Paul Pogba (106 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You guys act like if is Pogba who works for Raoila, it's the other way around. If Pogba wanted to stay/We didn't want to sell, Pogba he will be playing here next year. Raoila probably presented Man Utd's offer to Pogba and he accepted, you guys make it seems like he hold a gun on his client to accept. Raoila tries to to get his client the best offer and in the end its the player that decide, if not he wouldn't have the success he's having with his players and you would hear clients ditching him more often.

Edit: I agree that he owes him tough, he was the one who got Pogba out of the mess he used to have for his image rights with his old agent.
This is not what i exactly meant.

I merely mean to say Raiola has probably had a huge influence on Pogba and his career decisions. Pogba in the end, would still make a decision which he deems his is right in his view anyway.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I understand your point of view. But first of all, Stones is not a random DM he will be very good and much better than Lescott. Also, Everton will sell him.

I don't think that we can comparate English premier League and Serie A.

When you see that:

The 11th in BPL win 100 M€ when Juve win 111M€.

To refuse an offer of 120M is very difficult especially when the player want to leave. If you refuse to sell him you have 60% of chances that he will play a shitty season.
The way i read this, i see juve get 122 mil from TV money, whilst the highest earner in the EPL, arsenal (lol) makes 100.8mil pounds, which is pretty much the same ??

What this does it make it very difficult for EPL big teams to buy domestically, since all the smaller teams got loads of cash.

As for Juve, we werent purchasing in the EPL, but we do sell alot of filler to them. So its actually a good thing.

Arsenal and united were richer before this deal, and will remain so.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Vidal was our best midfielder untill his last season, which he started injured. He grew back to his defensive form, and was vidal in reaching the final. In which he had a horrible game.
'piss poor at some big games' is just flat out lying. You are talking about ONE big game.

Pogba was never 'great' in big games except the Man City game. He was good, but he was never the best midfield player for juventus, let alone carry the midfield.

Your post is stupid. I have exceptionally clearly stated "the quality right now, not in 4-5 years". I'm purely talking about comparing our quality right now. As in right now. You know, right now.
'right now' doesnt give a shit about age. Its about right now.

So yeah, read what you are quoting ffs.

The point was : people say our midfield turned weak now. Absolutely not. The midfield potential, took a hit. But if we get herrera, the midfield quality RIGHT NOW, is just every bit as good as it was.

Its about comparing our chances for a cl the comming season. So its about right now. Not in 4-5 years time. Right now

Got it @Ocelot ? right now.
First of all, you're right, I misunderstood the "right now" in your earlier post, thought you meant that Osman should answer you right now :D Sorry for that.

But still, your argument is largely meaningless imo, as it leaves out the most important thing United are paying for - potential, age, & marketing ability.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The way i read this, i see juve get 122 mil from TV money, whilst the highest earner in the EPL, arsenal (lol) makes 100.8mil pounds, which is pretty much the same ??

What this does it make it very difficult for EPL big teams to buy domestically, since all the smaller teams got loads of cash.

As for Juve, we werent purchasing in the EPL, but we do sell alot of filler to them. So its actually a good thing.

Arsenal and united were richer before this deal, and will remain so.
This chart is last season's. The new TV deal kicks in this season.

This year, the gap is going to widen by a big margin.

At least the pound value has dropped by a bit otherwise it would look even more depressing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
First of all, you're right, I misunderstood the "right now" in your earlier post, thought you meant that Osman should answer you right now :D Sorry for that.

But still, your argument is largely meaningless imo, as it leaves out the most important thing United are paying for - potential, age, & marketing ability.
Ocelot FFS

Thats not what my argument is about. it was a pure response to "our midfield is shid now". I disagree.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This chart is last season's. The new TV deal kicks in this season.

This year, the gap is going to widen by a big margin.

At least the pound value has dropped by a bit otherwise it would look even more depressing.

This ? Not that dramatic. But we should totally sell everytime we can in england tbh

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
So you have more respect for a player who moved for money than one who did so to win?
Yes.

Everybody works for money, and when they double your wages, and we are talking millions here, can't crucify the guy as 99.9% of people would do the same.

But Vidal didn't leave for the money. Vidal left to win, because he didn't believe he could do it with us.

That's more hurtful.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's quite interesting to read now how Vidal was a monster at his position,best B2B player in the world,essential for our team and last year he was an injury prone player,alcoholic who past his prime,was a good move selling him to Bayern for a" mighty " 37 mil+ bonuses fee etc.All those who dare to criticize that transfer were crucified here.
Now,completely opposite......
lol no one is even talking about the transfer of Vidal. We are talking about his best performances the season before his last one here.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

Seriously are you receiving part of the 120M? Do you own Juventus stock?

Losing Pogba is not the end of the world but don't go full Barney & Friends pretending everything is peachy and rosy.

We as fans have every right to be upset about losing one of the best players in the world and this have nothing to do about money. Stop lecturing people with its not your money mantra when juventus bought higuain and now be happy you won the 120M lottery selling pogba. At least be consistent in your logic.

That said, :beppe: go get Verratti.
I'll simplify it for you: It's not my money, I don't care. Forza Juventus

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
We won't be missing Pogba the way we miss(ed) Vidal. Vidal was a better player then Pogba is now. Pogba has potential to become the worlds best, that's what United pay for. As for Vidals transfer I think we sold too cheap, although we had to sell when a player ask to leave. €37m was a joke though. We'd just been in the CL final and we sold our bes player for less then David Luiz!!!

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dont know why one has to say its a 'coping mechanism'. If this Pogba-Vidal debate was put forward in the middle of the season and if some of them were favoring Vidal, you'd get bashed because of the Pogba fanboyism on this forum here and also because Pogba is a Juventus player while Vidal isnt. Now both will be ex-players so its a good time to put forward this debate.

I posed a question before the Euros and before these rumors popped out. Has there been a single big game performance from Pogba in the CL ? and i dint get a strong response.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We won't be missing Pogba the way we miss(ed) Vidal. Vidal was a better player then Pogba is now. Pogba has potential to become the worlds best, that's what United pay for. As for Vidals transfer I think we sold too cheap, although we had to sell when a player ask to leave. €37m was a joke though. We'd just been in the CL final and we sold our bes player for less then David Luiz!!!
Tevez was our best player. and Pogba last 2 seasons is better than Vidal last 2 seasons

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
How? While I personally would like for it to be resolved as soon as possible (from a sanity perspective), the longer it drags on the better it is for us. We don't have to sell. The longer it drags on the more likely the price will be higher if anything. No downside in it dragging on. We are the ones holding the cards. As I have said many times, I don't think Pogba is UNHAPPY here. He may express a desire to go to Man U, but I doubt he is pushing for it. That puts us in a strong position.

If ManU gives up, we win
If ManU caves to our demands, we win.
If Real Intercept and offer player etc, we win.
If it doesn't materialize, we win.
The season starts in 20 days. Time is running out to reinforce the midfield if Pogba leaves.

Last year we were trying to sign players on the last day of Mercato and had the worst start to our season in club history.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Tevez was our best player. and Pogba last 2 seasons is better than Vidal last 2 seasons
Isn't that a matter of opinion? Are we talking 2014/15 season? Vidal had 6 MotM while Pogba had 3. Goals and assists pretty similar Pogba:8g3a/Vidal:7g/4a. And Vidal was crucial in CL. I agree Tevez was our best player though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)