Patrice Evra (10 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
give him a run of games and im sure he will be good. he was injured for a long period and it takes time to regain sharpness at that age. his characteristics and playing style will be very useful for us in the 2nd half of the season if he can stay fit for a longer period...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
give him a run of games and im sure he will be good. he was injured for a long period and it takes time to regain sharpness at that age. his characteristics and playing style will be very useful for us in the 2nd half of the season if he can stay fit for a longer period...
I'm not so sure. He's never been that great a defender, and he has lost a bit of pace, but it will take him time to adjust to being a Serie A left back. I'm just not sure he'll ever be anything above the level that Grosso was when he joined us.

I mean that in the nicest way to Grosso, as Evra is playing in a much better team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think he can if he stays fit and gets a run of games (which i believe he can, he started 33 games for United in the EPL, a "faster" league than Serie A, last season). yes, he has lost his pace but he now has experience on his side. also, i think he still hasnt developed a good enough chemistry with the rest of the team on the field and that is seen when he plays. i hope that can change with the new formation which gives him a chance to play a role he is more used to. and it will also greatly depend on the level of motivation. it is a big question if he at this age and after all the success he had in the past, has enough will to try to make top performances week in week out. im gonna wait to see more of him in the role he is used to before i judge him. after the season is over we will be able to tell if he is still good enough or should we look for a new LB.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
At least he fucking shuts up about Sanchez Mino now.

Fun fact: Our winning goal against Torino came exactly 2 minutes after Sanchez Mino entered the pitch.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
The agent of Juventus fullback Patrice Evra has defended his sluggish form.

The former Manchester United captain struggled in victory at Torino on the weekend.

Federico Pastorello said: "His acclimatization to Serie A has not been easy, but the value of Patrice is not up for debate.

"He comes from the Premier League, perhaps one of the championships that is the most difficult in the world and we knew it would not be easy to adapt to the way you play in Serie A.

"Juventus, in the beginning, also played with the defence of three while he has always played a four. I am sure, however, that in the end Juventus, thanks to his commitment and his perseverance, we'll see the real Evra.

"Again, he just needs time because his values cannot be doubted."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)