Paul Pogba (149 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
United a "much more successful club than Juve until 3 years ago". Stopped reading. Maybe the time spent massaging your ego writing fantasy short stories would be better spent elsewhere.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Most of you are on the red cafe a lot so you might have already read this, but how do you combat these points?

I was having a look on Juve forum to get a glimpse of their viewpoint on the saga.

Some of them have accepted he is leaving others are still in denial even after the Higuain deal, thinking they can just afford a €94m signing like it happens for them every year. Tough it seems none of them can understand why he would want to join United. They all think he is mad in the head and need to have talk with the board to see what quality surrounds him and that he would be leaving that for a west ham united level team.

I don't think they understand Pogba doesn't give a rat's ass about their alledged super quality team that hasn't won a CL in over 20 years and isn't going to in the coming years because every year they sell out their star players (Tevez, Vidal, soon Pogba, near future Dyabala no doubt) and is soon reaching the average age of senior football club. If he leaves Juve for United it is because:

1: He can triple his wages by coming here and Juve can't afford to do the same.

2: He may feel the serie A is a dead league with no competition and no sense of challenge in it anymore and the EPL is the complete opposite, with much more viewers, bigger clubs, bigger stadiums, more star players, more quality managers and much more money for all parties involved. EPL is just a much better podium for a footballer to perform his trade at than the Serie A these days, used to be different but Italian football is currently on live support and the battery is nearly death.

3: He may actually believe in the project United has to offer which is to get back to the top of the world as a football club. Afterall it has only been 3 years ago that United was actually a much more successful and higher esteemed club than Juve are right now, Pogba knows this first hand because he was actually part of it at that time and only left for Juve because he wasn't getting any playing time at it at the time. The difference with the last 3 years, easy the manager, we have had some very poor ones and before that we had a really fecking good one. We have a really fecking good one now aswell, and we have more money to spend than most of the competition (including Juve), so if things can change for the worst in 3 years, why couldn't it change for the best aswell ? Pogba, Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Martial, DDG, Rashford, we have just started to build our team up again, only started, we can afford these kind of summers every year, we don't need to sell to buy, we can just build and build and keep on building we may not trump Juve right now but we will eventually and once we do we will move on from there aswell.

I've also seen a guy that actually thinks Juve are richer than United because the Agnelli family owning them owns more money than the Glazers. I don't think he understands being rich in football has 1 to do with how much financial resources you have at your disposal and 2 to do with how much leeway you have in spending that money because there are actual regulations like FFP that limit this to how much revenue the club actually makes. I don't think he understands the Agnelli's aren't actually pumping their own money into the club nor are the Glazers for that matter but both families are actually running the clubs like self sufficient businesses, the way it is supposed to be done unlike the sugar daddy clubs like City, Chelsea or PSG. That means how rich the club is depends on how much money it can generate on its own and for United that is much more than for Juve, because we play in a league with much more tv money, we have much better sponsorship deals and we have a much larger global fanbase to exploit and it isn't likley to change either. The only clubs that are really as rich as United are Real Madrid and Barcelona and to an extend Bayern. City, Chelsea and PSG would match it aswell if FFP wouldn't exist. Juventus actual spending power is likley smaller than that of for example Liverpool.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Most of you are on the red cafe a lot so you might have already read this, but how do you combat these points?

I was having a look on Juve forum to get a glimpse of their viewpoint on the saga.

Some of them have accepted he is leaving others are still in denial even after the Higuain deal, thinking they can just afford a €94m signing like it happens for them every year. Tough it seems none of them can understand why he would want to join United. They all think he is mad in the head and need to have talk with the board to see what quality surrounds him and that he would be leaving that for a west ham united level team.

I don't think they understand Pogba doesn't give a rat's ass about their alledged super quality team that hasn't won a CL in over 20 years and isn't going to in the coming years because every year they sell out their star players (Tevez, Vidal, soon Pogba, near future Dyabala no doubt) and is soon reaching the average age of senior football club. If he leaves Juve for United it is because:

2: He may feel the serie A is a dead league with no competition and no sense of challenge in it anymore and the EPL is the complete opposite, with much more viewers, bigger clubs, bigger stadiums, more star players, more quality managers and much more money for all parties involved. EPL is just a much better podium for a footballer to perform his trade at than the Serie A these days, used to be different but Italian football is currently on live support and the battery is nearly death.

3: He may actually believe in the project United has to offer which is to get back to the top of the world as a football club. Afterall it has only been 3 years ago that United was actually a much more successful and higher esteemed club than Juve are right now, Pogba knows this first hand because he was actually part of it at that time and only left for Juve because he wasn't getting any playing time at it at the time. The difference with the last 3 years, easy the manager, we have had some very poor ones and before that we had a really fecking good one. We have a really fecking good one now aswell, and we have more money to spend than most of the competition (including Juve), so if things can change for the worst in 3 years, why couldn't it change for the best aswell ? Pogba, Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Martial, DDG, Rashford, we have just started to build our team up again, only started, we can afford these kind of summers every year, we don't need to sell to buy, we can just build and build and keep on building we may not trump Juve right now but we will eventually and once we do we will move on from there aswell.

I've also seen a guy that actually thinks Juve are richer than United because the Agnelli family owning them owns more money than the Glazers. I don't think he understands being rich in football has 1 to do with how much financial resources you have at your disposal and 2 to do with how much leeway you have in spending that money because there are actual regulations like FFP that limit this to how much revenue the club actually makes. I don't think he understands the Agnelli's aren't actually pumping their own money into the club nor are the Glazers for that matter but both families are actually running the clubs like self sufficient businesses, the way it is supposed to be done unlike the sugar daddy clubs like City, Chelsea or PSG. That means how rich the club is depends on how much money it can generate on its own and for United that is much more than for Juve, because we play in a league with much more tv money, we have much better sponsorship deals and we have a much larger global fanbase to exploit and it isn't likley to change either. The only clubs that are really as rich as United are Real Madrid and Barcelona and to an extend Bayern. City, Chelsea and PSG would match it aswell if FFP wouldn't exist. Juventus actual spending power is likley smaller than that of for example Liverpool.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Triple his wages lol suck a dick kid

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Cozb we need a couple of punching bags
:D

I wouldn't mind him sticking around a bit, to be honest. Dude is absolutely clueless about Serie-A in general and Juve in particular, and it's funny watching him write so calmly and "knowingly" about stuff he has no idea about. I say keep him, at least for a lil' while.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I understand you are from the UK, so we shouldnt expect much of you, but i'll take my time to correct the many blatant errors.

1) Man Utd's team is pretty mediocre to what it has been. Juve's team is filled with better players everywhere except attack, but we have that covered aswel now. When not talking about Pogba, name me one position where united has a superior player ?

2) The 94mil is spread over 2 years so its possible if we want to make the sacrifice and can insert some players to lower it.

3) Tevez asked to return to his homeclub and we allowed it. Vidal wanted out so we sold him. Juventus has not sold a keyplayer in decades cause it couldnt resist the offer, we only sell if a player wants out.

4) learn the difference between gross and net wages. Pogba after bonusses is on 12 million gross at juventus. Your club offers a bit more, but its not that much tbh.

5) Serie a has been getting extremely close to EPL with the coëfficient. With Inter and Milan who got new owners, we'll see a continued rise, and juve allready got the best 2 non juve players to not leavue the league
-> Dont flatter your 'greatest unforced defensive error league". Tactics is why the EPL is the current laughing stock. Conte needs to be able to teach his idea to braindead UK players. Guadriola lacks passers. Mourinho seems past it.

6) Pogba doesnt care about your plan to get to CL heights in 5 years time. He wants succes now, he wants the ballon d'or. He wont play 2 seasons in the eurocrapleague cause "united has a better plan then the last few years".

7) Nobody right in their minds here thinks juve is richer then United. Its true that Exxor is much more powerfull then the Glazers, but that doesnt mean little more that we can have bigger low rent loans. Both the Glazers and Exxor arent pumping cash for free into the club so it doesnt matter.

8) Dont flatter yourself tho. Real and Barcelona laugh at your finances. Arsenal has better finances then yours, how did that work for them ? Your income is higher like other EPL teams. So you'll just spend more on domestic transfers and find it hard to compete since the entire league has around the same quality.

Real, Barcelona and Bayern will get the player if you go bid against them. Juve got excellent management and will outperform yours.

DO try to end 4th and get trough CL qualification, would be nice to face an english team in the groupstage so we can top the group

Jul 13, 2016
I understand you are from the UK, so we shouldnt expect much of you, but i'll take my time to correct the many blatant errors.

1) Man Utd's team is pretty mediocre to what it has been. Juve's team is filled with better players everywhere except attack, but we have that covered aswel now. When not talking about Pogba, name me one position where united has a superior player ?

2) The 94mil is spread over 2 years so its possible if we want to make the sacrifice and can insert some players to lower it.

3) Tevez asked to return to his homeclub and we allowed it. Vidal wanted out so we sold him. Juventus has not sold a keyplayer in decades cause it couldnt resist the offer, we only sell if a player wants out.

4) learn the difference between gross and net wages. Pogba after bonusses is on 12 million gross at juventus. Your club offers a bit more, but its not that much tbh.

5) Serie a has been getting extremely close to EPL with the coëfficient. With Inter and Milan who got new owners, we'll see a continued rise, and juve allready got the best 2 non juve players to not leavue the league
-> Dont flatter your 'greatest unforced defensive error league". Tactics is why the EPL is the current laughing stock. Conte needs to be able to teach his idea to braindead UK players. Guadriola lacks passers. Mourinho seems past it.

6) Pogba doesnt care about your plan to get to CL heights in 5 years time. He wants succes now, he wants the ballon d'or. He wont play 2 seasons in the eurocrapleague cause "united has a better plan then the last few years".

7) Nobody right in their minds here thinks juve is richer then United. Its true that Exxor is much more powerfull then the Glazers, but that doesnt mean little more that we can have bigger low rent loans. Both the Glazers and Exxor arent pumping cash for free into the club so it doesnt matter.

8) Dont flatter yourself tho. Real and Barcelona laugh at your finances. Arsenal has better finances then yours, how did that work for them ? Your income is higher like other EPL teams. So you'll just spend more on domestic transfers and find it hard to compete since the entire league has around the same quality.

Real, Barcelona and Bayern will get the player if you go bid against them. Juve got excellent management and will outperform yours.

DO try to end 4th and get trough CL qualification, would be nice to face an english team in the groupstage so we can top the group

I just posted what I saw on the red cafe to see if people here would actually have a better argument. Unlike you at least, most people here don't so I don't bother replying them. However, while you made some good points, your argument is based on 100% chance that Pogba would stay. I'm not 100% sure he would be at united but I'm also not that certain he would remain at Juventus. If he does join Man Utd, then some of your points might be rendered meaningless. You say he wants quick success but that would be debunked. You also say its not money because you pay as much (not sure about that) but that would also be a meaningless if he joins. So while I might agree with points 1,2.3...... 5 & 8(don't agree but probably debatable) and 7, the other points you made might just come back to bite you.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I just posted what I saw on the red cafe to see if people here would actually have a better argument. Unlike you at least, most people here don't so I don't bother replying them. However, while you made some good points, your argument is based on 100% chance that Pogba would stay. I'm not 100% sure he would be at united but I'm also not that certain he would remain at Juventus. If he does join Man Utd, then some of your points might be rendered meaningless. You say he wants quick success but that would be debunked. You also say its not money because you pay as much (not sure about that) but that would also be a meaningless if he joins. So while I might agree with points 1,2.3...... 5 & 8(don't agree but probably debatable) and 7, the other points you made might just come back to bite you.

Pogba has stated before money isnt his main catalyst, but succes and the chance to win the ballon d'or are. Logically, thats remaining at Juve's project of continiu'd succes, or take the risk and go to Madrid/Barcelona, but thats in Messi/Ronaldo's shadow

Honestly ? I think two things are happening at the same time

1) Pogba had a shit euro2016, and his agent does everything to keep his value from at least stagnating. It resulted in getting actual offers for pogba
2) Juventus is using Manchester Utd to force Real Madrid to up their offer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
redcafe meet Zach. Zach, meet redcafe :D

- - - Updated - - -

Cozb we need a couple of punching bags
I want to see what Zach does first :lol:

Dis gon be good :numnum:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
redcafe meet Zach. Zach, meet redcafe :D
That guy is oblivious about many things. Comming from belgium where media and analysts have the same oblivious knowledge of serie a and overhype their own players(league in EPL's case), i totally get it

According to belgian analysts, pogba has been CDM for 2 years now. To give an idea. And we play catennaccio

He's not bad of intention. Just oblivious. Fair enough.

MUFC1983

Jul 17, 2016
Did any of you guys watch the Juventus vs Melbourne Victory game last night? I was shocked at the crowd, I would have thought it would be pretty packed but it wasn't. The chance to watch Dybala live and the Melbourne crowd was bloody woeful. Two years ago Juventus played in Sydney and there were 55,000. I guess Juventus will be choosing Sydney next time. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)