it's the other way around. If Pogba wanted to stay/We didn't want to sell, Pogba he will be playing here next year. Raoila probably presented Man Utd's offer to Pogba and he accepted, you guys make it seems like he hold a gun on his client to accept. Raoila tries to to get his client the best offer and in the end its the player that decide, if not he wouldn't have the success he's having with his players and you would hear clients ditching him more often.

Edit: I agree that he owes him tough, he was the one who got Pogba out of the mess he used to have for his image rights with his old agent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)