Patrick Vieira (8 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I hope Vieira to get back to his best form in Bayern game

Edit: all caps are a no-no. Grammar preserved as is. - Mikhail

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
Well this was Viera's first big test (Vs Milan) and obviously he didnt do so well.
I hope that it was just that he was not in form just after his latest injury.
Time will tell if this player still has what it takes to play at the very top of europe and i hope that he plays better against Bayern.
If he plays !!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah it looked like the guy was played and he was unfit against Milan.
So now he is unavailable against Bayern.
Cap shouldn't have played him if he was unfit.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
That Damn gattuso....whatta little prick he was....in times like this I regret not having Tacchinardi to unleash on Him.
You are actually thinking about Montero right? :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Vieira return boosts Juve
Tuesday 1 November, 2005
Patrick Vieira is set to start against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday night after recovering from injury.

Vieira, whose appearances have been limited by a troublesome groin injury over the last three weeks, was sorely missed during his side’s visit to Bavaria two weeks ago, which resulted in a 2-1 defeat for the Bianconeri.

Despite struggling during the second half of his first game back at the San Siro on Saturday night, the Frenchman is now back to full fitness.

“Vieira is no longer in pain,” said Capello on Tuesday. “He was flagging during the last 20 minutes in Milan at the weekend but I couldn’t take him off. I’d already made three substitutions by then.”

Don Fabio will be relieved to have his central fulcrum of Vieira and Emerson back in action, as Bayern are a physical side who are dangerous from set-pieces.

“Bayern have a very strong defence, they are determined and rock solid,” said Capello. “But when it comes to set-pieces they are extremely good. In my opinion they are best team in Europe in a dead-ball situation. It was set-pieces that did for us in both Munich and Milan, so we have to do something about it.”

Capello refutes the general consensus that his side have been beaten by worthy winners in their only two defeats this season.

“Maybe I saw a different game to you,” he said. “But I watched the Milan game again this morning and they scored from an own goal and two set-pieces which we should have prevented.”

“In Munich it was a similar story,” he added. “They scored a bizarre first goal and the other was from a set-piece. So we must work on our defending.”

One player whose return should help this cause is Christian Abbiati, who also returns from injury, while Gianluca Pessotto will be replaced by either Giorgio Chiellini or Manuele Blasi.

Mauro Camoranesi, meanwhile, is unlikely to recover in time from a knock sustained against Milan and will be replaced by either Adrian Mutu or Alessandro Del Piero.

For their part Bayern will be without three injured players. Owen Hargreaves and Bixente Lizarazu have been left behind along with the unfortunate Roque Santa Cruz, who suffered a cruciate ligament injury during Saturday’s win over Cologne.

Felix Magath’s side are confident of winning. His side is on maximum points in Group A and is also flying high in the Bundesliga. Their 2-1 win on Saturday was far from convincing, but they won nevertheless.

“Juve lost on Saturday,” said Magath. “But you have to ask yourself ‘why’. Maybe they had half a mind on the Champions League. That can happen sometimes. It happened to us and this is why we weren’t as good as usual against Cologne. But my players will certainly be up for this game and hopefully we can reverse what happened to us last year by doing the double over them this time around.”

That would spell double trouble for La Vecchia Signora, who, although virtual certainties to qualify from the group stage regardless of what happens tonight, can ill afford a third defeat in five games.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Vieira launches Ruud broadside Sunday 6 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus star Patrick Vieira has launched an astonishing attack on Ruud van Nistelrooy in his autobiography, labelling the Manchester United striker “a cheat and a coward”.

Vieira, who quit Arsenal for Juventus in the summer, makes it clear that the Dutch international became his number one enemy during his time in England.

“Ruud van Nistelrooy is a cheat and a coward who is sneaky in the way he goes about fouling other players,” Vieira wrote.

“Everyone thinks he’s a nice guy but, in fact, he’s a son of a *****. He has a history of incidents that all too often have gone unnoticed. He has punched Freddie Ljungberg and elbowed Lauren. At Arsenal we hated him and had real reason to do so. I can’t stand the sight of Van Nistelrooy. He’s a great player — but everything about him annoys me,” he added.

It is believed that Van Nistelrooy is considering legal action against the former Gunners skipper.

Vieira, meanwhile, continued his tirade by claiming that Van Nistelrooy “shafted” him during an ill-tempered goalless draw between Arsenal and United in 2003.

“I was sent off at Old Trafford after a second yellow card as a result of an incident with him. I got shafted. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil,” Vieira said.

“He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted too.”

Vieira then revealed that he was close to striking Van Nistelrooy in the tunnel after the goalless draw, in which the United hitman missed a penalty in the dying moments.

“I was standing with a friend when Van Nistelrooy walked past,” Vieira continued. “We looked at each other. He tried to talk to me and I told him that it was finished and I had nothing more to say.

“But he persisted. So I asked if I had touched him. He simply replied, ‘You have no class’. That was the icing on the cake. He was trying to convince himself that he had not cheated, which showed he didn’t have a clear conscience.

“I said, ‘Watch it, or I’m going to land one on you’. This altercation confirmed my view that not only is Van Nistelrooy a cheat, he lacks courage,” insisted Vieira.

'Vieira: My Autobiography' is published by Orion Books on November 17, priced £18.99

Channel4.com

Surprising stuff, but way to go Vieira for having Guts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)