Paul Pogba (236 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Good points there. Did not compare assists or goals and worked have thought that it would be in favor of Marco.

He does definitely play in a weaker league but if you watch his performance against the best of the best in champions league it shows that he is on that level already being as focal point for a team like PSG

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

It really is just my opinion, and I am biased being a Juve fan. I need to watch more of Verratti outside the Champions League to really get an idea of just how good he is and will be. I mean, he looks world class in the CL, or did last year... but it's hard to say how well that translates to consistent league play. If he cuts down on his yellows, and adds a goalscoring threat to his game, he could very well develop into a top 3 Mid in the world.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
:tup:

It really is just my opinion, and I am biased being a Juve fan. I need to watch more of Verratti outside the Champions League to really get an idea of just how good he is and will be. I mean, he looks world class in the CL, or did last year... but it's hard to say how well that translates to consistent league play. If he cuts down on his yellows, and adds a goalscoring threat to his game, he could very well develop into a top 3 Mid in the world.
Doesn't necessarily need to, Pirlo or Xavi for example never really were a goalscoring threat, but are undoubtedly among the top midfielders of the past decade.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Doesn't necessarily need to, Pirlo or Xavi for example never really were a goalscoring threat, but are undoubtedly among the top midfielders of the past decade.
Both Pirlo and Xavi scored goals on a level far beyond Verratti, whether through free kicks, or other ways. I don't think Verratti needs to be a threat to score a dozen goals a year, but adding the ability to occasionally unlock a game with a free kick, a shot from distance, or a timely run, would definitely put him more in the realm of Pirlo/Xavi.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pogba is widely more highly regarded as a super star level potential because he shows he is a big moment decisive player in his qualities he has. Verratti has had great CL games dominating wise for sure (more so then Pogba), but the main thing he lacks is what Pogba has naturally. The ability to step up when you are needed (not alot but enough times) and grab the big moments by the horn and make it your own. The individualistic asserting and willingness to be the key decider.

Verratti is decisive in build up and making things tick effortlessly, but in more subtle general play kinda way instead of highlights reels type of plays. He is more like a young Xavi who was never much of a attention grabber on the natural sense on the pitch, never had the confidence to be to go to guy final plays type (notice I said young Xavi, he is a player that took many years to become the maestro he is known as, I remember first half of his Barca career, not so confident and was ok with hiding in background as a fantastic role playing CM while Deco took center stage) . Which is absurd since when you watch Verratti you see he plays with extreme confidence.

But it doesn't carry over to the final third and highlight level assists or goals. Pirlo naturally did witth constant long through balls or set pieces. Verratti has the ability to make those long balls on a dime to attacker, but not the playing style, as said he is more of play the channels and make things tick with close ball control and short passing style as Xavi was. Not entirely, more like a hybrid of pin point quarterback passing Regista and mobile big picture type of CM, but he prefers the latter for sure it seems (like Xavi, he is the type who would have tons more assist if you count it hockey style, give assists for assisting the assister lol). You see him for Italy and notice that even though he is easily by huge margin best player in ability, is not natural in wanting to take the lead and say everything goes through me. More of a shy system / orchestrating build up player. While Pogba in good and bad times has to be the center of attention and is willing to take on the responsibility of being to go to guy, even if he isn't fully developed yet and might not be totally equipped for the big burden. Don't wanna continue with the Barca comparisons, but while Verratti is Xavi type, Pogba is more like, in profile/confidence NOT ability or style, more close to a Ronaldinho type.

So basically it's easy to know why most would see Pogba as the bigger name and more highly sought after /highly regarded one, he is a phenomenon in the star player level that your average viewer can easily notice, while Verratti is the not as noticeably comfortable big moments profile player while still easily being in similar amazing level talent wise due to the influence he has on his team's build up. He just needs to unleash himself and become more direct in his offensive production to get more attention.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
the fact that you can only knee-jerk about how much potential pogba has and how he is going to be the next best thing you fail to even name one skill that verratti is lacking for playing his position, while we could very easily count the step-over $#@! ups of pogba every fricking game. there is simply no game where he does not fail to play the direct pass and chooses to show boat instead. you really must be sorry that pogba does not have proper team mates to play with and so it is totally excusable that he sucks right now in comparison to verratti who had such great serie b player material to help him shine at pescara.

it was really nice to see how pogba showed all his skill and made a mockery out of barcelonas star players outskilling them and not giving them one ball... oh wait, that was not pogba. pogbas greatness went missing against barca, it was fricking verratti who needed to pull out the pockets of his shorts after the game, because he had so many barca $#@!s deep in his pocket.

you simply sound like a guy that never in his life has seen 5 minutes of verratti.

for a midfielder step-overs are simply useless and the passing accuracy is way more important to deliver dangerous balls and keep the team clicking. if you compare pogbas passing skill and accuracy to verrattis you might be inclined to think they play a different game. you guys do like your whoscored-site so much, so go look it up what passing percentage they both sport. one thing i do agree pogba is hugely better in than verratti and that is doing goal kicks into the stand when we have a dangerous free kick situations, so whenever buffon will be unable to do goal kicks, pogba can fill in, no problem.

so your subconsciously know that pogba has a lot of things he could do better than he does right now, while you say verratti can't get any better at what he does ? in terms of physicality pogba has an advantage, no doubt, but the way he is physically superior to verratti he is inferiour in match intelligence.

and big LOL at people saying verratti has BAD vision. he is as close to pirlo as it gets right now, but perhaps the football manager you play does give a different "description" of the vision property of a player
Usual Veratti knee jerking mantra as always.Addicted to midget .Just praise for him and only criticizing Pogba.You sound like someone who hate Juve.We have different opinions on players.What's wrong with that?Go and watch Veratti and PSG games instead writing bullshit here.You will be more productive.And don't hide in the mice's hole the next game when Pogba will be awesome.At least be that decent.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Pogba is more complete player and better than veratti.
But veratti is better at passing and concentration.
Pogba just need to come back to his oldself.
Atm, he played worse than all of our midfilder.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Luckily you are here to raise the quality of this forum. Masses will learn from your heroic efforts, either in trolling or in writing a master bulshit posts.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I prefer Pogs between the two. Veratti is a rather fine player and wouldn't mind him here, but Pogs is genuine difference maker. I'll exclude the last few months as the team has been in chaotic state and we're still finding ourselves.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I prefer Pogs between the two. Veratti is a rather fine player and wouldn't mind him here, but Pogs is genuine difference maker. I'll exclude the last few months as the team has been in chaotic state and we're still finding ourselves.
Verratti is more integral to a team's functioning as his role is to orchestrate the midfield primarily and helping forwards secondarily. Every midfield needs someone like him. Pogba is more of a player that can add incredible potency to an already well-functioning midfield. At the moment we are lacking a player like Verratti more especially that marchisio is injured and has no substitute. However, if marotta does his job and brings in either a very young regista with great potential or a reliable veteran to play the vice marchisio role then we won't have to splash the cash over verratti. All we need is a proper vice-marchisio and you'll see Pogba enjoying the same attacking freedom as before. Just give him a well functioning midfield. The whole team would improve substantially.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Verratti is more integral to a team's functioning as his role is to orchestrate the midfield primarily and helping forwards secondarily. Every midfield needs someone like him. Pogba is more of a player that can add incredible potency to an already well-functioning midfield. At the moment we are lacking a player like Verratti more especially that marchisio is injured and has no substitute. However, if marotta does his job and brings in either a very young regista with great potential or a reliable veteran to play the vice marchisio role then we won't have to splash the cash over verratti. All we need is a proper vice-marchisio and you'll see Pogba enjoying the same attacking freedom as before. Just give him a well functioning midfield. The whole team would improve substantially.

This.Also I think that Veratti will hardly came here .He commented few times that Serie A is a low quality league.I think that he prefer Real and LaLiga then us.Also his price tag will be "sky is the limit" high.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
His job is not only attack area but also in defence.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am sure you will change your mind when Pogba is not our player and we get linked with Veratti at one time in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 216)