Paolo De Ceglie (13 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What about using DC on the midfield instead of poulsen.

It seems he has all what it takes to defend the middle of the pitch and offer offensive support when needed.

Now with grosso we have a more offensive and reliable defensive approach as aleft back.. and if things go nasty, well we can use the more defensively oriented molinaro. DC maybe doesnt have a chance in there taking in consideration that he cant cross well and cant defend well when caught out of position.

In the middle he will be able to focus more on short passes and link up plays, rather than long runs and crosses.

something in the lines of:

Camo- - Melo- - De Ceglie

---------Diego

Striker1--------striker2

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What about using DC on the midfield instead of poulsen.

It seems he has all what it takes to defend the middle of the pitch and offer offensive support when needed.

Now with grosso we have a more offensive and reliable defensive approach as aleft back.. and if things go nasty, well we can use the more defensively oriented molinaro. DC maybe doesnt have a chance in there taking in consideration that he cant cross well and cant defend well when caught out of position.

In the middle he will be able to focus more on short passes and link up plays, rather than long runs and crosses.

something in the lines of:

Camo- - Melo- - De Ceglie

---------Diego

Striker1--------striker2
I'm not sure about that, Hydde. With Camo and DC on the sides of Melo, that might provide too much width. With Grosso, we already have our width for the left flank, so I think we need somebody to help out Melo more in the center. We've seen how good he is going forward, so I'd rather have a Sissoko or Marchisio or Tiago in there to help out.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm not sure about that, Hydde. With Camo and DC on the sides of Melo, that might provide too much width. With Grosso, we already have our width for the left flank, so I think we need somebody to help out Melo more in the center. We've seen how good he is going forward, so I'd rather have a Sissoko or Marchisio or Tiago in there to help out.
Exactly, now we have Grosso we don't need that width DC would provide. It's a real shame, but DC as a player, with his characteristics, doesn't really have a place in our new formation. We have better options, and quite a few aswell.

Ferrara isn't a fan of Molinaro, so I guess he will be used as backup for Grosso as LB ( Sali ? ) but I don't see him getting much playing time in midfield. Won't be an easy season for him.

Sep 3, 2009
apparently De Ceglie could be going to AC Milan on a loan deal in January, That will be absolutely disastrous if he goes, cuz we can use as a midfielder if he doesn't get much time at left back. Thats what Ciro said., Ciro doesn't want him going, but the Juventus board do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)