Paris attacks (10 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Actually Reza makes a good point. Anyone calling themselves Muslim is a Muslim. One cannot deny that. The only requirement to being a Muslim is to believe in the Kalima Shahada, i.e. That there is only one God and that Muhammad is his messenger. You may disagree with this but there's a good reason for this rule to exist. As you may or may not have noticed but a lot of Muslims like Turk and Goodfellas like to label anyone who doesn't agree with them as non-Muslims like the Shia's and myself who's an Ahmadi Muslim. Groups like Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS would rid the world of the non-Muslims, i.e. anyone in the West and Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews everywhere and then finally they'd weed out over a billion Muslims who they don't deem as Muslims. So really in their ideal world the only people left on earth would be in the thousands.
I can deny that. But you're beholden to rules I am not.

I just don't confuse mental illness for faith.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think this song fits the situation.

They don't hate us, they just hate their lives
And desperate people, learn to despise
The suicidals, don't want a coup
They don't wanna blow up
They just want their 72

72 virgins can never stop a war
But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Corps
And stopping hatred, fighting will cease
When everyone is getting blowjobs
That's when we'll finally have world peace

How many million men, have been killed in foreign wars?
We need to reinstate the draft, enlist a million whores
Start with sororities, and all the spring breaks
Ship the girls gone wild to Afghanistan
They'll gladly blow the Sheiks
These holy wars aren't holy
It's not the military complex
Terrorist are 16 year old kids
Who were promised Jihad sex

Maybe, if they could see a woman's face
They might not get on to that plane
With a bomb in their suitcase

72 virgins can never stop a war
But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Corps
And stopping violence, fighting will cease
When everyone is getting blowjobs
That's when we'll finally have world peace.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Anyone who wants to be a muslim is a muslim. It's more of an identity than a set of instructions or a certain worldview. Wrong or right I don't know but this is the case with those most vulnerable to be recruited by extremists (i.e., muslims in western Europe (and Paris is the best example of that) who have been marginalized and stripped of human value, worth and esteem. They may have never gone to a mosque, they may have drunk alcohol, had sex, etc, but are ridiculously identity-less and confused, and religion suddenly seems to fill the gap). Interestingly, this is also the way west sees muslims. You are a muslim if your parents are. This is not your choice anymore (what we imagine religion to be), this is your race, your nationality, your identity, and you have to carry it with you everywhere you go. You are a muslim, and thus either a threat in the most extreme case, or are at the very least supposed and expected to feel ashamed and embarrassed and sorry because of what other people have done. Not only that, like Zak said, you are bound to be punished for what you have not done. Shitty world, isn't it.

Daesh will disappear (although there are striking differences between their approach and that of say al-ghaeda) but something else will replace them, unless ... unless muslims start getting their shit together? I wish that was the solution, because that would be possible. But Daesh and its likes will never disappear unless the filthy powers who are now mourning over the corpse of humanity (which did not matter when Lebanese people were killed by the same assholes and for the same reason) stay the fuck out of that region. Which will not happen, because there is never an end to their greed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Post Ironic, don't know if you already know this, but it's the best rebuttal of that atlantic article I found
http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...hat-muslims-really-want-isis-atlantic/386156/

Also, why can't a leave you a visitor message?

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least the first part of the article is good, later on it doesn't really address the points of the original piece in my opinion.
:tup:

Thanks. That is a well-written rebuttal. The author of the original article also said a couple interesting things in later interviews that again take a little less hardline approach to the issue.

"To say that they are 'Islamic' could mean one of two things. It could mean that they fall into this diverse and contradictory traditions of Islam, or it could mean—as I think a lot of people want it to—that they express the one true Islam. I take no position on that second point, but I can clearly say on the first one that they are well within the bounds of what has historically been considered part of Islam."
ISIS is clearly Islamic... but it should not be for those outside the religion to decide whether they are "good" or "bad" muslims or the most or least faithful adherents to Islamic holy texts. The Muslim world is well over a billion strong and their voice should be the voice that should be listened to when they clearly condemn the practices and fundamentalism of ISIS... or so goes my opinion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Anyone who wants to be a muslim is a muslim. It's more of an identity than a set of instructions or a certain worldview. Wrong or right I don't know but this is the case with those most vulnerable to be recruited by extremists (i.e., muslims in western Europe (and Paris is the best example of that) who have been marginalized and stripped of human value, worth and esteem. They may have never gone to a mosque, they may have drunk alcohol, had sex, etc, but are ridiculously identity-less and confused, and religion suddenly seems to fill the gap). Interestingly, this is also the way west sees muslims. You are a muslim if your parents are. This is not your choice anymore (what we imagine religion to be), this is your race, your nationality, your identity, and you have to carry it with you everywhere you go. You are a muslim, and thus either a threat in the most extreme case, or are at the very least supposed and expected to feel ashamed and embarrassed and sorry because of what other people have done. Not only that, like Zak said, you are bound to be punished for what you have not done. Shitty world, isn't it.

Daesh will disappear (although there are striking differences between their approach and that of say al-ghaeda) but something else will replace them, unless ... unless muslims start getting their shit together? I wish that was the solution, because that would be possible. But Daesh and its likes will never disappear unless the filthy powers who are now mourning over the corpse of humanity (which did not matter when Lebanese people were killed by the same assholes and for the same reason) stay the fuck out of that region. Which will not happen, because there is never an end to their greed.
The problem is that you don't get to dictate to me what to believe when I don't subscribe to your faith, though. Rachel Dolezal may have been the head of an NAACP chapter and identified herself as black, but that doesn't mean I believe she is.

The fact that these Daesh guys are calling themselves Muslim is laughable in my eyes, whereas I understand that others who follow the faith accept that they are on statements alone. It's a cognitive disconnect for me that I cannot reconcile -- partly because I do not have a faith that tells me so.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #633

It is often in the mosque they become radicalized.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Yeah, Japan has no experience with suicide warfare.
    I meant Muslims causing terror (executing or planning terrorist attacks).

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because they are a far more xenophobic nation than anything in Europe? :shifty:
    That's exactly what I meant :D

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt Islam (Dawah?), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. This is why "too" active promoters of Islam face deportation and sometimes even a jail sentence.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    A Colleague and his wife were killed in this, leaving behind a young baby,

I have nothing to say except that every proponent of attacks against Western targets, military or civilian should be bled slowly like the pigs they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)