Paris attacks (6 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Not directly, and not by France's in isolation, but it was very very much indirectly caused by what western (and other) countries have done in the region the past 100 years, and especially the past 25. Of course it's not the only cause either, but especially with the specific case of ISIS, the 2003 Iraq invasion was extremely crucial for the form and extent it took.
Homegrown terrorist comes from the good of Europe. We could have let Omar Hussein rot in Jordan, but we didn't.

He wasn't political aware. He was a low life criminal, that couldn't fit into a western society, that got radicalised in Jordan/Syria (pre the war) and in prison.

Omar's radicalisation had very little to do with the actions of the west in the middle east.

- - - Updated - - -

Islamism is an evil similar to Stalinism, Nazism and Fascism.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree with this.

I just can't deal with people continously putting this on the West without seeing the evil that totalitarian Islam represent and the good that especially Europe has done to the Middle East.

Palestine would be a note in a history book if not for post 2nd WW Europe.
:agree:

The blame game is silly, but to the disenfranchised and oppressed, it is something that is quite hard to get over.

Look at First Nations communities in Canada. They're still filled with disease, crime, drug abuse, poverty... They're now given free University education, job-placements and training, community autonomy in terms of taxes and land and other things... but the wounds are still too fresh from things like massacres, residential schools and other abuses suffered at the hands of Caucasians. It's going to take decades, if not centuries for those wounds to heal.

And the same could be said for the Middle East. 100 years of oppression and disenfranchisement at the hands of the Europeans, Americans, Western backed dictators, and their own Extremist leaders... It's hard for such people to recognize (and more importantly utilize) any of the good done for them. It seems like a small drop in the ocean.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
:agree:

The blame game is silly, but to the disenfranchised and oppressed, it is something that is quite hard to get over.

Look at First Nations communities in Canada. They're still filled with disease, crime, drug abuse, poverty... They're now given free University education, job-placements and training, community autonomy in terms of taxes and land and other things... but the wounds are still too fresh from things like massacres, residential schools and other abuses suffered at the hands of Caucasians. It's going to take decades, if not centuries for those wounds to heal.

And the same could be said for the Middle East. 100 years of oppression and disenfranchisement at the hands of the Europeans, Americans, Western backed dictators, and their own Extremist leaders... It's hard for such people to recognize (and more importantly utilize) any of the good done for them. It seems like a small drop in the ocean.
We are on the same boat. My problem is the general tendency I often see from "Muslims" and extreme left wingers/social liberals that lay too much blame on the Wests actions.

Heck even a future "Westerner" like Cheesio have defended attacks on Freedom of Speech 'cause he and Muslims got hurt. The dude just moved to France. Absurd.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
By the way.

I don't give a fuck if 1 or 190 people dies in a attack like that (to a certain degree of course). I do however give a huge fuck about the symbol of the attack. What it represents and what it attacks.

We don't lack humans on this small planet. We lack equality, freedom, solidarity, secularity and democracy.

Kill the hedonistic and godless people who screw before marriage, so I can screw a bunch of virgins in heaven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Try creating a functioning state in made up countries, you get Belgium, and nobody wants to be Belgian.
Imbecile. Belgium is older than Ireland btw. And at least we eat actual food instead of grass and fuck humans.
We are on the same boat. My problem is the general tendency I often see from "Muslims" and extreme left wingers/social liberals that lay too much blame on the Wests actions.

Heck even a future "Westerner" like Cheesio have defended attacks on Freedom of Speech 'cause he and Muslims got hurt. The dude just moved to France. Absurd.
Is this something that is inherent to their culture would you say?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't believe it's simply "a night of terror" that has him upset. I believe it is the fact that he lost people somewhat close to him. It's not just a "terror attack", it's personal.
Dude's an attention seeker. Fuck him. I have zero sympathy for those who pull this sort of stuff right after a tragedy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Dude's an attention seeker. Fuck him. I have zero sympathy for those who pull this sort of stuff right after a tragedy.
I don't know. I haven't endured such a hardship as to know actual victims of an actual tragedy. So personally I can't say how I would react.

But really it doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't know. I haven't endured such a hardship as to know actual victims of an actual tragedy. So personally I can't say how I would react.

But really it doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.
Read. It wasn't a friend. It wasn't family. He spoke about a colleague. A coworker. I bet he hardly knew the dude. Maybe he knew his name maybe he didn't.

And because he thinks it is now personal, it is okay to talk shit on an internet forum. Because now it has affected him. Now he should be able to say whatever he wants to say and get a free pass. Fuck that. What kind of massively egotistical worldview is that?
You don't think it's personal for all sides in this conflict? You don't think that the reason you can't solve the middle East is that it is personal for all of them?

My god, what a ....

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Read. It wasn't a friend. It wasn't family. He spoke about a colleague. A coworker. I bet he hardly knew the dude. Maybe he knew his name maybe he didn't.

And because he thinks it is now personal, it is okay to talk shit on an internet forum. Because now it has affected him. Now he should be able to say whatever he wants to say and get a free pass. Fuck that. What kind of massively egotistical worldview is that?
You don't think it's personal for all sides in this conflict? You don't think that the reason you can't solve the middle East is that it is personal for all of them?

My god, what a ....
And you're personally insulted by his need to react on an internet forum. A vicious circle. Whoohoo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And you're personally insulted by his need to react on an internet forum. A vicious circle. Whoohoo.
I'm not personally insulted. I think he is the very embodiment of why you can't rationally solve these things. I can't stand his behaviour and I won't give him a free pass, but this is not about me. Perhaps we even agree on a lot of things, I don't know him well. But right now he's inciting hate and he thinks he should get away with it because someone whose name he might remember died.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)