Paul Pogba (53 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 22, 2013
If he leaves this summer, it's a total $#@! move. Saying $#@! like that. If the media is actually right, and he is going to ManU, how exactly is he taking the piss out of them? By saying "hey look, you reported my transfer 1-2 weeks early. Hahaha you so dumb." Is that it?

Because if he leaves now after ridiculing all the media speculation like this, he proves them right, and the only people he shall have "taken the piss of" are Juventus fans. He's literally now basically ridiculed all speculation about him transferring. All fine and dandy if you don't leave. If he does this summer... $#@! him.

- - - Updated - - -

And :lol: at feeling bad for a 23 year old with 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars made playing a game. Part of the sacrifice you make in order to make this kind of money, etc, is being in the public eye. And it's not like Pogba isn't one of the most attention-seeking footballers on the planet. :lol:
He is taking the piss out of the fact, that wherever he goes and whatever he does, the media will read signs from it, as if him eating baked beans for breakfast means he is going to UK and United. And it doesn't matter where he ends up, this whole saga has been showing how lame sporting media is.
I don't see how it is taking the piss of Juve fans, why are you victimizing yourself like that? This is not about him leaving or not, it's about the media doing everything the can to break news and they don't care if it's true or not, accurate or not, or if fans like you will feel bad from what they write.

And :lol: at thinking people should be okay with being treated as shit or being okay with having no privacy just because they earn a large salary. I guess it's okay to harass rich people, because guess what - they have money so they deserve it, right? Leftie, much?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He is taking the piss out of the fact, that wherever he goes and whatever he does, the media will read signs from it, as if him eating baked beans for breakfast means he is going to UK and United. And it doesn't matter where he ends up, this whole saga has been showing how lame sporting media is.
I don't see how it is taking the piss of Juve fans, why are you victimizing yourself like that? This is not about him leaving or not, it's about the media doing everything the can to break news and they don't care if it's true or not, accurate or not, or if fans like you will feel bad from what they write.

And :lol: at thinking people should be okay with being treated as shit or being okay with having no privacy just because they earn a large salary. I guess it's okay to harass rich people, because guess what - they have money so they deserve it, right? Leftie, much?
You read leftie from that. :rofl:

It's not whether it's right or wrong. It's the way of the fucking world. Obviously. And athletes and other celebrities know exactly what they are signing up for when pursuing this dream of being paid millions to do what they love. Especially, the flashy, attention-whore types like Pogba. It's pretty damn obvious their every move, and especially all the shit they post on social media is going to be jumped on by the media.

Feeling bad for them about this is just plain stupid :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, I don't feel bad at all. Juventus will be fine with or without this attention-whore. If he stays, good for him. If he goes, good for him. Go toil away in EL obscurity.

I have little respect or sympathy for people who use social media to garner every bit of attention they can and market themselves to the utmost, and then turn around and lament the media spotlight on their every move.

Don't fucking be a social media retard if you don't want all that attention.

ClaudiOHHH

Jul 8, 2011
That just shows how ignorant Ibra is on that matter and he think he knows everything if he is good at football.Ridiculous
I read that this was a fabricated quote

- - - Updated - - -

this video
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ard-explains-his-dab-goal-celebration.aspx?AL

- - - Updated - - -

he is gone!

Manchester United transfer news and rumours live - Paul Pogba drops MAJOR hint he's joining Man Utd
Telegraph.co.uk‎
In all seriousness, the UTD shirt is so ugly

And that fan weighs 3 pounds

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
United gets a fixed fee from adidas each year tho, irrespective of how much shirts they sell. The only ones that would profit from more shirt sales are adidas
I read somewhere it's a fixed up to a certain number of jersey sales (I think 3 million), and then they get 10-15% of each shirt sale above that.

However, a moot point as I don't think they have sold more than about 1.5-2 million shirts in a season before.

May 22, 2013
You read leftie from that. :rofl:

It's not whether it's right or wrong. It's the way of the $#@!ing world. Obviously. And athletes and other celebrities know exactly what they are signing up for when pursuing this dream of being paid millions to do what they love. Especially, the flashy, attention-$#@! types like Pogba. It's pretty damn obvious their every move, and especially all the $#@! they post on social media is going to be jumped on by the media.

Feeling bad for them about this is just plain stupid :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, I don't feel bad at all. Juventus will be fine with or without this attention-$#@!. If he stays, good for him. If he goes, good for him. Go toil away in EL obscurity.

I have little respect or sympathy for people who use social media to garner every bit of attention they can and market themselves to the utmost, and then turn around and lament the media spotlight on their every move.

Don't $#@!ing be a social media retard if you don't want all that attention.
I didn't write i felt bad for him, i'm sure he will be okay. But if you can't see that the sporting media is ridiculous and rush into a rage because he trolls them on social media, i don't think we will ever agree on the matter. My point was just that everybody should relax a little and let time do it's job. We will all have much more insight in hindsight, and in a month or so, we will know much more about what happened and what didn't, and judgement should wait until then.

But hey, keep :lol: at everything other people write, it will make you look so superior and sympathethic

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This isn't true in the slightest. ManU has a fixed contract with Adidas. They can't possibly make anywhere near that. Adidas can, but ManU sells the rights to so many jerseys to Adidas for a fixed price, and Adidas makes 100% of the revenue in that number of jerseys. Any jerseys ManU sells above that, they make something like 10% on.

At best, in a year, they might make an extra couple million dollars on their most marketable players' jerseys.
United gets a fixed fee from adidas each year tho, irrespective of how much shirts they sell. The only ones that would profit from more shirt sales are adidas
:tup: it was a short sentence without any additional info, cheers, makes sense though.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
There is the logic that the more shirts Man utd sell, or any team, the better deal they will get from the shirt maker next time they negotiate.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
We're not talking about big things here, Os. Just be fucking respectful to your club who you made a name with. I also knew this day was coming eventually and honestly would have partly understood his decision if he was to leave for Madrid, but as you said, he's leaving to an EL team who threw him away for free and is obviously joining them for money and fame. That's the sort of character I despise in my team.
You see right through him just like me. I disagree with you. His stupid antics (clothes, hair, dab etc.) showed exactly who he his. But he's so talented, it's easy to forget. I'm not hurt even a little, cause it was obvious he was leaving. People defending him like he's somewhat a relevant club figure should shut up, cause he never showed anything that would warrant him such status.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't write i felt bad for him, i'm sure he will be okay. But if you can't see that the sporting media is ridiculous and rush into a rage because he trolls them on social media, i don't think we will ever agree on the matter. My point was just that everybody should relax a little and let time do it's job. We will all have much more insight in hindsight, and in a month or so, we will know much more about what happened and what didn't, and judgement should wait until then.

But hey, keep :lol: at everything other people write, it will make you look so superior and sympathethic
My point is that athletes like Pogba and Lebron James and other such stars who invest so much time into their "social media" presence and crave that attention, popularity, and marketability are the very ones who bring about this ridiculous media circus. Them and the fans who just lap it up. I do find it ridiculous and disgusting, but alongside finding the media speculation and fabrication ridiculous and disgusting, I also find that sort attention-whoring athlete disgusting to a degree and have no sympathy at all for them.

Outside that, I mostly agree that we should reserve judgment until this saga plays itself out to some extent.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Loving that Pogba is taking the piss of journalists/media on instagram. Must be so super annoying for him, that he can't even go on holiday and be silent and away for a month without them writing that wherever he is, it's just in order to do a secret medical.
I mean, look at you guys, some of you are already spitting hate towards him, and he really didn't do anything... Do you seriously expect him to go out every week and say he is staying? What then when he finally leaves? I mean, most of you were upset with Vidal leaving mostly because he always told the media how Turin was his home and how he loved being at Juve. Y'all need to chill dawgs
the advert and his Instagram posts especially the hair cut one and the one with his red had and boots were dick moves.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You see right through him just like me. I disagree with you. His stupid antics (clothes, hair, dab etc.) showed exactly who he his. But he's so talented, it's easy to forget. I'm not hurt even a little, cause it was obvious he was leaving. People defending him like he's somewhat a relevant club figure should shut up, cause he never showed anything that would warrant him such status.
:tup:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
This isn't true.

Why do people keep perpetuating this myth?

Barca has spent a lot more than Madrid in terms of net spend in the last 6 years. Barca is -275M net on transfers... Real Madrid is -215M in net spend.
this video
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ard-explains-his-dab-goal-celebration.aspx?AL

- - - Updated - - -

he is gone!

Manchester United transfer news and rumours live - Paul Pogba drops MAJOR hint he's joining Man Utd
Telegraph.co.uk‎
She's actually pretty decent for a Manchester chick.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There are two main parties here, which are Juve and Pogba. United or whoever wants to buy Pogba is the third party.

Now, Pogba has 3 years left of his contract. From Juve's perspective, we can offer him new contract, and if he doesn't accept we can sell him now for a world record fee, sell him next year for less, or wait till he buys out his contract with 1 year left of it. This means that we actually have two main options - sell him now or offer him new contract.
Here the ball is in Pogba's court. Accept our contract offer (7-8 million tops, I believe) or accept a bigger offer (13m reportedly offered by United).

I'm talking in future tense, but this might have already happened a month or more ago.
So, did we counter United's contract offer by offering Pogba 10+ million euro a year? If we didn't cause we didn't have money or didn't want to, then, in a way, we are also willing to sell Pogba.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I have a feeling he wont leave. I had that feeling since day 1 when these rumors started, but ill leave it at that. I sont kbow why, but its hard for me to see Pogba leaving.

Lets see what happens...

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Wasn't around much so dunno if it was posted but apparently Ibra told how 100mln is not much for Pogba cause they'll earn as much by selling his jerseys. And apparently they earned 76mln pounds in the first week of selling his jersey.
75m pounds is the amount their get per year... The rest is just BS

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
75m pounds is the amount their get per year... The rest is just BS
yup it's not like Adidas give them every penny they earn once they sell a shirt.
Instead Adidas pay them that huge load to get profits on those shirts. United prolly get 2-3 on those 76m pounds from Ibra shirts.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two main parties here, which are Juve and Pogba. United or whoever wants to buy Pogba is the third party.

Now, Pogba has 3 years left of his contract. From Juve's perspective, we can offer him new contract, and if he doesn't accept we can sell him now for a world record fee, sell him next year for less, or wait till he buys out his contract with 1 year left of it. This means that we actually have two main options - sell him now or offer him new contract.
Here the ball is in Pogba's court. Accept our contract offer (7-8 million tops, I believe) or accept a bigger offer (13m reportedly offered by United).

I'm talking in future tense, but this might have already happened a month or more ago.
So, did we counter United's contract offer by offering Pogba 10+ million euro a year? If we didn't cause we didn't have money or didn't want to, then, in a way, we are also willing to sell Pogba.
if that's the case why would his agent says that's it's a given that he'll go and that the only problem is that Juventus and Manchester have not agreed on the deal yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)