Patrick Vieira (7 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i wonder does vieira mention anything about the numerous diving and cheating of his france and aresenal team mate pires in his book.

dont get me wrong i dont really like van nistelrooy, but imo players sjould wait till they retire if the want to harshly say stuff about other players coaches etc.

say if juve draw man utd in the knockout stages, van nisteelrooy and the other united fockers will really be up for it to shove the words back down his throat.

yeah what vieira is saying is prob mostly true just saying he could have waited for longer

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Vieira committed to Juventus Monday 7 November, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus’ Patrick Vieira has dismissed speculation of a possible return to the Premiership with Manchester United.

The 29-year-old has surprisingly been linked with the Old Trafford outfit despite his stunning start to his Juve adventure.

But the former Arsenal captain, who spent eight years in London, maintains that he is more than happy with life in Serie A.

"There is no truth in me coming back to England and certainly not to United," the £14m summer signing said.

Vieira had also been linked with a United move some time ago, but he insists he is unclear of any concrete bid.

"To say I turned them down during my time at Arsenal is quite a claim because nothing was made clear," he continued.

"I was told United made me an offer, a very good one, and I don't know if they were told I wanted to go there.

"I never knew if it was really United who were interested or someone trying to work for United.

"I never met Sir Alex Ferguson. There was a lot of confusion and that was my fault.

"The one thing I didn't handle properly was the business of agents. I had different agents and I wasn't in control of anything.

"There were so many people getting involved, there were so many stories."

source: channel4.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Vieira launches Ruud broadside Sunday 6 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus star Patrick Vieira has launched an astonishing attack on Ruud van Nistelrooy in his autobiography, labelling the Manchester United striker “a cheat and a coward”.

Vieira, who quit Arsenal for Juventus in the summer, makes it clear that the Dutch international became his number one enemy during his time in England.

“Ruud van Nistelrooy is a cheat and a coward who is sneaky in the way he goes about fouling other players,” Vieira wrote.

“Everyone thinks he’s a nice guy but, in fact, he’s a son of a *****. He has a history of incidents that all too often have gone unnoticed. He has punched Freddie Ljungberg and elbowed Lauren. At Arsenal we hated him and had real reason to do so. I can’t stand the sight of Van Nistelrooy. He’s a great player — but everything about him annoys me,” he added.

It is believed that Van Nistelrooy is considering legal action against the former Gunners skipper.

Vieira, meanwhile, continued his tirade by claiming that Van Nistelrooy “shafted” him during an ill-tempered goalless draw between Arsenal and United in 2003.

“I was sent off at Old Trafford after a second yellow card as a result of an incident with him. I got shafted. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil,” Vieira said.

“He tried to stamp on me and then he made more of the challenge than he should have done. I am not blaming the referee. He got shafted too.”

Vieira then revealed that he was close to striking Van Nistelrooy in the tunnel after the goalless draw, in which the United hitman missed a penalty in the dying moments.

“I was standing with a friend when Van Nistelrooy walked past,” Vieira continued. “We looked at each other. He tried to talk to me and I told him that it was finished and I had nothing more to say.

“But he persisted. So I asked if I had touched him. He simply replied, ‘You have no class’. That was the icing on the cake. He was trying to convince himself that he had not cheated, which showed he didn’t have a clear conscience.

“I said, ‘Watch it, or I’m going to land one on you’. This altercation confirmed my view that not only is Van Nistelrooy a cheat, he lacks courage,” insisted Vieira.

'Vieira: My Autobiography' is published by Orion Books on November 17, priced £18.99

Channel4.com

Surprising stuff, but way to go Vieira for having Guts!
I hate RVN´s celebration after goals even in Playstation ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

I hate RVN´s celebration after goals even in Playstation ;)
If there's a PS2 game where I get to play a knuckle-headed defender that blows out both of RVN's kneecaps and does a celebration after that, I'm whipping out my credit card!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

If there's a PS2 game where I get to play a knuckle-headed defender that blows out both of RVN's kneecaps and does a celebration after that, I'm whipping out my credit card!
:rofl: gotta love you swag :rofl:

Post of the week!!!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Appiah should have stayed alongside Tacchi, Instead of Gianni and Blasi.
In what you are suggesting, we wouldn't have been able to raise money to get Vieira. I think we went through this long ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)