Paris attacks (12 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think this entire thread is basically an ISIS recruitment tool. It's all those racist white peoples' fault! It's the Western governments who caused those poor folks to blow themselves up! Just give them jobs!!!!!!!

If that's the case, then what just happened in Mali? If that's truly the case, then why doesn't ISIS target government installations instead of locations where common folks frequent? Obviously they should direct the terror towards the real culprits, no? But they don't, they attack innocent, defenseless people, because they're nothing more than cowards.

- - - Updated - - -

No one here is saying anything remotely positieve about Isis.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
First of all i wouldnt need to go on social media and cry. Secondly they were never in danger meanwhile the people got shot one by one at the concert hall or at restaurants etc. I don't think you need to praise the people who were protected the most by police and staff just cause they slept together in a locker room

Ps do I need to say "you bitch" too? Or did you get it without it ?
What the fuck are you talking about? How the hell could they have known if they were or werent in danger? It was easy for you to talk afterwards when it was all over, but they had no idea about anything that was going on in Paris at the time. For all they knew, terrorist could have stormed the building and decapitate them all. Those are hard times mondo1, and it is easy to be critical and act heroic from the safety of your room, thats all im saying. Sorry i called you a bitch, i was really pissed that day.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I didn't mean what I said literally, obviously.

But you have to admit, there are numerous versus in the Quran that extremists use as justification for their actions. It is worth exploring whether Islam is more extreme in those negative or violent passages compared with other popular religions.

Such as these: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm
You can find countless of such passages in the bible as well rather easily.

And that website is simply a joke tbh, and not a good one.

As someone studying history I can only say that the latest trend of misinformation on social media is one of the most extreme ones Ive seen. Or, perhaps, its because I have knowledge in this particular field. Everything is bs, people are abusing sources and failing to comprehend the limitations of statistics.

And everyone turned into an expert because of info like this.
Yep.

Social media just makes it extremely easy for some snippets of information that are completely taken out of context at best, and downright wrong in the worst cases to reach thousands of people, with a great deal of positive feedback-loops in the comments.

Also, mentioning the crusades guys...seriously?

Historically Christianity has far more blood on its hands, you don't want to argue in that direction.
For the record, I'm not actually blaming Christianity as a religion for any of those atrocities, similarly as I don't blame Islam itself for today's extremists, the political, socio-economic and cultural factors were, and are, more important imo. Just pointing out that you really don't want to argue in favor Christianity as the more peaceful religion based on the historical actions of the believers.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You can find countless of such passages in the bible as well rather easily.

And that website is simply a joke tbh, and not a good one.

Yep.

Social media just makes it extremely easy for some snippets of information that are completely taken out of context at best, and downright wrong in the worst cases to reach thousands of people, with a great deal of positive feedback-loops in the comments.

Historically Christianity has far more blood on its hands, you don't want to argue in that direction.
For the record, I'm not actually blaming Christianity as a religion for any of those atrocities, similarly as I don't blame Islam itself for today's extremists, the political, socio-economic and cultural factors were, and are, more important imo. Just pointing out that you really don't want to argue in favor Christianity as the more peaceful religion based on the historical actions of the believers.

John of Leiden makes Abu Bakr look like an atheist.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,348
    Reductio ad hitlerum. You're better than that, if one of my views align with that turd it's because our lines of reasoning cross at one point before taking off into completely opposite directions.
    Since you have studied history, I find it quite odd that you call Søren a Nazi.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Look at your quote. Oh, wait, you just hid it under latin bs.
    Please dont blame me for the fact that you dont understand my posts. Reductio ad hitlerum is an argument based on guilt by association. Hitler is used in the name as he is generally considered the purest of evil, but the argument covers all instances of absurd reductions to associate whoever youre arguing with to something or someone unpopular or evil.

OP
    Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,355
    Please dont blame me for the fact that you dont understand my posts. Reductio ad hitlerum is an argument based on guilt by association. Hitler is used in the name as he is generally considered the purest of evil, but the argument covers all instances of absurd reductions to associate whoever youre arguing with to something or someone unpopular or evil.
    Please don't blame me for the fact that you dont understand your own posts. And please stop using terms, you clearly don't know how to use.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Please don't blame me for the fact that you dont understand your own posts. And please stop using terms, you clearly don't know how to use.
    Im sorry that youre having a shitty sunday, but you have no idea what youre talking about. As far as Im concerned this argument (for lack of a better word) is over.

OP
    Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,360
    Im sorry that youre having a shitty sunday, but you have no idea what youre talking about. As far as Im concerned this argument (for lack of a better word) is over.
    Let me translate:

Fuck you, ignorant little peasant. You don't got the education, nor the brain, to comprehend my superior knowledge.
    I was wrong, but I'll walk away to avoid any further humiliation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)