Paul Pogba (190 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Maybe in a years time when Tevez sees out his contract that will help free up some more for a contract renewal but then again kiss the likes of signing a Falcao/Cavani away.

Pogba is indeed a game changer but I'd prefer a 20-25 goal a season striker because they will secure more points in a season than Pogba ever could.
you deserve a 15 year ban because of this post. then when you come back in 15 years the 1st thing to do is visit this thread and say "I'm sorry i ever doubted you Capitano" and then get banned again!!!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I completely disagree. First because a few years is not almost a decade, cause let's be honest they will win again next year and the next, and the next... A
few years is normal, it's when a player is at his peak it's always been like that. No matter if from Cruyff times or at Platini's. But then there was always new talent to challenge them and actually be better than them.

Second that when Zidane started winning it Football didn't have as much talent to offer anymore. Take that Brazilian generation Ronaldo, Rivaldo, etc out and what's left? Beckham? Figo? ffs.

We're not witnessing anything "special". they're breaking records because of the lack of overall quality that makes them look like Gods among men. You're being fooled by this.
They are breaking records that have been set by all the previous greats and are going way beyond them. Zidane was competing with the Brazilian generation, the italian generation (dP, totti, inzaghi, etc...) and the french generation (henry and co) for Ballod Dors. Even Argentina had crespo, ortega and lopez while the likes of schevshenko, rui costa, nedved, viera, owen, gerrard, lampard, scholes, and giggs were also around. The fact that zizou and Ronaldo were better than everyone around them does not make these players shit.

Similarly, the fact that messi and ronaldo are in a league of their own does not mean that the likes of suarez, Aguero, iniesta, bale,Ibra, falcao, robben, yaya, vidal and so on mediocre.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Bizzare to call yourself a football fan and say we aren't witnessing anything special for past 6-7 years with Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Have to be special kind of hater to deny what historical players they are.
:agree:

I don't like those players at all (personally find Ronaldo boring to watch these days, and Messi is an emotionless zombie) but they are both two incredible players with gob-smacking statistics. Both of these guys would have been absolute superstars in any era of football.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Keep in mind wages are a bigger issue than transfer fees... so a good portion of the Pogba sale would be banked so we can offer top wages IF we were to bring in WC players. My sense is that Juve won't. Players like Reus, etc are out of the question due to their wage demands. Verrati and Isco too since they make bank at PSG and Madrid. Juve are likely going to target the next level down.

Juve is going to look to Atletico Madrid and Dortmund's business models... Lacazette seems the perfect target along with Aymeric Laporte of Bilbao, Moutinho of Monaco, etc.
If we sell Pogba and sign players like Moutinho, Lacazette etc. Marotta should be sacked on the spot. And I'm his number 1 fanboy.

That's why we should try to keep him at all costs. Look at what happened to Liverpool and Tottenhan when they sold their prized assets. That's our reality.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
They are breaking records that have been set by all the previous greats and are going way beyond them. Zidane was competing with the Brazilian generation, the italian generation (dP, totti, inzaghi, etc...) and the french generation (henry and co) for Ballod Dors. Even Argentina had crespo, ortega and lopez while the likes of schevshenko, rui costa, nedved, viera, owen, gerrard, lampard, scholes, and giggs were also around. The fact that zizou and Ronaldo were better than everyone around them does not make these players shit.

Similarly, the fact that messi and ronaldo are in a league of their own does not mean that the likes of suarez, Aguero, iniesta, bale,Ibra, falcao, robben, yaya, vidal and so on mediocre.
I already explained why they're breaking records, not going to do it again. And please do me a favor, name centerbacks from Ronaldo/Messi's era who are regarded as legends. With enough talent to be up there with the best of all time. While you're at it, do the same for fullbacks. Nothing? Aw.

And it's also cute to see how fairplay is like a shield for both players, how they're protected from referees. Easy to get past a defender who won't try to kill you afterwards. I'd love to see Messi or Ronaldo facing the likes of Goicoetxea, Baresi, Aldair, Gentile, etc... They'd probably leave them behind but there would be a price.

I never said those players mentioned were mediocre. We're talking about two completely different things here. Those were/are good players but none achieved 'one of the best of all time' status for obvious reasons. I'm talking about the greats, the greats only. And my point is still the same, in any other time in history there was talent in abundance, there were several players who challenged themselves to whom was the best and not just two above the rest. The reason there is only Ronaldo and Messi is simple and clear, Football can't produce anyone good enough to even compete.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

I don't like those players at all (personally find Ronaldo boring to watch these days, and Messi is an emotionless zombie) but they are both two incredible players with gob-smacking statistics. Both of these guys would have been absolute superstars in any era of football.
No one said they wouldn't be great players. No one is saying they're not truly talented. ffs let's get this straight. The point is in any other era they would face fierce competition and would never be able to maintain the status of best every year for a decade (cause again, we know they'll win again next year and the next...)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i want to him score goals and assist on a regular basis like lampard did for chelsea.

i think he could reach 15 goals this season. he is on 8 goals and 2 assists so far

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No one said they wouldn't be great players. No one is saying they're not truly talented. ffs let's get this straight. The point is in any other era they would face fierce competition and would never be able to maintain the status of best every year for a decade (cause again, we know they'll win again next year and the next...)
:tup:

I don't see why people find this hard to understand. They'd be world class stars in any era, amongst the best. Sure.

But people have this ludicrous tendency to place them as the two best players of all-time entirely due to the inflated statistics of the modern era. It's ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)