Paul Pogba (81 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The key here is takes care of himself, staying in the spotlight for marketing or whatever does the exact opposite, not only is distracting it is psychologically taxing and can turn pathological when you yourself buy your own hype.pogba needs to make a choice asap if he wants to be a great footballer or an instagram ho.
Keywords. he feed his ego with his own bullshid, is like a coping mechanism to vent his frustration about not being the Pogba all loved anymore, at least for his football attributes. Instead he gets blasted in the media and he counter attacks with hype.

could do both like ronaldo who was always a diva. Ronaldo's image was style & mad fitness though... and he is ronaldo
yeh, he is maybe one of the few who can pull it properly because he backs up all his bullshid with excellency on the field, and off it, because is very well known ronaldo trains like a freak to support his unique talent. He is kinda gayish and self gloated, but Pogba is way beyond that, he simply ridiculous and clownish, a wannabe ballon dor.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There is absolutely no evidence at all that Pogba is a hard worker on or off the pitch. It has nothing to do with his social media junk. There's no evidence he's a particularly hard worker in training, or that he looks after himself and his body like a Ronaldo or a Messi. He's underperformed massively for 2 years at United, with Mourinho shifting him into several different roles, trying to play defensive minded mids beside him, signing Matic, all to allow Pogba more freedom to go forward and not track back. He's one of the laziest CMs I've seen on the pitch. As evidenced by the ludicrous comparison he made of himself walking around the pitch to Messi walking around the pitch.

And no, Pogba was nowhere near as ridiculous and all over on social media at Juve as he has been at ManU, though part of that is likely taking control of his image rights, as iirc he didn't own them until the summer he left.

As a counterpoint, I always liked Pjanic at Roma and Lyon, but thought he was quite lazy and inconsistent. However, dude has worked his ass off since coming here, and turned into quite a defensively sound, hard working, responsible player (even if not perfect). He's also improved his fitness and stamina here. Pogba, since going to ManU has done the exact opposite.

So perhaps it's just environment, money gone to his head, being enabled. I don't know. Maybe a return to a no-nonsense club like Juventus/Bayern/whatever other top club would help him. Who knows. But if he doesn't get his attitude and mentality sorted, he's never going to be one of the best CMs in football, let alone the very best, which is what looked inevitable while at Juve.
I beg to differ about evidence on the pitch; even when he doesn't play well he is always one of the most involved players in the game, he is everywhere and probably makes more touches on the ball than anyone else at Utd(along with Matic, maybe). In addition to that, even in a league that has a lot of no talent brutes like the EPL, he is physically imposing, his upper body strength is amazing, the way he covers the ball and players bounce off him is evidence of that.

As for off the pitch and in training, neither of us can really produce hard evidence either way. But the fact is you don't have and maintain the kind of physical ability Pogba displays without working hard off the pitch and taking care of your body, can we agree on that at least?

As for him underperforming, of course he has, they bought him for a record sum at the time, they didn't buy him to be a good but inconsistent midfielder(which is what he has been for them in the past two years) they bought him to become one of the best midfielders and players in the world, obviously he hasn't been anywhere near consistent enough. Still, I think there is a lot of exaggeration about how poor his performances have been. Has he met expectations and is he playing at his best? No of course not. But he's been decent overall, he definitely hasn't been poor by any stretch.

That being said, I don't think he ever will get back to his best, if he doesn't go back to playing to his strengths. Someone here mentioned how it was easy for him playing alongside Pirlo, and this is where my problem with him is, he thinks he's a playmaker in the mould of Pirlo, Veron and those kind of players when he's more of a Yaya Toure box to box technical type of midfielder.

The key here is takes care of himself, staying in the spotlight for marketing or whatever does the exact opposite, not only is distracting it is psychologically taxing and can turn pathological when you yourself buy your own hype.pogba needs to make a choice asap if he wants to be a great footballer or an instagram ho.
I find it as ridiculous as all you guys do, but I just don't see the causal relationship. Why can't he do both really? I think this is a case of a player not meeting expectations and the easiest thing to point your finger towards is what is most visible, which is his social media persona. What happens when he gets back to his best, and he's still maintaining this social media persona?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He doesn't work hard at all. Watch a few more ManU matches. Any time things start going poorly, his head drops, and he starts walking around the pitch. He doesn't track back when ManU doesn't have the ball, usually walks or jogs lazily. His tackles per game have dropped both years at ManU, so there's tangible evidence that he isn't working hard when his team doesn't have the ball. He averaged 1.2 tackles per game this season in the EPL. He was over 2 every season in Serie A. He only averaged 0.8 interceptions this year. He's simply not trying on the defensive end. Every time I watch United, they give up chances due to Pogba being defensively lazy and irresponsible.

No one would say he doesn't get involved in the build-up and attacking play. He does. And when he's on his game, and keeping things simple mostly, choosing smart moments to utilize his bag of tricks, he's great. But when he isn't on, and is trying nonsense almost every time he touches the ball he is a large part of why United's attack is so dysfunctional, his desire to dipsy-doodle around, his often idiotic decision-making as far as trying to take on groups of players and dribble through them, instead of making a simple pass... he was in very poor form for a large part of the season. Especially in the meat of the season in CL knockout rounds, and through the winter when City left ManU completely in their dust as United was drawing and losing to relegation teams with Pogba putting in horror performances and getting dropped from the starting XI.

While he was decent for much of the first season he was at United, he was most definitely poor for a large part of this past season. He has lots of time to fulfil his potential, but the last 2 seasons he played like a 30-40mil player, nowhere near a 100 mil player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He doesn't work hard at all. Watch a few more ManU matches. Any time things start going poorly, his head drops, and he starts walking around the pitch. He doesn't track back when ManU doesn't have the ball, usually walks or jogs lazily. His tackles per game have dropped both years at ManU, so there's tangible evidence that he isn't working hard when his team doesn't have the ball. He averaged 1.2 tackles per game this season in the EPL. He was over 2 every season in Serie A. He only averaged 0.8 interceptions this year. He's simply not trying on the defensive end. Every time I watch United, they give up chances due to Pogba being defensively lazy and irresponsible.

No one would say he doesn't get involved in the build-up and attacking play. He does. And when he's on his game, and keeping things simple mostly, choosing smart moments to utilize his bag of tricks, he's great. But when he isn't on, and is trying nonsense almost every time he touches the ball he is a large part of why United's attack is so dysfunctional, his desire to dipsy-doodle around, his often idiotic decision-making as far as trying to take on groups of players and dribble through them, instead of making a simple pass... he was in very poor form for a large part of the season. Especially in the meat of the season in CL knockout rounds, and through the winter when City left ManU completely in their dust as United was drawing and losing to relegation teams with Pogba putting in horror performances and getting dropped from the starting XI.

While he was decent for much of the first season he was at United, he was most definitely poor for a large part of this past season. He has lots of time to fulfil his potential, but the last 2 seasons he played like a 30-40mil player, nowhere near a 100 mil player.

I watch most Utd games actually, I live in a different city during weekdays(Sunday is a weekday here) and my flatmate and best friend is unfortunately a United fan :p

The bolded part is definitely true, and I mention that he doesn't think of himself as a midfielder that has to defend in my two previous posts. But that in my opinion is more due to this false idea he has of himself being a playmaker than a lack of hard work. Also you mention another thing that I agree with fully, which is that he needs to keep it simple and choose when to utilize his bag of tricks, this is definitely another thing that is holding him back. If he goes back to being the player he was at Juventus, IMO he would flourish at Utd and the NT, but he now wants to be a playmaker that dominates the skills highlights at the end of every game.

However while all that keeps him from being the 100M player that he should be, he still chips in with a decent amount of goals, assists and creates a lot of chances. Not as much as he should, but not bad enough that I would characterize him as poor. Also the thing we disagree with is whether him not reaching his potential has anything to do with his off field persona. Personally I don't think it does, but I can't prove it, until he actually gets back to his best while still maintaining his ridiculous behavior off the field :p

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
From what I've seen from Fred, he's got vision and passing ability to alleviate our lack of creativity against teams who sit deep. It should free up Pogba as furtherest midfielder in midfield three linking up with our forwards which brought the best of him at Juventus.
So are you going to conquer Europe or at least England next season? Will it be your year?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
From what I've seen from Fred, he's got vision and passing ability to alleviate our lack of creativity against teams who sit deep. It should free up Pogba as furtherest midfielder in midfield three linking up with our forwards which brought the best of him at Juventus.
Have you really watched me play?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Question

Pogba has a buyback clause of 60 mils on his contract?
Do you think it is logical for a team to buy a player and put a sum that is below the sum they paid for him as buyback clause?! We would have activated it 1 second after he signed for them...
If only we could bring him back... I wouldnt even mind A.Sandro Pogba swap (although Im sure Man Utd would mind...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)