Paolo De Ceglie (7 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This new formation, needs some added help from the wing backs on the wings,
since we dont have a dedicated winger now, it is imperative to add some width on our flanks.

Also secure our flanks from flanking moves. In serie B and at times last year, DC has proved that he can offer those services in a satisfacatory rate/manner.
He has the potential to go far beyond Molinaro offensively and become at least marginally better than Moli defensively! He is not even at the Age, Moli started playing there with us.

Being able, both offensively (as proved last year) and defensively (as proving this year), will give us the opportunity to adjust him, precisely at our needs.
Smth that cannot be done with an older, (Grosso) or less gifted Lb, (like Moli) or dedicated to one role ( offensive/defensive; Salih/Criscito)

All that DC needs is some more playing and a decent chance, Ciro, given the chance will give him that. If DC fails that, then we should considering loaning/selling him. Up until then, he is our best chance for the future!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This new formation, needs some added help from the wing backs on the wings,
since we dont have a dedicated winger now, it is imperative to add some width on our flanks.

Also secure our flanks from flanking moves. In serie B and at times last year, DC has proved that he can offer those services in a satisfacatory rate/manner.
He has the potential to go far beyond Molinaro offensively and become at least marginally better than Moli defensively! He is not even at the Age, Moli started playing there with us.

Being able, both offensively (as proved last year) and defensively (as proving this year), will give us the opportunity to adjust him, precisely at our needs.
Smth that cannot be done with an older, (Grosso) or less gifted Lb, (like Moli) or dedicated to one role ( offensive/defensive; Salih/Criscito)

All that DC needs is some more playing and a decent chance, Ciro, given the chance will give him that. If DC fails that, then we should considering loaning/selling him. Up until then, he is our best chance for the future!
I hope Ciro does. He got to play in the first game of the season, lets see if Ciro continues that with consistency. I agree with Andy, he showed he can move up and down the flank with ease last year and still put in some great crosses. He has done it before and surely he can do it again. Give him time to grow in our team, not someone elses.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Salih is far better defensively than DC and Criscito is not that bad offensively, he has played as winger for Genoa also, Mimmo actually is what i'd like to see at LB. But if we give a starting role to DC for two years like we did with Moli, than the outcome may be a lot better, but i can't see why we should do that, since right now DC is bad defender and our squad already is competitive enough to fight for titles. Two years ago it'd have made sense to give a chance to youngster in a position where we are not covered well, right now it makes no sense.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, Bianconero81, you have convinced me with your arguments. Hence, I will adjust my statement: De Ceglie is a better defender than Molinaro.
I don't want or need to convince you. I am just stating my opinion, and whether you like it or not, happen to agree or disagree with it is not really my concern.

Oh, and your lame attempts at being sarcastic are hardly laudable either.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
De ceglie was crap in last match but i have seen him do good things.

IMO worse thana player who lacks certain characteristics, is a player who is not intelligent enough to play football and do quick and logical decitions.... MOli, Grygera and to some extent leggro (i have never liked his lacks of confidence)... belong to this group.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
JCK is delusional. Let him believe what he wishes. I don't need to dispel the myth that I am this character he speaks of.

Btw, JCK, you haven't answered my question :p Oh yeah, and Obviously my world does revolve around me.

I do have a life; the question is, do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)