Paul Pogba (126 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Higuain was a superstar at 22. Only an idiot would say otherwise. Perhaps the back injury the next season somewhat derailed his progress... but he's pretty clearly a superstar again now, at least on the pitch.

And PS. Pogba was 23 this season. The comparable season to Higuain's 2009-10 would be last season.

Higuain was injured for much of his 23 year old season in 2010-11 with back troubles.

I'd likely take Pogba over Higuain at these ages too, because I think his potential is higher... but he's done nowhere near what Higuain had done at the same age. Aside from being lucky enough to play on a winning team.
so what exactly did Higuain do at that age? scored 27 goals in the league as the starting CF for a team that scored 102 goals? scored twice in 7 CL games? you make it seem he carried Real all season or something. lets not exaggerate here. Higuain is a top scorer for years in Europe but he is not a better player than Pogba at the moment, not was he at the age of 22

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Higuain's job is to score goals. His stats are indeed impressive, but you can't just justify buying a guy off one record setting season and paying him more than your established stars.
1 record setting season? You mean scoring 24+ goals in 6 of the last 8 seasons? You mean having 202 goals in the last 8 seasons?

You really are fucking clueless about Higuain.

202 goals in 8 seasons and it's all about 1 season. :rofl:

THat's 25.25 goals/season in case you can't do math.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For next season? Higuain, by far.

2-3 seasons down the road, Pogba by far. But we all know he definitely won't be here then, even if he stays this season. SO who really cares.

I'd take Higuain and Pjanic over Pogba 100 times out of 100.
Well, that depends on what happens to our midfield. If we sign Herrera and Kovacic, I'm willing to retract all earlier statements, but if we end up with two massive shitcunts like Asshole Schnitzel and Matuidi, then may the gods have mercy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
For next season? Higuain, by far.

2-3 seasons down the road, Pogba by far. But we all know he definitely won't be here then, even if he stays this season. SO who really cares.

I'd take Higuain and Pjanic over Pogba 100 times out of 100.
we won the scudetto and were close to elimination Bayern without Higuain. so no, hes not more important to us

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
For the Higuain haters here:

Top strikers in Europes top leagues since 2008-09

Messi: 283 goals in 270 games
Ronaldo: 278 goals in 269 games
Ibrahimovic: 196 goals in 247 games
Suarez: 169 goals in 218 games (42 goals out of 169 are in the Dutch league)
Higuain: 168 goals in 250 games
Lewandowski: 153 goals in 252 games. (32 goals out of 153 are in the Polish league).
Aguero: 151 goals in 250 games
Benzema: 128 goals in 251 games
Rooney: 125 goals in 241 games
Costa: 103 goals in 223 games

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so what exactly did Higuain do at that age? scored 27 goals in the league as the starting CF for a team that scored 102 goals? scored twice in 7 CL games? you make it seem he carried Real all season or something. lets not exaggerate here. Higuain is a top scorer for years in Europe but he is not a better player than Pogba at the moment, not was he at the age of 22

Let's ignore that he scored 4 goals at the World Cup too, including a knockout game winner. :lol:

Higuain at 22 > Pogba at 22

...and it's not particularly close. Pogba is one of the most inconsistent "superstars" I've ever seen. Will he improve on that? Definitely, but he's not even close to being the finished article some of you are professing just because he had an amazing last 3 months of the season and then flopped at the Euros.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
For the Higuain haters here:

Top strikers in Europes top leagues since 2008-09

Messi: 283 goals in 270 games
Ronaldo: 278 goals in 269 games
Ibrahimovic: 196 goals in 247 games
Suarez: 169 goals in 218 games (42 goals out of 169 are in the Dutch league)
Higuain: 168 goals in 250 games
Lewandowski: 153 goals in 252 games. (32 goals out 153 are in the Polish league).
Aguero: 151 goals in 250 games
Benzema: 128 goals in 251 games
Rooney: 125 goals in 241 games
Costa: 103 goals in 223 games
no idea about B81, but i dont hate him (atleast not anymore, now that hes at Juve). but hes not a better player than Pogba, thats all im saying

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Let's ignore that he scored 4 goals at the World Cup too, including a knockout game winner. :lol:

Higuain at 22 > Pogba at 22

...and it's not particularly close. Pogba is one of the most inconsistent "superstars" I've ever seen. Will he improve on that? Definitely, but he's not even close to being the finished article some of you are professing just because he had an amazing last 3 months of the season and then flopped at the Euros.
no way man :lol:

Pogbas this season > Higuains at 22 or 23 or whatever. if you claim otherwise you either havent watched both or are simply turning on Pogba now that he seems to be leaving

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... Look how bad we were to start the season when Pogba was supposed to be our leader. We sucked balls, and he was just appalling.
he was a 22-year old kid who lost tevez, marchisio, vidal and pirlo. (marchisio was there in the locker, but started the year injured.) the whole team, including allegri were simply awful and clueless, just like pogba. then everybody got their act together, and pogba was one of our best players until the end of the season.

as for higuain being a top tier superstar: iirc besides arsenal, not a single club were after him, and not a single club wanted to pay his release clause. we massively overplayed to get him. also, pogba is offered a bigger contract by 2 clubs.

i still understand your arguments, but i think you just push it a bit too hard. all things considered, pogba is simply a more valuable player right now. this doesn't mean that juve won't be stronger this coming season without pogba, as marotta made some smart moves already, and chances are he'll deliver a cm in the coming weeks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
1 record setting season? You mean scoring 24+ goals in 6 of the last 8 seasons? You mean having 202 goals in the last 8 seasons?

You really are fucking clueless about Higuain.

202 goals in 8 seasons and it's all about 1 season. :rofl:

THat's 25.25 goals/season in case you can't do math.
Dude. The guy scores goals, and his numbers are impressive. However, how many of his goals have actually been decisive? How many titles has he won throughout his career? At 23, Pogba has more league titles than him, and they both have yet to win the CL. He choked big time with Argentina, and wasn't the key performer in Madrid.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Dude. The guy scores goals, and his numbers are impressive. However, how many of his goals have actually been decisive? How many titles has he won throughout his career? At 23, Pogba has more league titles than him, and they both have yet to win the CL. He choked big time with Argentina, and wasn't the key performer in Madrid.
This is unfair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)