Paul Pogba (130 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 29, 2006
I thought he hated PSG? Well, he also said he hated ManU for how he was treated...
My guess wages and marketing power. Though I can't figure out the latter, since there is a direct conflict with both PSG/Nike and Neymar/Nike. Pogba switching gear sponsor seems out of the question either. Maybe squad player for national quotas... :lol:

He isn't going to be a galactico, in fact Spain as a whole is a dab-immune zone. Coming here means lower wages and more importantly a confrontation with delusions of the past and disappointments of the present. PSG is the only easy escape strategy and a ride on the luxurious train towards CL glory. Either way the Jose/Pogba, Manchester/Pogba 2 fallouts would be EPIC!!! Another vacation? Visiting mum? ...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My guess wages and marketing power. Though I can't figure out the latter, since there is a direct conflict with both PSG/Nike and Neymar/Nike. Pogba switching gear sponsor seems out of the question either. Maybe squad player for national quotas... :lol:

He isn't going to be a galactico, in fact Spain as a whole is a dab-immune zone. Coming here means lower wages and more importantly a confrontation with delusions of the past and disappointments of the present. PSG is the only easy escape strategy and a ride on the luxurious train towards CL glory. Either way the Jose/Pogba, Manchester/Pogba 2 fallouts would be EPIC!!! Another vacation? Visiting mum? ...
"CL Glory"

he will smell none of it

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Gave another interview one of the days and said he hopes to play with Neymar soon. Got the article re-translated and can't be bothered with original sources, but looks legit...

On the flipside they asked him about haircuts and such, so maybe that is the reason Neymar was mentioned. They've got different sponsors for one.

Anyway - I do believe that this isn't just a random dab-blab, but an intentional signal from his team towards PSG. It makes sense too, since Mourinho wants Verratti... Might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us, thought I would take Pogba back on certain conditions.
Neymar might be in Spain by next summer.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
just take a peek at red cafe.

a player who costed 120 mils should be having more than half the forum wondering if he was worth.

At this point he should have been the star of that team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And? He has been a huge disappointment again, given the money they spent on him. The move (so far) has been a failure for him and the club and only an idiot would say otherwise.
Definitely, huge bust. Might get better as he ages but as of now he's definitely not been worth the investment.

Apr 29, 2006
Neymar might be in Spain by next summer.
That I doubt. Those sheikhs aren't very stupid and they have no need for money, moreover Qatar 2022? hasn't happened yet and Neymar is the main promoter.

If there is one great thing about teams such as PSG its RM cannot go around bullying them with cash. Surely, Neymar can drop his levels after the WC, but that is a double-edged sword. If he ever goes to RM it will be ~ 2020.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That I doubt. Those sheikhs aren't very stupid and they have no need for money, moreover Qatar 2022? hasn't happened yet and Neymar is the main promoter.

If there is one great thing about teams such as PSG its RM cannot go around bullying them with cash. Surely, Neymar can drop his levels after the WC, but that is a double-edged sword. If he ever goes to RM it will be ~ 2020.
Yep. No chance he leaves. Atleast not yet.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He's been benched by Fellaini, McTominay, Matic, Lingard and to soem extent Rashford. Unless magic in season 3; he'll go down as one of the biggest high transfer fails ever.

Incredible how his immature antics and Mourinho fucked him up.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He's been benched by Fellaini, McTominay, Matic, Lingard and to soem extent Rashford. Unless magic in season 3; he'll go down as one of the biggest high transfer fails ever.

Incredible how his immature antics and Mourinho $#@!ed him up.

When will Allegri fanboyz realize that he left Juve to get rid of Max and his methods? Has nothing to do with money or exposure, the poor guy just wanted to play more offensive football but unfortunately he ended up with another clueless defensive minded coach in Mourinho pffff

I'd definitely take Pogba back but only if we sack Allegri and bring in the likes of Klopp or Sarri, otherwise why would he want to even return here, he would probably only regress even further under Max... ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Incredible how his immature antics and Mourinho fucked him up.

Mourinho is a shell of his former self and majorly fucked up Hazard in the 2015-16 season, but surely Pogba only has himself to blame. The decision to go to Utd in itself was already blatantly stupid from a football perspective. And then there's his general attitude on the pitch which is just poor and childish.

If he'd come back here, I'm pretty sure we could return him to superstar status though.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely, huge bust. Might get better as he ages but as of now he's definitely not been worth the investment.
He's 25. In pretty much any given sport that is prime age. I know they often say 28-32 for football players, but it's really not true. Look at Messi. Look at Ronaldo. Look at Del Piero. Look at Totti. 25 is usually where it's at. You don't get better after.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Lets be honest though, he had many games where he was a ghost here too. He was fortunate to play along the likes of Pirlo, Vidal and later Marchisio as a DM. United was the worst choice he could make imo.

We never relied on him like Man United does.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Mourinho is a shell of his former self and majorly fucked up Hazard in the 2015-16 season, but surely Pogba only has himself to blame. The decision to go to Utd in itself was already blatantly stupid from a football perspective. And then there's his general attitude on the pitch which is just poor and childish.

If he'd come back here, I'm pretty sure we could return him to superstar status though.

- - - Updated - - -

He's 25. In pretty much any given sport that is prime age. I know they often say 28-32 for football players, but it's really not true. Look at Messi. Look at Ronaldo. Look at Del Piero. Look at Totti. 25 is usually where it's at. You don't get better after.
It depends on the player, I'd say Ronaldo's peak years where 28-32, he won 3/4 CL's and 4/5 Ballon d'Ors during that period. His impact in CL was already huge before that, but he took it to a whole new level lately.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It depends on the player, I'd say Ronaldo's peak years where 28-32, he won 3/4 CL's and 4/5 Ballon d'Ors during that period. His impact in CL was already huge before that, but he took it to a whole new level lately.

Ronaldo transformed in a way that not many players do though. And even then I think a 24-25 year old Ronaldo during his first Madrid years was an unstoppable physical force, which he just isn't today.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Ronaldo transformed in a way that not many players do though. And even then I think a 24-25 year old Ronaldo during his first Madrid years was an unstoppable physical force, which he just isn't today.
he was more impressive style wise, because he played further from the goal and still scored insane amounts of goals, but I wouldn't call him unstoppable. the new version of his from the last few years for me is more is incredible, his positioning in the box is better than any striker I've ever seen, including guys like Inzaghi and Trez, and that wasn't even his main position until 2-3 years ago. Teams like Madrid don't need a do it all player, they can afford to build a functioning team

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
he was more impressive style wise, because he played further from the goal and still scored insane amounts of goals, but I wouldn't call him unstoppable. the new version of his from the last few years for me is more is incredible, his positioning in the box is better than any striker I've ever seen, including guys like Inzaghi and Trez, and that wasn't even his main position until 2-3 years ago. Teams like Madrid don't need a do it all player, they can afford to build a functioning team
Yeah, I get what you're saying. But still, Pogba doesn't even come close in terms of dedication the game. To me it is unfathomable that he would be capable of a similar feat.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)