Paul Pogba (69 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The way I see it is, who cares as long as he's producing on the pitch?
will he perform at his best when he spends a lot of energy on useless stuff like his hairstyle and his fucking image? the way i see it: he's slowly becoming more of a celebrity than an actual footballer, and of course it affects his performance. it started with the adidas saga and he never looked back ever since.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
will he perform at his best when he spends a lot of energy on useless stuff like his hairstyle and his fucking image? the way i see it: he's slowly becoming more of a celebrity than an actual footballer, and of course it affects his performance. it started with the adidas saga and he never looked back ever since.
I will have to disagree. So long as he takes care of himself, trains hard and does his best on the pitch, what he does in his free time is his business. I think its easy to blame these things when he isn't at his best on the pitch, but what happens when he finds his form again, and he's still doing these things. People will forget about his haircuts, his cars, his dancing and his "poghouse" or whatever.

For example, I don't think Neymar is that different than Pogba in his off field behavior and interests. But because Neymar is doing well, people aren't jumping on his case yet.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...So long as he takes care of himself, trains hard and does his best on the pitch, what he does in his free time is his business. I think its easy to blame these things when he isn't at his best on the pitch, but what happens when he finds his form again, and he's still doing these things. ...
completely agreed, but as i get it, pogba has been pretty far from his best form since he moved away from juve. it could be both dd and mou misusing him, he surely has a different role in both teams, and that results in different decision making, different stats, etc - or he simply thinks he achieved something with all those fat paychecks, and that halted his progress as a player. pogba is still young, his focus should 100% be on the pitch and his progress.

pogba himself has a rare talent too, but neymar is on a different level. he has messi/cr kind of potential, and it's down to his work ethics only whether he'll achieve the same status.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
completely agreed, but as i get it, pogba has been pretty far from his best form since he moved away from juve. it could be both dd and mou misusing him, he surely has a different role in both teams, and that results in different decision making, different stats, etc - or he simply thinks he achieved something with all those fat paychecks, and that halted his progress as a player. pogba is still young, his focus should 100% be on the pitch and his progress.

pogba himself has a rare talent too, but neymar is on a different level. he has messi/cr kind of potential, and it's down to his work ethics only whether he'll achieve the same status.
Ya he definitely hasn't been at his best. I think that is mostly for footballing reasons though, and not off the field ones. IMO he doesn't play to his strengths anymore. He wants to be a playmaker and an attacking midfielder, he wants to be more or less a Zidane, when he's more like a rich man's Yaya Toure. Personally I think his decline started from his last season at Juve when he was given the #10, that was when he convinced himself that he no longer needed to put a defensive shift in as he used to.

Ya of course I wasn't comparing Pogba's talent to Neymar's, I think the latter is already world class and will soon be a legend. I was mainly talking about how both are similar off the pitch in terms of their flashy lifestyles. Still, both are also hard workers in training and look after themselves, so IMO in both their cases their off field behavior won't effect their football that much, but because they are both so flashy whenever things don't go well for them, I think people will be quick to jump on the selfies, the dancing and the flashy lifestyle.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ya he definitely hasn't been at his best. I think that is mostly for footballing reasons though, and not off the field ones. IMO he doesn't play to his strengths anymore. He wants to be a playmaker and an attacking midfielder, he wants to be more or less a Zidane, when he's more like a rich man's Yaya Toure. Personally I think his decline started from his last season at Juve when he was given the #10, that was when he convinced himself that he no longer needed to put a defensive shift in as he used to.

Ya of course I wasn't comparing Pogba's talent to Neymar's, I think the latter is already world class and will soon be a legend. I was mainly talking about how both are similar off the pitch in terms of their flashy lifestyles. Still, both are also hard workers in training and look after themselves, so IMO in both their cases their off field behavior won't effect their football that much, but because they are both so flashy whenever things don't go well for them, I think people will be quick to jump on the selfies, the dancing and the flashy lifestyle.
There is absolutely no evidence at all that Pogba is a hard worker on or off the pitch. It has nothing to do with his social media junk. There's no evidence he's a particularly hard worker in training, or that he looks after himself and his body like a Ronaldo or a Messi. He's underperformed massively for 2 years at United, with Mourinho shifting him into several different roles, trying to play defensive minded mids beside him, signing Matic, all to allow Pogba more freedom to go forward and not track back. He's one of the laziest CMs I've seen on the pitch. As evidenced by the ludicrous comparison he made of himself walking around the pitch to Messi walking around the pitch.

And no, Pogba was nowhere near as ridiculous and all over on social media at Juve as he has been at ManU, though part of that is likely taking control of his image rights, as iirc he didn't own them until the summer he left.

As a counterpoint, I always liked Pjanic at Roma and Lyon, but thought he was quite lazy and inconsistent. However, dude has worked his ass off since coming here, and turned into quite a defensively sound, hard working, responsible player (even if not perfect). He's also improved his fitness and stamina here. Pogba, since going to ManU has done the exact opposite.

So perhaps it's just environment, money gone to his head, being enabled. I don't know. Maybe a return to a no-nonsense club like Juventus/Bayern/whatever other top club would help him. Who knows. But if he doesn't get his attitude and mentality sorted, he's never going to be one of the best CMs in football, let alone the very best, which is what looked inevitable while at Juve.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He was most likely on certain degree of check here in Juve. maybe he was hesitant to be THAT extravagant because everyone here is so serious about their job that he felt the pressure of behaving.

But in ManU GHe unelashed it

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He was most likely on certain degree of check here in Juve. maybe he was hesitant to be THAT extravagant because everyone here is so serious about their job that he felt the pressure of behaving.

But in ManU GHe unelashed it
at ManU he gets encouraged to do stupid things i imagine. gotta feed all their followers that know shit about football with BS every day

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Y, him and Kante are hell of a duo. France havent got a good central defense, but with these 2 they might get away with that and Pogba is also contributing plenty in attack

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I will have to disagree. So long as he takes care of himself, trains hard and does his best on the pitch, what he does in his free time is his business. I think its easy to blame these things when he isn't at his best on the pitch, but what happens when he finds his form again, and he's still doing these things. People will forget about his haircuts, his cars, his dancing and his "poghouse" or whatever.

For example, I don't think Neymar is that different than Pogba in his off field behavior and interests. But because Neymar is doing well, people aren't jumping on his case yet.
The key here is takes care of himself, staying in the spotlight for marketing or whatever does the exact opposite, not only is distracting it is psychologically taxing and can turn pathological when you yourself buy your own hype.pogba needs to make a choice asap if he wants to be a great footballer or an instagram ho.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The key here is takes care of himself, staying in the spotlight for marketing or whatever does the exact opposite, not only is distracting it is psychologically taxing and can turn pathological when you yourself buy your own hype.pogba needs to make a choice asap if he wants to be a great footballer or an instagram ho.
could do both like ronaldo who was always a diva. Ronaldo's image was style & mad fitness though... and he is ronaldo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)