Paul Pogba (158 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Can you imagine what would happen to Rabiot if he even attempted something like this man...

If he's even 60% of this player we're golden. So fucking good. Ball control, vision, intelligence in tight spaces, always draws multiple people and creates extra open space for teammates. :green:
Yes but can we also find a new Vidal please? And somehow get Verratti on a free transfer.

May 23, 2013
Either he will remain injury ridden and demotivated as he was at United and this will be a horrible transfer. Or he will somewhat resemble his Juventus self and that would make this a tremendous transfer. If he can rekindle some of his former form then I think we will see a brilliant relationship form between himself and Vlahovic.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Either he will remain injury ridden and demotivated as he was at United and this will be a horrible transfer. Or he will somewhat resemble his Juventus self and that would make this a tremendous transfer. If he can rekindle some of his former form then I think we will see a brilliant relationship form between himself and Vlahovic.
Hes produced at elite levels when at Man U, objectively speaking. Durability is the main issue I would have, but when fit hes still a great player that just gets micro-analyzed because of his status.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Hes produced at elite levels when at Man U, objectively speaking. Durability is the main issue I would have, but when fit hes still a great player that just gets micro-analyzed because of his status.
He also produced abysmal levels at Man U and cost them goals by nonchalantly losing possession around their box and not tracking back. He had 2 assists/no goals in his last 23 games for them. A fully fit and motivated Pogba is a superb player. The question is whether we will see that.

I actually think we can get him motivated, at least in the short term. His injury record is worrying though, we have enough issues with injuries and he is nearing his 30s.

Given how bad our midfield is and our lack of funds it is probably a risk worth taking.But it will come down to his wages and signing bonuses. We can't afford to use a huge chunk of our salary budget on a guy who misses 20 to 30 games in a season.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
He also produced abysmal levels at Man U and cost them goals by nonchalantly losing possession around their box and not tracking back. He went had 2 assists/no goals in his last 23 games for them. A fully fit and motivated Pogba is a superb player. The question is whether we will see that.

I actually think we can get him motivated, at least in the short term. His injury record is worrying though, we have enough issues with injuries and he is nearing his 30s.

Given how bad our midfield is and our lack of funds it is probably a risk worth taking.But it will come down to his wages and signing bonuses. We can't afford to use a huge chunk of our salary budget on a guy who misses 20 to 30 games in a season.
Physically he is nowhere near to the old Pogba let's see how much he will get exposed in the slower tempo of serie a.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He also produced abysmal levels at Man U and cost them goals by nonchalantly losing possession around their box and not tracking back. He went had 2 assists/no goals in his last 23 games for them..
This is what I mean when I say micro analyzing. You can do this with any player. SMS had two separate month long spells with zero goals and zero assists, for example. It happens, except SMS doesn't have people sitting around waiting for him to fail.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This is what I mean when I say micro analyzing. You can do this with any player. SMS had two separate month long spells with zero goals and zero assists, for example. It happens, except SMS doesn't have people sitting around waiting for him to fail.
I don't think is micro analysing. You assess each player's strengths and weaknesses. If you are going to say he has been elite level and pay him an elite salary, you can't ignore period where he has gone almost half a season with 2 assists or that he has cost goals or regularly missed around 20 games in a season. 3 seasons ago he missed more than 30 games. You have to weigh it all up and come up with what you are willing to value him at.

But it is the weaknesses that mean we have a chance of getting him. If we are honest if he was a success at Man Utd we'd be priced out of a move and there'd be far more competition from top clubs.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I also have some reservations for SMS because he was also abysmal on big scene - Lazio short cameo in CL and his NT world Cup games.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah I'm worried SMS won't live up to expectations here although he obviously looks like a great player
I would love us to sign him, but it's just not certain he succeeds, this is not Nedveds Lazio, this team is mediocre as it gets. Luis Alberto, Acerbic and Immobile are stars there, so who knows.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
On Pogba it's only a matter of injuries, SMS is some kind of enigma because he only played few games on that highest level and didn't shine at all.
honestly I would still take SMS over Pogba and I’m a Pogba fan. I just think SMS is great. Dunno about the big game performances I didn’t pay that much attention, but he needs to get away from Lazio ASAP

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I would love us to sign him, but it's just not certain he succeeds, this is not Nedveds Lazio, this team is mediocre as it gets. Luis Alberto, Acerbic and Immobile are stars there, so who knows.
There's no real reason not to sign him, I'll be happy if he comes. It's just a hunch I have when we make expensive signings of players not proven on at a higher level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)