Paul Pogba (109 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
except when does. which is often.
Depends. If you consider that Ronaldo is a 100m player, we'd have to concede that Ronaldo's impact is a lot bigger than Pogba's. But I'd never sell him for that kind of money right now, because we are not going to be able to rebuild fast enough and at some point we need to keep our stars.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah probably. Weren't Man Utd going to pay 170 for Neymar or something like that?
I don't even doubt that rumour has something in it. You can't buy that kind of top shelf player, and United are one of 3-4 clubs who can afford that to offer that kind of money. Clearly Barcelona have no financial worries and know they can't replace him with someone as good. With a player like Neymar you make €50m from shirt sales, and he is worth even more on the pitch.

What United need to do is get in there for players when they are going for €80m-€90m, not after they've made their big move. They tried for Bale but lost, probably for lots of players. Manchester just doesn't have the draw of Madrid or Barcelona.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't even doubt that rumour has something in it. You can't buy that kind of top shelf player, and United are one of 3-4 clubs who can afford that to offer that kind of money. Clearly Barcelona have no financial worries and know they can't replace him with someone as good. With a player like Neymar you make €50m from shirt sales, and he is worth even more on the pitch.

What United need to do is get in there for players when they are going for €80m-€90m, not after they've made their big move. They tried for Bale but lost, probably for lots of players. Manchester just doesn't have the draw of Madrid or Barcelona.

But why would Neymar even think about the offer?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But why would Neymar even think about the offer?
He probably wouldn't, but United constantly have to be seen as at the top of the food chain by making these kind of approaches. Same reason they will throw €25m away on De Gea to not lose a key player to Real Madrid, they'd rather have goalkeeping problems all season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Depends. If you consider that Ronaldo is a 100m player, we'd have to concede that Ronaldo's impact is a lot bigger than Pogba's. But I'd never sell him for that kind of money right now, because we are not going to be able to rebuild fast enough and at some point we need to keep our stars.
i think we need to be patien too. it's easy to forget that pogba is still only 22. and it's interesting to look at his evolution as a player

started as a deep lying playmaker/dm hybrid for juve and france

evovled into a b2b/cm in second season

pure b2b in his third

and i think he will continue to evolve. vidal had 3 monster seasons when he was 3 years older than pogba. and pogba has more natuarl talent than vidal. maye not the same warrior spirit but u cant doubt his will to succeed

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Really depends on the player. I know these attempts at sarcasm are hilarious and all but Pogba is a sought after player with a high transfer value, who we don't want to sell.

I know people absolutely obsess about transfer fee bottom lines to the point it blinds them, but our wage bill for the year is about three times what we have spent net on the mercato so far in transfer fees. Getting a token €5m for Llorente is far more important than any of that, it's important to save face more than anything else.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I recall, somewere yesterday, Red, Salvo, Swag, Juvejay, where online at the same time, talking objective about this.

Some contrast this.

This forum should have a "no drama" section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)