Paris attacks (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not because I disagree, but "we" did this on other continents too ( througout history who didn't?), but it's only Islamists who attack us.
Because "we" are litterally still doing it in their doorsteps, besides propping up dictators that oppress them for decades. Also because unlike other regions who dont interest "us" anymore (after centuries of raping them, unlike ME which was started on a century go for first time after Ottomans), the ME is rich in resources and very much a strategic importance for the Geopolitical war games between US&co and Russia/Iran.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not contending we didn't start all this shit back during WW1 and I'm not saying we're justified in exploiting people.

I'm saying I don't give a fuck.
That's all I wanted to know. And it's certainly your right to feel this way.

I disagree with it. And so do all these people turned so extremist and violent by Western foreign policy and atrocities in the Middle East... And until everyone on this god-forsaken earth "gives a fuck", none of this is ever going to change. You can bomb them back into the stone age, martyr them by committing further atrocities, and follow this eye-for-an-eye, life-for-a-life path all the way down the rabbit hole... but that's endgame talk for the world there... and incredibly shortsighted.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He lost two ppl in the terrorist attack two days ago, stop being pieces of shits maybe for one second and just let him vent in peace
Seriously. And people say I'm a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

He lost two ppl in the terrorist attack two days ago, stop being pieces of shits maybe for one second and just let him vent in peace
Seriously. And people say I'm a dick.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
:tup:
@IrishZebra don't know how close you were to them but it's a heartbreaking situation, especially for someone who has to tell the news to their child.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I disagree with it. And so do all these people turned so extremist and violent by Western foreign policy and atrocities in the Middle East...
Like Omar that committed the attack in Denmark in February. We gave his parents asylum, we gave him and his family a 2nd chance.

But apparently Danish Jews and a Cartoonist was a part of that "violent by Western foreign policy and atrocities in the Middle East".

Charlie Hebdo-attack was also caused by France's foreign policy?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
That's all I wanted to know. And it's certainly your right to feel this way.

I disagree with it. And so do all these people turned so extremist and violent by Western foreign policy and atrocities in the Middle East... And until everyone on this god-forsaken earth "gives a fuck", none of this is ever going to change. You can bomb them back into the stone age, martyr them by committing further atrocities, and follow this eye-for-an-eye, life-for-a-life path all the way down the rabbit hole... but that's endgame talk for the world there... and incredibly shortsighted.

In counter insurgency terms it's actually quite effective provided you are sufficiently brutal.

The other way to defeat them is to outnumber them roughly 10 to 1 and starve them of their support network while creating an alternate workable system for those you can convince to join you, similar to the Malayan strategy.

Indeed a lot of people think the US Invading Iraq caused this, in fact, it was the post-invasion decision to remove Bathism and anybody tied to it from public life. So in fact, the USA dismantling the machinery of dictatorship created ISIS the irony of which shouldn't be lost on any of us.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #711
    Because "we" are litterally still doing it in their doorsteps, besides propping up dictators that oppress them for decades. Also because unlike other regions who dont interest "us" anymore (after centuries of raping them, unlike ME which was started on a century go for first time after Ottomans), the ME is rich in resources and very much a strategic importance for the Geopolitical war games between US&co and Russia/Iran.
    Like Omar that committed the attack in Denmark in February. We gave his parents asylum, we gave him and his family a 2nd chance.

But apparently Danish Jews and a Cartoonist was a part of that "violent by Western foreign policy and atrocities in the Middle East".

What Maddy said. It has nothing to do with our foreign policy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

And you think these attacks were caused exclusively by cartoons and had nothing to do with the bigger picture in the Islamic world?

:sergio:

OP
    Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #713
    In counter insurgency terms it's actually quite effective provided you are sufficiently brutal.

The other way to defeat them is to outnumber them roughly 10 to 1 and starve them of their support network while creating an alternate workable system for those you can convince to join you, similar to the Malayan strategy.

Indeed a lot of people think the US Invading Iraq caused this, in fact, it was the post-invasion decision to remove Bathism and anybody tied to it from public life. So in fact, the USA dismantling the machinery of dictatorship created ISIS the irony of which shouldn't be lost on any of us.
    Which is why France bombing them is stupid and will only make them stronger.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Heck even a Western Muslims like Cheesio have defended attacking Freedom of Speech now living in and with the Freedom of Speech he hates.

But obviously if the West haven't done what we have in the Middle East. Muslims all around the World would salute Freedom of Speech.

What am I trying to say. It ain't that simple. So many things cause the extremism we see among Muslims.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011

:sergio:

Amazing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    What Maddy said. It has nothing to do with our foreign policy.
    And it has very little to do with cartoons... aside from being a tipping point, and a target upon which to vent their anger over the general condition of the Islamic world and its treatment by the west.

Don't be ridiculous here. These people don't wake up one day content, and then become violent extremists, exclusively because of a cartoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)