Patrice Evra (15 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's never been a great defender so we shouldn't expect this to happen any time soon, but if he is going to be used more in a 3-5-2 then it's not quite going to be the same issue, especially as we are expected to be on the front foot.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
33 I think...I watched the game against the All Stars...he did better than others in my opinion. I wasn't overly happy about him joining as I thought we needed a long term solution BUT I think he will be useful. He looked excited and motivated at the opportunity at another club.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Had a decent hit out in Sydney the other night, struggled at times with the pace of Bernie Ibini (very quick mofo), but you could see he was always willing to get forward and provide an outlet on the left, his cross for Nando's goal was sensational.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Was just thinking to myself that Evra still hasn't made an appearance for us...then I remembered the international break and there's only been one Serie A game so far.

Still though I want to see our shiny (black) new (old) LB in action!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't express how relaxed I am when I know he is on the left. No mistakes, good first touches, pace, defensive awareness.

A real left back. :tup:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://football-italia.net/55865/evra-incredible-serie-debut

Evra: 'Incredible Serie A debut'

Patrice Evra thanked Juventus for his “incredible” Serie A debut and outlined the differences with the Premier League.
The former Manchester United man played in tonight’s 2-0 victory over Udinese at the Juventus Stadium in Turin.
“It is incredible,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “Pogba told me about the stadium, I’d never played here and the fans were amazing.
“I have to thank everyone, from the fans to players and staff, and will try to repay them with my performances.”
Evra revealed he is finding it a big shift from the Premier League to Serie A.
“I have never worked so hard in training in all my life! The difference is the game is less intense, but more tactical, so you have to stay concentrated at all times and cannot be distracted for a moment.”
With two Serie A victories under their belts, Juve now go into the Champions League against Malmo.
“In the Champions League the objective is to do better than last season. Juve have good players and we’ll try to achieve something great.”

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I thought he was rusty and a bit out of sync with our players in certain moments, but I still thought it was a decent debut from him. And as others have correctly stated, huge upgrade over Peluso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)