Paul Pogba (192 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Can he be Pirlo's heir?

What says the Tuz?
I believe he could, he impressed me in that position during the u-20 worldcup. Even if he is not exactly the same type of player as Pirlo im sure he could play that role with great succes in Juventus. With Pogba in that role, I would like to see more creativity upfront. I like the 3-5-2 but Pirlo is vital in it. I like the 3-5-2 to be honest, but without Pirlo in the future I would like to see a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 formation in the future.

Vidal-Pogba-Marchisio/Asamoah

Di Maria/Mata-Tevez-Vucinic

Di Maria or Mata is just an example, if Berardi develop he could be a nice player for the 4-3-3.

Pogba in the Pirlo role with more creativity, speed, players who could create on their own in the attack.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I had a feeling Pirlo is the reason or one of the reasons (we lack wingers of course). He's not good at defending and if he's man marked 3rd CB in this case Bonucci takes the play maker role. Without Pirlo one day Pogba could offer more solidity to defense and we might change to 433 imo. His role could be similar to the one he played for France this summer.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Pirlo isn't the reason why we play with 3 CB's, actually I thought he did better at 433.
No he isen't, but his creativity is vital for it, and with 2 players upfront and none offensive wingers. That's why I would like to see the 4-3-3 when Pirlo quits Juventus, add some creativity upfront, and that would balance up with our midfield lacking a playmaker.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'd prefer to see him in a role where he gets to cover the length of the pitch, stretching those long legs and making tackles, pouncing off weak little Fabios with his shoulders.

Apr 19, 2007
I agree...he could play that position but not be the passer pirlo is so we should look for a more attacking midfielder if we continue with this formation. Maybe a modric type who can deliver creatively but also can defend a bit positionally

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think he can be played there. We lose some of the passing accuracy of pirlo but we gain more presence with pogs ball dominion and box to box skills.

Its an interesting trade off for those games that pirlo is man marked to death.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Guys, lets think with our brains for a moment.

Pïrlo is the only playmaker in our team. We badly need one as seen in games without pirlo, we struggle and fall down into just running and punching the opposing team.

Pogba, is not a playmaker. He's an awesome allround talented CM, and will replace Marchisio in the future, but he's not a CM. His creativity is limited to longer passes or individual actions

Pirlo must be replaced by a real playmaker.

Ideally, a transition regista, such as xabi alonso, as pogba will take a while to become defensivelty and tactically better then marchisio

but once he is, we can totally play vidal-pogba, and have a CAM/trequartista in front

But no, Pogba cannot replace pirlo. And no 3 fancy forwards wont change that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)