Paul Pogba (78 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm so $#@!ing psyked to have this player here. Our midfield is brimming with ridiculous amounts of quality :lol:

If claims of being in the top 5 European midfields last season were premature, they certainly are not this season. It's immense.
That being said, we need to be much better taking in consideration the players and the hype we have created.

As long s we continue shocking in Europe... our so called super mid will be more of a "fan cult" than a reality.

Im happy with what we have, but i want much more that what im seeing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That being said, we need to be much better taking in consideration the players and the hype we have created.

As long s we continue shocking in Europe... our so called super mid will be more of a "fan cult" than a reality.

Im happy with what we have, but i want much more that what im seeing.
Inexperience has nothing to do with raw talent. The only properly experienced championsleague players we have are Buffon and Pirlo, perhaps Vucinic but far from experienced enough. Our coach only has 1 season of top league football under his belt. The quality there is plainly obvious, just as it is in City - but look at their second season in the champions league, an absolute disaster.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Odd one the way Ferguson dealt with Pogba.

For a manager that isn't shy about throwing young players into the team and giving them a fair amount of playing time, it seems very strange that he played Pogba so little, considering how talented he seems to be and how weak Man Utd have been in central midfield in the last couple of years.
Ravel Morrison another of their best youth talents left them for a lack of playing time aswell.

Ferguson gets it wrong alot of the times regarding players. Pogba is not the first nor will he be the last.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Watching the goal again, I only just realised that the stadium announcer says "Paul Labile" before the crowd shouts "POGBA"

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ravel Morrison another of their best youth talents left them for a lack of playing time aswell.

Ferguson gets it wrong alot of the times regarding players. Pogba is not the first nor will he be the last.
Morrison forced the club to sell him, and it wasn't for lack of playing time.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiola is a parasite ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Wasn't Morrison the one that kept getting in trouble with the law?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
great display..easily the mom.

but let's not kid ourself though..words at wc are still far away

- - - Updated - - -

great display..easily the mom.

but let's not kid ourself though..words at wc are still far away

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Inexperience has nothing to do with raw talent. The only properly experienced championsleague players we have are Buffon and Pirlo, perhaps Vucinic but far from experienced enough. Our coach only has 1 season of top league football under his belt. The quality there is plainly obvious, just as it is in City - but look at their second season in the champions league, an absolute disaster.
I fuckin love your avatar.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Morrison was getting in trouble constantly.

I'm not aware of Pogba having had any off-field issues to make Ferguson hold him back.

Ferguson has made plenty of mistakes, but I can't think of many talented youngsters he's lost after not giving them a fair chance to prove themselves.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
What I think of him so far

He has a very dangerous shot, and I think it's very important we have more players who can get us goals from outside the box every now and then.

He gets himself into good positions going forward and is a constant threat.

He has classy technique.

He is a decent passer, and despite a few errors, remains fairly consistent.

He has tremendous composure.

He is a constant aerial threat.

He can be effective defensively when he wants.

He has fire in his belly.

I can't wait to see more of him but the signs are very promising untill now.
I think he needs to work on a few things. He tends to lose concentration every now and then and kind if drifts away. His long ball delivery could be improved, often times his long range passes have a bit too much pace in them, although his pass to giach was exceptionally well done. I'd like to see him have more shots on goal. I don't have too many complaints about this guy.

He's 19, playing for the biggest club in Italy, with one of the best midfields in the world, and has consistently done well when given the chance, and he seems to do very well when played in a more advanced position. This is the sort of player, if nurtured well by Conte, can be one of the club's greats. Immense talent. Will definitely give Vidal and Marchisio plenty to think about if he keeps this up.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
He has a very dangerous shot, and I think it's very important we have more players who can get us goals from outside the box every now and then.
This is huge.

The biggest problem with our attack is that it's too predictable.

Opposing teams know that when Pirlo has the ball he'll look for the pass into the box or lob over the top. When Marchisio has it he'll try the one-two with Vucinic or Seba. When Vidal has it he'll try to play a through ball or beat a man.

Having the long range goal threat means that defenders can't just hang back and wait for us to make our move. They'll have to send a man to attack the ball to deny the long shot, which opens up more space for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 66)