Paris attacks (15 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone who wants to be a muslim is a muslim. It's more of an identity than a set of instructions or a certain worldview. Wrong or right I don't know but this is the case with those most vulnerable to be recruited by extremists (i.e., muslims in western Europe (and Paris is the best example of that) who have been marginalized and stripped of human value, worth and esteem. They may have never gone to a mosque, they may have drunk alcohol, had sex, etc, but are ridiculously identity-less and confused, and religion suddenly seems to fill the gap). Interestingly, this is also the way west sees muslims. You are a muslim if your parents are. This is not your choice anymore (what we imagine religion to be), this is your race, your nationality, your identity, and you have to carry it with you everywhere you go. You are a muslim, and thus either a threat in the most extreme case, or are at the very least supposed and expected to feel ashamed and embarrassed and sorry because of what other people have done. Not only that, like Zak said, you are bound to be punished for what you have not done. Shitty world, isn't it.

Daesh will disappear (although there are striking differences between their approach and that of say al-ghaeda) but something else will replace them, unless ... unless muslims start getting their shit together? I wish that was the solution, because that would be possible. But Daesh and its likes will never disappear unless the filthy powers who are now mourning over the corpse of humanity (which did not matter when Lebanese people were killed by the same assholes and for the same reason) stay the fuck out of that region. Which will not happen, because there is never an end to their greed.
:tup:

The hypocrisy in this is ridiculous. It's the first time that a single religion has been this ostracized and shamed as a whole for the actions of a tiny minority of extremists.

Do we shame and ostracize all Christians because a few extremists commit atrocities? Just this year Robert Doggart was caught planning out a terror attack on New York Mosques, Islamic schools, etc. He asked his followers to be cruel to Muslims, burn down their Mosques, cut them to shreds with machetes. The Maronite Christian terrorists during the Lebanese Civil War, Christian White Supremacists, Christian abortion clinic bombers, The Branch Davidians, Jonestown, etc...

Do we shame and ostracize all Jewish people because of the existence of numerous Jewish terrorist organizations in Israel? Or for the Jewish Defense League in the United States which has committed multiple terrorist attacks, and has been labeled by the FBI as a a violent extremist group.

Nope.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A Colleague and his wife were killed in this, leaving behind a young baby,

I have nothing to say except that every proponent of attacks against Western targets, military or civilian should be bled slowly like the pigs they are.
Sorry to hear that, sucks.

Does your second comment imply its ok to have attacks that target non western targets? (ISIS have had attacks in Libanon, Saudi and Egypt/Russian airplane recently).

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Thanks. That is a well-written rebuttal. The author of the original article also said a couple interesting things in later interviews that again take a little less hardline approach to the issue.

ISIS is clearly Islamic... but it should not be for those outside the religion to decide whether they are "good" or "bad" muslims or the most or least faithful adherents to Islamic holy texts. The Muslim world is well over a billion strong and their voice should be the voice that should be listened to when they clearly condemn the practices and fundamentalism of ISIS... or so goes my opinion.
Agreed.

I also think that point about the distinction between the two meanings of "islamic" - the cultural and the religious - is pretty important and not one I had ever thought about beforehand admittedly.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Does your second comment imply its ok to have attacks that target non western targets? (ISIS have had attacks in Libanon, Saudi and Egypt/Russian airplane recently).
No, it doesn't. You really are a dick for asking that question to someone who just lost a person he cared about.

Edit: My bad :p You're not a dick, amigo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I meant Muslims causing terror (executing or planning terrorist attacks).

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what I meant :D

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt Islam (Dawah?), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. This is why "too" active promoters of Islam face deportation and sometimes even a jail sentence.
So it's okay if others execute or plan terror attacks? Just not Muslims? So the religious group Aum Shimrikyo, they should be able to continue things like the Sarin attack on the Subway, because they're not Muslim?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

We should stand with our allies, everybody else can get fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

The hypocrisy in this is ridiculous. It's the first time that a single religion has been this ostracized and shamed as a whole for the actions of a tiny minority of extremists.

Do we shame and ostracize all Christians because a few extremists commit atrocities? Just this year Robert Doggart was caught planning out a terror attack on New York Mosques, Islamic schools, etc. He asked his followers to be cruel to Muslims, burn down their Mosques, cut them to shreds with machetes. The Maronite Christian terrorists during the Lebanese Civil War, Christian White Supremacists, Christian abortion clinic bombers, The Branch Davidians, Jonestown, etc...

Do we shame and ostracize all Jewish people because of the existence of numerous Jewish terrorist organizations in Israel? Or for the Jewish Defense League in the United States which has committed multiple terrorist attacks, and has been labeled by the FBI as a a violent extremist group.

Nope.
Christian and Western are analogous for a lot of camel jockies around the world. The left give way worse treatment to Christians and Jews that you are making out. Muslims are held on a fucking pedastel in Europe as victims in need of support and its our fault they aren't integrated, while Christians are derided in every sector of society.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Nope.
Well, it's 2015 and close to 100% of terrorist attacks are committed by Islamic groups. Also, Islam and the west are incompatible so it's easy to get pissed off at Muslims.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Christian and Western are analogous for a lot of camel jockies around the world.
France must have never entered that region ;) This "one" night of horror that is upsetting you is what our people living everyday, due to the atrocities of your allies in the middle east.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agreed.

I also think that point about the distinction between the two meanings of "islamic" - the cultural and the religious - is pretty important and not one I had ever thought about beforehand admittedly.
I've never really thought about it either. I think we're bombarded with images and news in the West that makes us constantly blur that distinction if not forget it exists entirely.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

So you see innocent civilian lifes being lost in different values based on the political/geopgrahical alliances they are in?

As tragic as this massacre is, it can be put in singular, while this shit happens regurarly in other countries that happen to not be your "allies". And some of these massacres are committed by your so called allies, aside from the ISIS lowlifes butchering them on daily basis.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Christian and Western are analogous for a lot of camel jockies around the world. The left give way worse treatment to Christians and Jews that you are making out. Muslims are held on a fucking pedastel in Europe as victims in need of support and its our fault they aren't integrated, while Christians are derided in every sector of society.
:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

Did you really just say this? Are you that ignorant?
He is after all from Bolivia, the epicenter of western civilization

- - - Updated - - -

So you see innocent civilian lifes being lost in different values based on the political/geopgrahical alliances they are in?

As tragic as this massacre is, it can be put in singular, while this shit happens regurarly in other countries that happen to not be your "allies". And some of these massacres are committed by your so called allies, aside from the ISIS lowlifes butchering them on daily basis.
Which ironically makes him no different than isis

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
France must have never entered that region ;) This "one" night of horror that is upsetting you is what our people living everyday, due to the atrocities of your allies in the middle east.
Am I actually being lectured on atrocity by and Iranian?

Everybody who fights Islamic terror is an ally. Everybody who condones attacks against us or our allies can die. The people of Lebanon are the legitist motherfuckers in the Levant, everybody knows this.

- - - Updated - - -

:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

He is after all from Bolivia, the epicenter of western civilization

- - - Updated - - -

Which ironically makes him no different than isis

Indeed, who tipped you off about my defenestration of Homosexual?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Everybody who fights Islamic terror is an ally. Everybody who condones attacks against us or our allies can die. The people of Lebanon are the legitist motherfuckers in the Levant, everybody knows this.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, who tipped you off about my defenestration of Homosexual?
Pretty sure you can be talked into it if he were the right shade of brown

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, it's 2015 and close to 100% of terrorist attacks are committed by Islamic groups. Also, Islam and the west are incompatible so it's easy to get pissed off at Muslims.
Here. I'm feeling nice. An education for you. Read this article.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

From 2009-2013, less than 2% of all terrorist attacks in the European Union were religiously motivated.

From 1980-2005 in the US, only 6% of terrorist attacks were made by Islamists. Less than Jewish Extremists, and Left-wing extremists. Since 9/11 in 14 years, Islamist terrorism has claimed 37 lives in America.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't believe it's simply "a night of terror" that has him upset. I believe it is the fact that he lost people somewhat close to him. It's not just a "terror attack", it's personal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What about ethnic terror, what about separatist terror, what about Jewish terror, what about Christian terror, what about Sikh terror, what about left-wing terror...? Are those forms of terror important to fight too?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
:sergio:

To all your posts in this thread*. I know this will only reinforce you in your "opinion", but there's no discussing such matters with anyone holding such a mindset anyways.

Bar the loss of your collegue of course, my condolences to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)