Paul Pogba (208 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
When you don''t have anything relevant to say just put lols.It helps.Cause criticizing "almighty lord of transfers "is forbidden.He doesn't make mistakes.And doesn't matter if Pogba is alongside with Pirlo and Vidal or alone he is at least twice better player than that midget Veratti. Of course not giving him an adequate replacement-help of mentioned two ,is not Beppe's mistake.It was just a wise move by former Sampdoria transfer director.Maybe Hernanes will fill the gap of those two to help Pogba.I am really convinced of that.

- - - Updated - - -

He has a significantly better vision, is way better at controlling the tempo and controlling play. They are very different players really, Pogba is a box-to-box while Verratti is a playmaking CM.
No way,Veratti is the last midfielder who might have a better vision than Pogba, and Pogba is everything but not box to box player in ordinary meaning of that word.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When you don''t have anything relevant to say just put lols.It helps.Cause criticizing "almighty lord of transfers "is forbidden.He doesn't make mistakes.And doesn't matter if Pogba is alongside with Pirlo and Vidal or alone he is at least twice better player than that midget Veratti. Of course not giving him an adequate replacement-help of mentioned two ,is not Beppe's mistake.It was just a wise move by former Sampdoria transfer director.Maybe Hernanes will fill the gap of those two to help Pogba.I am really convinced of that.

- - - Updated - - -

No way,Veratti is the last midfielder who might have a better vision than Pogba, and Pogba is everything but not box to box player in ordinary meaning of that word.
Talking to you is painful but I will give it a go.

Pogba is horrible because he has become arrogant trying to do everything instead of playing simple and smart. No one makes him so fancy tricks and pirlo or Vidal wouldn't change that. Having marchisio back will allow him to push a bit more forward.

I'm laughing at you because of actually having an argument you decide to act like a 6 year old and call on the usual scapegoat.

If Pogba has the potential we all know he has it shouldn't take a poor Vidal in his last season or an aged Pirlo to get the best out of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore a team decimated by injuries since the season began puts an unnecessary burden on Pogba which we can now see he isn't mentally prepared to pull the team.

With or without Pogba/pirlo you argument doesn't hold water.

- - - Updated - - -

And twice the player of Veratti :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd say Pogba still has a higher ceiling than Verratti, and to this point in their respective careers has been the slightly better player. Just my opinion on it.

I think we'll start to see a much better Pogba as the entire team becomes more settled and his midfield partners stop changing on a weekly basis. I also think we'll see a bit less arrogance from him in Serie A going forward. I think this poor start by both the team, and Pogba, will act as a much needed kick in the ass for Pogba.

If you watched him closely in the CL matches, he had a much different demeanour, was much less inclined to trying stupid shit with the ball, and was much more focused on the game and playing with his team instead of on his own. He made a few mistakes here and there. Sure. But he was also very good in those games. I expect more of that from him. And I expect a more settled and regular line-up for the team will help a lot with that.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Talking to you is painful but I will give it a go.

Pogba is horrible because he has become arrogant trying to do everything instead of playing simple and smart. No one makes him so fancy tricks and pirlo or Vidal wouldn't change that. Having marchisio back will allow him to push a bit more forward.

I'm laughing at you because of actually having an argument you decide to act like a 6 year old and call on the usual scapegoat.

If Pogba has the potential we all know he has it shouldn't take a poor Vidal in his last season or an aged Pirlo to get the best out of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore a team decimated by injuries since the season began puts an unnecessary burden on Pogba which we can now see he isn't mentally prepared to pull the team.

With or without Pogba/pirlo you argument doesn't hold water.

- - - Updated - - -

And twice the player of Veratti :lol:
You see ,I have the same feeling about talking with you.So I usually don't answer that knee jerking of yours about Beppe ,Zaza and usuall bullshit which you write defending them ,like ,from that depends your life or like that is the religion that we must follow which is stupid, but sometimes ,like now I must respond.
Yes Pogba is bad these days.But that have nothing with him being arrogant.Simply he has no players to keep his back and him to be with more free role where he is most dangereus.Now he is expected to be a leader and to work for the team which he obviously failed to do.Maybe due to his age maybe that he is alone.Or maybe that whole team plays bad.How can he be a player of previous seasons when everybody plays bad?
So by you Pogba doesn't have a potential and needs poor Vidal to help him That same Vidal,injury prone and so 28 years old.?So true.Hernanes,your "god" master transfer player had that potential. We all saw that this season .
Laugh at much as you want but simple putting a lol is not and argument .My usual scapegoat is your god.Nothing wrong with that for me.I am not trying to convince you otherwise .
One good game of Pogba and he will be your hero.Too bad that we won't see that from your god's master buying Hernanes no matter of what.And no matter, what form Pogba is ,he is at least,at least twice better player than Verrati will be, ever , in every aspect of the game.If you can't recognize that than just respect what market says.What is Pogba's price comparing to that midget? Too many zeros difference in money.But I don't change my mind every three days like you do.
Luckily that your arguments consist of one lol hold a river of water.Continue with that.
It's funny how you change you mind from us being the title winners with utmost easiness of Serie A to that our target is being on 3 place.
So keep your beliefs as much as you want and don't start stupid discussions .

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.Except if you count Padoin as a regista in that list.I mean world class midfielders.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Pogba has been really poor this season, if you discount that I'd say they're in the same bracket of ability right now, with Pogba having the higher ceiling.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
yadda yadda yadda pogba yadda yadda yadda twice the player yadda yadda yadda
the fact that you can only knee-jerk about how much potential pogba has and how he is going to be the next best thing you fail to even name one skill that verratti is lacking for playing his position, while we could very easily count the step-over fuck ups of pogba every fricking game. there is simply no game where he does not fail to play the direct pass and chooses to show boat instead. you really must be sorry that pogba does not have proper team mates to play with and so it is totally excusable that he sucks right now in comparison to verratti who had such great serie b player material to help him shine at pescara.

it was really nice to see how pogba showed all his skill and made a mockery out of barcelonas star players outskilling them and not giving them one ball... oh wait, that was not pogba. pogbas greatness went missing against barca, it was fricking verratti who needed to pull out the pockets of his shorts after the game, because he had so many barca faggots deep in his pocket.

you simply sound like a guy that never in his life has seen 5 minutes of verratti.

for a midfielder step-overs are simply useless and the passing accuracy is way more important to deliver dangerous balls and keep the team clicking. if you compare pogbas passing skill and accuracy to verrattis you might be inclined to think they play a different game. you guys do like your whoscored-site so much, so go look it up what passing percentage they both sport. one thing i do agree pogba is hugely better in than verratti and that is doing goal kicks into the stand when we have a dangerous free kick situations, so whenever buffon will be unable to do goal kicks, pogba can fill in, no problem.

I'd say Pogba still has a higher ceiling than Verratti,
so your subconsciously know that pogba has a lot of things he could do better than he does right now, while you say verratti can't get any better at what he does ? in terms of physicality pogba has an advantage, no doubt, but the way he is physically superior to verratti he is inferiour in match intelligence.

and big LOL at people saying verratti has BAD vision. he is as close to pirlo as it gets right now, but perhaps the football manager you play does give a different "description" of the vision property of a player

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No way,Veratti is the last midfielder who might have a better vision than Pogba
What makes you say that?

Its litterally Verratti's strength (top few BEST at it effortlessly), while its undoubtedly one of Pogba's few weaknesses. Pogba isnt a playmaker and visionary playmaking isnt his forte, while Verratti is in every essence of the word visionary. He is basically a combination of Pirlo and Xavi (having more in common with the catalan). With the added bonus of Iniesta level dribbling, which is his sickest ability, the insane confidence he dribbles with.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so your subconsciously know that pogba has a lot of things he could do better than he does right now, while you say verratti can't get any better at what he does ? in terms of physicality pogba has an advantage, no doubt, but the way he is physically superior to verratti he is inferiour in match intelligence.

and big LOL at people saying verratti has BAD vision. he is as close to pirlo as it gets right now, but perhaps the football manager you play does give a different "description" of the vision property of a player
I've never once said anything bad about Verratti or that he can't improve. As I said, it's my opinion that Pogba has a higher ceiling. It's called an opinion, I even stated it's my opinion. You can have your own fucking opinion. Good for you. Get a grip.

I think Pogba is more of a game-winner than Verratti. My opinion. I'm open to changing it if over the next 1-2 years on the field results suggest I should.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I've never once said anything bad about Verratti or that he can't improve. As I said, it's my opinion that Pogba has a higher ceiling. It's called an opinion, I even stated it's my opinion. You can have your own $#@!ing opinion. Good for you. Get a grip.
can you please rephrase what "ceiling" for you means. for me it would be the maximum player (skillwise) a certain can become. i can not wrap my head around how verratti and pogba should have different ceilings even less so it being in favour of pogba. what would a pogba at his ceiling look like skillwise (compared to today) and what keeps verratti from aquiring that level of skill ?

I think Pogba is more of a game-winner than Verratti. My opinion. I'm open to changing it if over the next 1-2 years on the field results suggest I should.
do you have numbers to back that up ? i know opinions and feelings are hard to argue about, but there needs to be a base for your opinion.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
can you please rephrase what "ceiling" for you means. for me it would be the maximum player (skillwise) a certain can become. i can not wrap my head around how verratti and pogba should have different ceilings even less so it being in favour of pogba. what would a pogba at his ceiling look like skillwise (compared to today) and what keeps verratti from aquiring that level of skill ?

do you have numbers to back that up ? i know opinions and feelings are hard to argue about, but there needs to be a base for your opinion.
For the first bit. It really is just what I see on the field. But I watch nowhere near as much of Verratti as Pogba, being a Juventus fan and all, so my opinion is biased there. I also think Verratti plays in a much easier league. Now this doesn't say anything about his skill, but he should look better. I think Pogba would dominate Ligue 1. For me though, when watching Pogba, and his moments of incredible class, skill, and athleticism, it still looks like we've only touched the tip of the iceberg. He's still much more raw and unfinished as a player compared to Verratti. Verratti is much more honed, consistent, and finished product. Of course he's still young and shall improve, I just don't see the same potential I do with Pogba, if Pogba manages to clean up his game and become a consistent force. A lot of ifs there.

As far as the second point... It's hard to back that up as Pogba plays a more forward role on the pitch, and this means he's always going to have more goals and assists. I mean, even in this mediocre season for Pogba he already has a goal and 3 assists, to Verratti's assist. I don't the offensive upside of a Pirlo in Verratti yet. The game is won by goals and assists though, simplified to the extreme, and Pogba is just much more of a threat in that regard. Pogba has 25 goals and 28 assists since the start of 12/13, Verratti has 3 goals and 24 assists in that same timeframe.

I also see disciplinary problems with Verratti. Clear evidence was taking an inane yellow against Chelsea to get himself suspended for first leg with Barca. Entirely unnecessary yellow. 18 yellow cards last year, 13 the year before (plus a red), and 12 the year before that (plus a red)... In his only full-time starting season he had 18 yellows. Pogba collected 8 yellows last year, 6 the year before, and around that the year prior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 193)