Paris attacks (11 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
:sergio:

To all your posts in this thread*. I know this will only reinforce you in your "opinion", but there's no discussing such matters with anyone holding such a mindset anyways.

Bar the loss of your collegue of course, my condolences to that.
What mindset, that Iran is as guilty as any state for committing atrocities?

What about ethnic terror, what about separatist terror, what about Jewish terror, what about Christian terror, what about Sikh terror, what about left-wing terror...? Are those forms of terror important to fight too?
Absolutely, why wouldn't they be? I mean, they're not necessarily behind these attacks but I think I see that you are assuming that I think Hurr Durr Muslams are Terrarist, which obviously I don't.

I don't believe it's simply "a night of terror" that has him upset. I believe it is the fact that he lost people somewhat close to him. It's not just a "terror attack", it's personal.
That and the fact that I had very close people in the epicenter of an attack which struck at Europe, my homeland.

- - - Updated - - -

First, smooooooooth reply to Hoori champ...

2nd....I see, its that simple?

Ok then... lets play a little game of ally or not?

Ally?

or not?
Who's the first guy?

Second one is clearly an enemy, he's a Chelsea fan.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He is after all from Bolivia, the epicenter of western civilization.
So why am I wrong? And what do you know about my culture? what do you know about European descendants? or the middle class in Santa Cruz de la Sierra? Yeah, you've been to Bolivia, you came here to see Indios and shit but hey, maybe you didn't know we were colonized by SPAIN and their culture.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Here. I'm feeling nice. An education for you. Read this article.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

From 2009-2013, less than 2% of all terrorist attacks in the European Union were religiously motivated.

From 1980-2005 in the US, only 6% of terrorist attacks were made by Islamists. Less than Jewish Extremists, and Left-wing extremists. Since 9/11 in 14 years, Islamist terrorism has claimed 37 lives in America.
yea but thats not counting all the islamic terrorists who are slowly killing us with liquor stores, pizza chains and 7-11s :ahmed:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So why am I wrong? And what do you know about my culture? what do you know about European descendants? or the middle class in Santa Cruz de la Sierra? Yeah, you've been to Bolivia, you came here to see Indios and shit but hey, maybe you didn't know we were colonized by SPAIN and their culture.
Don't put the delightness of Western Europe on your Quinoa, Cholo.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Am I actually being lectured on atrocity by and Iranian?

Everybody who fights Islamic terror is an ally. Everybody who condones attacks against us or our allies can die. The people of Lebanon are the legitist motherfuckers in the Levant, everybody knows this.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, who tipped you off about my defenestration of Homosexual?
Each and every one of them :agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who's the first guy?

Second one is clearly an enemy, he's a Chelsea fan.
Sarhad Qader, one of the unheard of day to day heroes of Iraq. Former Peshmerga soldier and now police chief/General who fights and kills ISIS militants on near daily basis, but who you would probably consider worthless because he isnt a westerner? :

When the militants from Islamic State attacked, the men at the front line called Gen Sarhad Qader for back-up.
The general turned to his team - a police unit in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk. "Grab the guns and rocket-propelled grenades," he told them.
Braced for a long night, they drove into battle. As daybreak brought the front line into view, the militants brought out the mortars.
The general and his men found themselves outgunned. Three were injured. One was killed - or as the Kurds say, martyred.
"I loved and trusted him like a brother," the general says of the dead man, his aide for 11 years.

That's how long he's been police chief of Kirkuk. A former Kurdish peshmerga guerrilla who spent years fighting Saddam Hussein's forces, Qader got the job in the wake of the US-led invasion of Iraq, and has held it throughout the ensuing years of turmoil.

Some 245 policemen have been killed under his command, while more than a dozen attempts have been made on his life by bomb, bullet and poison.
He has survived having his soup laced with arsenic, as well as a suicide attack on his police station last year that killed 30 people. His family has paid a heavy price. In 2005, insurgents shot dead his brother, thinking it was him.
His survival is all the more surprising given his practice of leading from the front - in stark contrast to the Iraqi army officers who last June fled Iraq's second city, Mosul, in civilian clothes. This allowed Islamic State to take the city without a fight - and then to move into towns and villages in the vicinity of Kirkuk.

Qader's role stretches the normal definition of policing.
Firing grenades at Islamic State militants, his job is closer to that of a battlefield commander. Arresting a suspected insurgent from a Sunni Arab village, he is on a counter-terrorism mission.
Parleying with a sheikh who serves as a go-between with Islamic State, he plays the tribal elder. Dropping in on a Turkoman militia leader, he practises a version of what his Western counterparts might call community policing.
To his critics, however, Qader is above all a Kurd. Commanding a force that recruits heavily from the Kurdish community, he has been accused of prioritising its interests - a charge he firmly rejects.

Qader - who is generally known by his first name, Sarhad - says he has worked for the security of all Kirkuk's citizens. Ironically, this is not a security that he can personally enjoy.
"It has been more than six months since I was here," he says, on a brief stroll through the city centre. "I wish it was safe so we could come more often."
Ever wary of potential assassins, the general cuts short his walk and drives off - to spend the night trading bullets with Islamic State.

The second guy is worthless vermin who ofcourse gets alot more press then the above guy:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Absolutely, why wouldn't they be? I mean, they're not necessarily behind these attacks but I think I see that you are assuming that I think Hurr Durr Muslams are Terrarist, which obviously I don't.
My point isn't that you think this... it's that it isn't as simple as taking this hardline "either you're our ally or not" approach...

Western occupation of the Middle East over the last 100 plus years is a big part of this. Collateral civilian damage from NATO and American attacks on Middle Eastern targets plays a part in this. Israeli atrocities in Palestine play a part in this. Western supported regimes and the atrocities they commit in the region are a part of this. Those include the Shah of Iran, Saddam Hussein for the time he was useful, the Saudi royal family, and so on...

Saying it's this simple black and white deal, doesn't take any of that into account. And any understanding of the situation and possible path to a solution absolutely has to take these things into account and figure out a way to remedy them.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Here. I'm feeling nice. An education for you. Read this article.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

From 2009-2013, less than 2% of all terrorist attacks in the European Union were religiously motivated.

From 1980-2005 in the US, only 6% of terrorist attacks were made by Islamists. Less than Jewish Extremists, and Left-wing extremists. Since 9/11 in 14 years, Islamist terrorism has claimed 37 lives in America.
good taqiyya, Ms Ahmed

from europol, her own source

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My point isn't that you think this... it's that it isn't as simple as taking this hardline "either you're our ally or not" approach...

Western occupation of the Middle East over the last 100 plus years is a big part of this. Collateral civilian damage from NATO and American attacks on Middle Eastern targets plays a part in this. Israeli atrocities in Palestine play a part in this. Western supported regimes and the atrocities they commit in the region are a part of this. Those include the Shah of Iran, Saddam Hussein for the time he was useful, the Saudi royal family, and so on...

Saying it's this simple black and white deal, doesn't take any of that into account. And any understanding of the situation and possible path to a solution absolutely has to take these things into account and figure out a way to remedy them.
Its kind of sad you need to say the obvious consequences of things like that to him. Like disfranchized and desperately oppressed people in carpet bombed region should just magically sing kumbaya after being pushed to the brink of hopelesssness.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #677

They just found a mass grave in Iraq with Yazidi women. How is that related to the West? These people kill anyone who doesen't fit their narrative and it has nothing to do with the West' actions.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006

Dude, the countries in question are fucking made up occupation countries anyway, literally just doodled on a map. Am I saying we're not douchebags on the daily in at least one MENA state? NO. Am I saying that we haven't made massive mistakes that killed people? NO.

We have always exploited a lot of these people, my 'black and white' line was that if you condone violence against the conceptualization of 'us' then you are at the very least providing ideological succor to the conceptualization of 'them'.

We give arms to Israel, we prop up tin pot dictators, and I plain don't give a fuck. I'm not some clueless jackanape with no knowledge of international politics or CT, I just plain don't give a fuck. If you take up arms against us you are our enemy and you can get fucked.

but who you would probably consider worthless because he isnt a westerner? :
    What in the world are you talking about Os? Have I not said several times that anybody who fights these dickweeds is an ally, what the fuck man.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    They just found a mass grave in Iraq with Yazidis women. How is that related to the West? These people kill anyone who doesen't fit their narrative and it has nothing to do with the West' actions.
    Daesh was virtually founded with the US invasion of Iraq. It would certainly not exist in the way and strength it does now without the second gulf war

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)