Paul Pogba (138 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
because I don't believe Pogba is worth 100m. What he has going for him was his age, the massive hype that was created and potentia.
When guys like ronaldo, Zidane etc went for those massive fee's it was because they dominated on the pitch in a way Pogba has not done and probably won't do.

I love Pogba and he's an amazing footballer but he's not a 100m euro footballer.
He's clearly worth far more than 70 mil. And he has shown this year that he can absolutely dominate matches, including in the CL. There is not a single player with the hype Pogba has right now, and that will continue to grow for at least another 2-3 years.

If you think he's peaked as a player and won't continue to improve, at the age of 22, then you're crazy. He's improved at a rapid rate for 3 years now and shows no signs of regressing. He's a hard worker and is motivated to be the best in the world, and he's nowhere near his prime yet.

At 25, he's going to be an untouchable player, a Messi or a Ronaldo. A player that is almost priceless. And it would be stupid for us to sell him already, especially considering Pogba himself has not given a single sign that he's unhappy here or wants out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He said we should sell him last summer too. And look at this, we've won another scudetto, we're in Coppa final, and most importantly we're in CL semis... Yep. We really needed to sell Pogba to improve. :lol:
how long do you realistically think we can hold off the admirers and their money?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He said we should sell him last summer too. And look at this, we've won another scudetto, we're in Coppa final, and most importantly we're in CL semis... Yep. We really needed to sell Pogba to improve. :lol:
thats patethic actually. it saddens me to see we have fans who think so lowly about this club

- - - Updated - - -

how long do you realistically think we can hold off the admirers and their money?
quite simple. as long as he wants to stay here.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
thats patethic actually. it saddens me to see we have fans who think so lowly about this club

- - - Updated - - -

quite simple. as long as he wants to stay here.
I am guessing Pogba wouldn't think moving to Barca/Real would be the worst idea. Especially since Raiola is hooking meetings up.

- - - Updated - - -

@Suns - Are you in Copenhagen drinking again? I'll pick you up and send you home. Swedish people can't hold their liquor.
Aldrig vart i Köpenhamn :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Very easily until after Euro 2016. Who knows after that. It's 15 months away. But there is no way we should be selling him before that tournament, especially considering he hasn't given any reason for us to believe he wants to leave this summer. It would be a crime against reason to sell him before then.

Stop being ridiculous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
because I don't believe Pogba is worth 100m. What he has going for him was his age, the massive hype that was created and potentia.
When guys like ronaldo, Zidane etc went for those massive fee's it was because they dominated on the pitch in a way Pogba has not done and probably won't do.

I love Pogba and he's an amazing footballer but he's not a 100m euro footballer.
He might though. He's very young. But what bothers me is that he hasn't come out and said he'll stay.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
we don't gain anything from waiting. It's a lose-lose situation. If he starts dominating even more on the pitch, his value will still be at 100m and he'd only be justyfing his inflated price tag(not like value will go up much more anyway, teams just don't pay more than 100m). The risks on the other hand outweigh the positives we could get out of one more season with Pogba.

There is no point in having to replace players who were so essential to our success like Tevez, Pogba, Pirlo, Evra, Barzagli in one summer. That is a recipe for disaster.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
we don't gain anything from waiting. It's a lose-lose situation. If he starts dominating even more on the pitch, his value will still be at 100m and he'd only justify his inflated price tag(not like value will go up much more anyway, teams just don't justify paying more than 100m). The risks on the other hand outweigh the positives we could get out of one more season with Pogba.

There is no point in having to replace players who were so essential to our success like Tevez, Pogba, Pirlo, Evra, Barzagli in one summer. That is a recipe for disaster.
Pirlo isn't even a member of our strongest XI anymore. Why do you keep mentioning him? We don't have to replace him in the slightest.

Barza has a couple years left, he's still our best defender, and arguably the best defender in Serie A. We fully own the best young defender in Serie A, Rugani. I'm pretty sure our management is considering him as the Barza replacement when the time comes.

We only signed Evra this year. It's not like he's some long-term starter in need of replacement. We have Asamoah also.

Tevez is the only player you mention in need of replacement in summer 2016. And it sounds like we'll be going in for a forward or two this summer, without needing to sell Pogba.

Stop acting disingenuous. It is very clear that keeping a 22 year player who is already a top 10 midfielder in the world for another season is much more advantageous to Juventus, than going through the risks of reinvesting 100 mil in the transfer market with the potential to buy overpriced flops like Tottenham and others have done after selling top players for big fees. Everyone is looking to overcharge you when they know you have that money. Pogba will be even better next year.

You're the one single member that thinks this. Our management doesn't think it. Our board doesn't think it. Our coach doesn't think it. Pogba doesn't think it. Raiola doesn't even seem to think it. Selling him this summer would be stupid. He's the face of the new generation of football stars. What that means for Juve both on the field and in terms of marketing and commercial appeal is worth far more than 80-100 mil this summer. Keeping him until after Euro 2016, a tournament in France, which he will very likely be the face of, is the only sane option. And yes, his value will absolutely go up if he has an even better season next year, and then a dominant Euros.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
we don't gain anything from waiting. It's a lose-lose situation. If he starts dominating even more on the pitch, his value will still be at 100m and he'd only be justyfing his inflated price tag(not like value will go up much more anyway, teams just don't pay more than 100m). The risks on the other hand outweigh the positives we could get out of one more season with Pogba.

We're most likely getting Dybala this summer, that is a hopeful Tevez replacement. We have Asamoah to replace Evra already. So if we hang on to Pogba one season more we're replacing him and Barzagli next summer, that seems doable to me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We're most likely getting Dybala this summer, that is a hopeful Tevez replacement. We have Asamoah to replace Evra already. So if we hang on to Pogba one season more we're replacing him and Barzagli next summer, that seems doable to me.
We already own Rugani, so I'm guessing the idea is for him to return to Juve and be in the rotation for our CBs as potential Barza replacement.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We already own Rugani, so I'm guessing the idea is for him to return to Juve and be in the rotation for our CBs as potential Barza replacement.
It would be great if Rugani could step in and fill those shoes, but I doubt he is going to do that. With time he might become as good, but I don't think he is ready to start for us, nor will he be next season. We need a high profile CB to replace Barza imo, then Rugani can rotate with Chiello and Bonbon.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great if Rugani could step in and fill those shoes, but I doubt he is going to do that. With time he might become as good, but I don't think he is ready to start for us, nor will he be next season. We need a high profile CB to replace Barza imo, then Rugani can rotate with Chiello and Bonbon.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we sell Ogbonna, we probably will buy a top CB, but only if that happens. Otherwise, we'll bring RUgani back and have him in the rotation for a year or two with Barza still here, to learn and grow at a big club.

I think you're underestimating him. He's been absolutely brilliant for Empoli this year.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If we sell Ogbonna, we probably will buy a top CB, but only if that happens. Otherwise, we'll bring RUgani back and have him in the rotation for a year or two with Barza still here, to learn and grow at a big club.

I think you're underestimating him. He's been absolutely brilliant for Empoli this year.
I might be, only watched a few of their games this season. I wouldnt feel comfortable placing the burden of replacing Barzagli on an unproven CB talent, regardless of potential. I do hope we bring him in this year so we can better judge his capabilities though. Either way, Pogba shouldnt be sold this summer. It would be idiotic beyond all measures.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Nah, we won't be bringing in any top CB. Perhaps a depth option if we sell Ogbonna, or a promising youngster, but no starter for sure.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I might be, only watched a few of their games this season. I wouldnt feel comfortable placing the burden of replacing Barzagli on an unproven CB talent, regardless of potential. I do hope we bring him in this year so we can better judge his capabilities though. Either way, Pogba shouldnt be sold this summer. It would be idiotic beyond all measures.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, we won't be bringing in any top CB. Perhaps a depth option if we sell Ogbonna, or a promising youngster, but no starter for sure.
Yeah. I didn't word that right. I didn't mean an expensive one. I just meant someone who could compete for playing time, and potentially even supplant a starter over the course of a couple years. Someone like Rugani. But aside from him, another CB. :D

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
if we go 3-5-2 for next season surly we dont need to ogbonna but if allegri switch to 4-3-1-2 we need to a CB and put him in a 4 back or on the outside of the LCB or RCB in the back 3 and Lich's not great either.we should get rugani or any CB we have some problems in our defense position at this season our defense isnt good enough to progress to the CL. im glad about rugani. rugani's well protected in the middle of the back three and it lets him play to his advantages.i think we need to start seriously consider bringing in a replacement for Lich and martin over the next season.Lich has done shit this season who many around here thought was uncertain.caceres and asamoah are injured and we havent suitable choice for 4-3-1-2.it can happen for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)